Nebraska Baseball 2012 Schedule

Just updated info after the final of the Cal series was posted.

The trajectory for this team certainly is going up, but it's not without its self-inflicted stumbles as well. Here's hoping we see Nebraska take 3 of 4 against LSU and both of the Northern Colorado contests so we can go into Big 10 play on an upswing.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Updated information again as of today. Hopefully if we can take this tOSU series and two from Purdue, we'll be back in the Top 25.

And hey--we're only six wins away from tying our W total from all of last year (29-25, IIRC) and we have 31% (21 games) of the season to go. And we've already had two nationally-televised games on the BTN, with at least four more to go, as compared to the four national appearances (1 ESPNU, 1 Fox Sports, 2 CBS College Sports) we had last year.

Not too shabby. Good work so far. :)

It sucks to think about what our record should be.

Not *that* much. Though I think this team would love to have that Gonzaga series back--the team now could likely finish out and win 2 of 3 in that one. Probably would be on or around the bottom of the Top 25 too.

Oh well, let's just beat up on tOSU and Purdue so we can take the driver's seat for this thing. :)

Not *that* much. Though I think this team would love to have that Gonzaga series back--the team now could likely finish out and win 2 of 3 in that one. Probably would be on or around the bottom of the Top 25 too.

Oh well, let's just beat up on tOSU and Purdue so we can take the driver's seat for this thing. :)

As well as the iowa loss, two @ NW, Northern Colorado, probably that WV loss...but oh well. We are performing better than I expected, and just need to shore up mental lapses. It would be huge if we could get series wins the next two weekends.

EDIT: Really tired of 93.7, those guys are idiots

Why is that? Just curious.. I dont live in Lincoln and cant listen to them.

You are so lucky. I tune in over lunch just for a good laugh. More or less what backer said, they are idiots. There really is no other way to explain it. It's like redtilimdead and akita have a talk show.

As well as the iowa loss, two @ NW, Northern Colorado, probably that WV loss...but oh well. We are performing better than I expected, and just need to shore up mental lapses. It would be huge if we could get series wins the next two weekends.

Honestly, you're going to have one-off games where the lesser team wins--that's why it's important to win a series over the one-offs you mentioned IMO.

And yes, those losses suck, but baseball is a sport where it's easier for a lesser team to have a good day, jump up, and bite you. You see it this in MLB all the time--it's difficult to truly sweep any team, good or bad...unless you're playing my Royals, the only MLB team that was mathematically eliminated from post-season play before pitchers and catchers arrived for Spring Training. :-|

Anyway, crap losses happen. To paraphrase Ron Washington, "That's the way baseball go." A series loss, though, is a different creature.