DE Joe Mathis [Washington Commit]

Nexus

where do you think he is staying!!! haha actually my dad is good friends with the AD and serves on the board of the booster organization... soooooo maybe i'll take him on the real hawaii tour... the one that shows the large amount of families homeless on the beach.. the rundown towns.. the extreme poverty... the local crystal meth hot spots..... the polluted streams..... then if he really wants to get nasty i can take him to UH itself.. whats not to like about seeing vintage astro turf... cracked tracks... nasty locker rooms..... the fact that during spring training the team has to sleep in a boiling old gym filled with mutant cockaroachs.. or the luxery showers with not hot water and little or no soap..... i think he will get the message as i will be sporting a huge 'N' on my shirt....

ahh paradise!!

• Fire 1

Kind of discouraging info i just read on him. When asked if he is going to take an offiical to NU he said he wasnt sure. However he still had us in his top 3 of 10 with Wash, and Michigan. I dont want the debbie downers to freak out, he did say it was because he has already spent 4 DAYS HERE, and he has a great relationship with JP and the coaches already. We still need to get him here for an official to help seal the deal. Still thinking Michigan in the end as much as i hate to say it.

• 2 weeks later...

dude the moment U$C rolls back into the picture face the facts sh#t changes.... whether you like it or not it atleast captures a guys interest... i dont care if its literally 5 minutes before LOI signing day thats the power they have for a lot of kids and especially ones from cali and especially ones who close bro named SC happens to be committed to there...not saying its 100 % he goes there but you have to bet that U$C if they want him JM is going to be listening very carefully

thats where i hope we end up one day... where a kid is committed to one place or earns a Nebraska offer and it instantly changes plans for a kid......

dude the moment U$C rolls back into the picture face the facts sh#t changes.... whether you like it or not it atleast captures a guys interest... i dont care if its literally 5 minutes before LOI signing day thats the power they have for a lot of kids and especially ones from cali and especially ones who close bro named SC happens to be committed to there...not saying its 100 % he goes there but you have to bet that U$C if they want him JM is going to be listening very carefully

thats where i hope we end up one day... where a kid is committed to one place or earns a Nebraska offer and it instantly changes plans for a kid......

Nebraska does instantly change plans for a kid.... Just not the same caliber of kid. Anyone know how many verbals USC has. I know there are on a numbers crunch this year on schollies. I heard maybe 15 this year.

“I hung out with the coaches and learned some new moves, it was really cool.”

The USC coaches have picked up there interest in Joe recently.

“They want me a lot. They showed today that they really want me to be a part of the program.”

That’s because Joe impressed them with his skills and athleticism.

“They said that they hadn’t seen my take off before and that I was one of the best in the group. They said I was a lot more athletic than a lot of guys that where out there.”

When it comes to his game, Joe’s a perfectionist. This becomes obvious when he talks about how he felt about his performance.

“I did alright. I messed up a little bit but they said I did very well.”

Despite a great visit to USC, Joe is far from being done with the process.

“I have a top ten. UCLA, USC, Tennessee, Texas A&M, ASU, Alabama, Michigan, Washington, and Nebraska.They aren’t in a particular order.”

All of his top schools have targeted multiple prospects in the Inland Empire. Joe’s relationship with a few of those prospects might influence his decision.

“My relationship with all of them is cool. Tahaan and I have been talking and hanging out for awhile. I think I want to go to school with Tahaan, but it’s not the only factor.”

He’ll have plenty of time to consider all of those factors before he announces at the U.S Army All American Bowl. Then again, he could commit before that.

"If I get a strong feeling that a certain school is where I should be," I might commit before the Army game," said Mathis.

He will be at USC with Cravens. We had a chance if USC didnt enter the picture, especially since he stated he wanted to play with Craven, and was a USC fan (he has visited 4 times this year). Sad to say, but I highly doubt he will end up anywhere, other than USC.

He will be at USC with Cravens. We had a chance if USC didnt enter the picture, especially since he stated he wanted to play with Craven, and was a USC fan (he has visited 4 times this year). Sad to say, but I highly doubt he will end up anywhere, other than USC.

That is entirely possible but they only have 4 more spots. We shall see how high he is on their list.

Sean Callahan who went to the Rivals 5-star challenge said Mathis didn't really impress him. He said he does not see him ending up at NU for several reasons, he said he's not a kid who fits in with the NU program and that it is already pretty apparent Mathis is going to a JUCO. Basically, this kid's grades are so far gone that he doesnt have a shot of going to a 4-year school right now.