Running Back for 2013

walksalone

Against South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl, what if Alshon Jeffery had dropped that hail mary as the 1st half ended?

No one is really satisfied with the way the '11 season ended, but it's not nearly as bad as some want or need to think.

I agree...we were certainly a few plays from taking care of business against Northwestern. A play here and there from winning against USC. I think people take issue w/ the 11' season because for the last 3 years we're ALWAYS a play or two away from actually achieving our goals. Bo talks about these goals all the time, yet we've achieved few...if any. It's all because of a second here, or 1 play here. You want to talk about drops...talk about the Texas game in 2010. That's one where drops cost us the game.

I just don't like how some direct all of their attention towards some drops...but absolutely refuse to acknowledge Taylor's shortcomings. Or blame his lack of rushing yards on the OL when they are contending w/ an 8 man box because of his deficiencies in other areas. Or they make him out to be this amazing running threat...when the reality is that he's anything but these days. He was for 6 games, I'll give you that. He was for 2 games this season, I'll give you that. He's had 2 games (Okie State, Northwestern) where he's shown signs being a good but not great passer. It's just that after 25 games, it still hasn't come together for him. And after 4 seasons it still hasn't come together for Bo. Are we always going to be a play here or a play there from accomplishing something? It's frustrating at time so I don't worry too much when someone has something other than sunshine to spread on the board.

Against South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl, what if Alshon Jeffery had dropped that hail mary as the 1st half ended?

No one is really satisfied with the way the '11 season ended, but it's not nearly as bad as some want or need to think.

I agree...we were certainly a few plays from taking care of business against Northwestern. A play here and there from winning against USC. I think people take issue w/ the 11' season because for the last 3 years we're ALWAYS a play or two away from actually achieving our goals. Bo talks about these goals all the time, yet we've achieved few...if any. It's all because of a second here, or 1 play here. You want to talk about drops...talk about the Texas game in 2010. That's one where drops cost us the game.

I just don't like how some direct all of their attention towards some drops...but absolutely refuse to acknowledge Taylor's shortcomings. Or blame his lack of rushing yards on the OL when they are contending w/ an 8 man box because of his deficiencies in other areas. Or they make him out to be this amazing running threat...when the reality is that he's anything but these days. He was for 6 games, I'll give you that. He was for 2 games this season, I'll give you that. He's had 2 games (Okie State, Northwestern) where he's shown signs being a good but not great passer. It's just that after 25 games, it still hasn't come together for him. And after 4 seasons it still hasn't come together for Bo. Are we always going to be a play here or a play there from accomplishing something? It's frustrating at time so I don't worry too much when someone has something other than sunshine to spread on the board.

I acknowledge Taylor's shortcomings, but I still feel pretty content with how he played throughout 2011 and in the bowl game. If he can keep improving as a passer and get back to being the homerun threat that he was early in 2010, I will be thrilled.

Or you never know, maybe Brion or Tommy Armstrong come in and out-perform Taylor this fall. If only Brion can get his head around the offense, I really do agree with a lot of people that he has a greater upside. As of right now, Taylor is the better QB but that could change.

We actually have some agreement here. It was frustrating to watch the Huskers essentially take themselves out of several games with stupid mistakes last season. And I can't explain, with any degree of certainty, why those things happened. Football is, as you know, the ultimate team game and all it takes is for one guy to not do his job and a play can fall apart. When one play falls apart it can, and often does, affect the series, and well sometimes there's a horrible domino effect--see the game against Michigan.

Taylor has issues certainly. But you'll be amazed at how much better he'll look if the other players around him simply execute. I mean Taylor looks odd throwing the ball but more often than not he puts the ball right where it needs to be--it simply hits our WRs in the hands.

I, along with every other Husker fan, want a conference and/or national title. But I also understand that Bo is one of the few head coaches in the entire FBS to win 38 games in four seasons--so in that respect he's in some pretty elite company.

We actually have some agreement here. It was frustrating to watch the Huskers essentially take themselves out of several games with stupid mistakes last season. And I can't explain, with any degree of certainty, why those things happened. Football is, as you know, the ultimate team game and all it takes is for one guy to not do his job and a play can fall apart. When one play falls apart it can, and often does, affect the series, and well sometimes there's a horrible domino effect--see the game against Michigan.

Taylor has issues certainly. But you'll be amazed at how much better he'll look if the other players around him simply execute. I mean Taylor looks odd throwing the ball but more often than not he puts the ball right where it needs to be--it simply hits our WRs in the hands.

I, along with every other Husker fan, want a conference and/or national title. But I also understand that Bo is one of the few head coaches in the entire FBS to win 38 games in four seasons--so in that respect he's in some pretty elite company.

and at the end of the season, we are damn lucky to even be rated in the top 25..........so, yeah, it is getting old real fast.......i guess we are one of the worst of the best.

Nice strawman to dream up. Who is saying that? Yeah, of course.....nobody.

I just posted on this thread he averaged 6 YPC this year for over 1,000 yds. What in the world does he have to do to get you haters off his back?

10 YPC? 20 YPC? 40 YPC?

Even SuperRex was under 5 YPC this year. Why don't you rip him to shreds for awhile?

Last year you and others bitched, whined, sobbed & moaned until the Missouri river overflowed that he was so selfish, hogging the ball, etc. So this year he distributes the ball more, does his sliding to avoid injury, etc and you bitch that he's not a threat anymore. What a surprise.... :rolleyes:

Well, Tmart was sacked 21 times in 2011 for -136 yds.

Take the sacks away and his rushing totals this year, even with being "neutralized", are 167 runs for 1010 yds (6.1 ypc, 9 TDs). Compare those to SuperRex's numbers....

Tmart 167-1010 yds (6.1 ypc, 9 TDs)

SuperRex 284-1406 (4.8 ypc, 15 TDs)

Sure, he was "neutralized" indeed. Great insight Chris, as always.

If you take away all of his bad plays he was AWESOME!

I'm more concerned about his turnovers.

No one is taking away his bad plays, genius. Just our qb's passing sacks from his rushing numbers. Is that really so difficult to understand?

Last year you and others bitched, whined, sobbed & moaned until the Missouri river overflowed that he was so selfish, hogging the ball, etc. So this year he distributes the ball more, does his sliding to avoid injury, etc and you bitch that he's not a threat anymore. What a surprise.... :rolleyes:

Take the sacks away and his rushing totals this year, even with being "neutralized", are 167 runs for 1010 yds (6.1 ypc, 9 TDs). Compare those to SuperRex's numbers....

No one is taking away his bad plays, genius. Just our qb's passing sacks from his rushing numbers. Is that really so difficult to understand?

But seriously . . . he completed 100% of the passes that he threw that were caught by the receivers. :P

• Fire 1

But seriously . . . he completed 100% of the passes that he threw that were caught by the receivers. :P

:rollin

I think Bo's biggest problem was that he did so well his first year here. I mean, if he wins 6 or 7 games his first year everyone would have ubderstanded because it was his first year and there was a lot of work to be done. Instead, he puts up a decent record and wins the bowl game so the expectations sky rocketed for that next season.

If he gradually gets better over these last four years, us as fans would be a lot more optimistic with the position the skers are currently in.

I dont think anyone realizes how much work bo had to put into this program after billy c ran it into the ground. I do want the huskers to win the NC and Conf champ. but it takes time to get there and i am sick of hearing every one complian about how bo has fallen short of OUR (fans) goals. He is the ceo of our team and we as fans just need to let him do his job that is why he is the coach and none of us are. The fans have their expectations and the Husker program has their own expectations and obviously bo only has to meet the Husker program expectations and he has met them and in my opinion and my expectations, he has met mine. He has improved our program immensely. At least for me, Husker Pride is back. I was never ashamed to say I was a Husker fan but I can say it with a lot more gusto now. Give bo credit. It doesn't take as long to run programs into the ground as it does to to turn them around and I for one am very impressed with how fast he has turned the program around.

Now as for the running backs i can see improvement this upcoming season and next. it looks like we are going after smaller backs and not the real big bruiser. I am really looking forward to this yr because i want to see how beck will use all this speed we have in the back feild. i just really am look foward to some much improvment our o line will have and to see some big gaping holes for our running backs in the coming years. (sorry about the above paragraph had to get it off my chest)

I dont think anyone realizes how much work bo had to put into this program after billy c ran it into the ground. I do want the huskers to win the NC and Conf champ. but it takes time to get there and i am sick of hearing every one complian about how bo has fallen short of OUR (fans) goals. He is the ceo of our team and we as fans just need to let him do his job that is why he is the coach and none of us are. The fans have their expectations and the Husker program has their own expectations and obviously bo only has to meet the Husker program expectations and he has met them and in my opinion and my expectations, he has met mine. He has improved our program immensely. At least for me, Husker Pride is back. I was never ashamed to say I was a Husker fan but I can say it with a lot more gusto now. Give bo credit. It doesn't take as long to run programs into the ground as it does to to turn them around and I for one am very impressed with how fast he has turned the program around.

Now as for the running backs i can see improvement this upcoming season and next. it looks like we are going after smaller backs and not the real big bruiser. I am really looking forward to this yr because i want to see how beck will use all this speed we have in the back feild. i just really am look foward to some much improvment our o line will have and to see some big gaping holes for our running backs in the coming years. (sorry about the above paragraph had to get it off my chest)

Beck had the same speed last year and ran Rex right, Rex left......i would hope for more variety this season, but not holding my breath.

Beck had the same speed last year and ran Rex right, Rex left......i would hope for more variety this season, but not holding my breath.

You're right. The teams in the 90s mixed up the playcalling like crazy. Never ran the same play twice all game long :sarcasm

It would severely disappoint me if Beck tried to "use the speed that our team has" and get all cutesy on offense. We need to continue where we left off last year and just do everything better, especially on the O-Line, on a consistent basis.

You're right. The teams in the 90s mixed up the playcalling like crazy. Never ran the same play twice all game long :sarcasm

It would severely disappoint me if Beck tried to "use the speed that our team has" and get all cutesy on offense. We need to continue where we left off last year and just do everything better, especially on the O-Line, on a consistent basis.

the talent level that nebraska had in the mid 90's was amazing nebraska didn't have to mix up the play calling a great deal because the teams back then were just that much better than everybody, chances are nebraska will never have that kind of talent again. our #2s back then were better then most teams starters. but alot of things have changed since then. for one the talent level has evened out through out all the teams in major college football for the most part, largely because the media coverage that these kids can get now if they are a big fish in a small pond so to speak. another thing that has changed since the 90's is that nebraska had its worst era in the programs illustrious history under billy c. Bo has done a pretty good job in bringing this program back into the national light, and i think in time Bo will have this program as a serious conference champ, and MNC contender.

so what i guess im getting at is that until we can get to the point that bo has the program a serious contender every year again and draw in better recruits and we can get more consistent o-line play beck is going to have to try everything he can to keep defenses unbalanced