Now that one season is over, are you happy you left?

Nonregag09

Apologies on my part for the tone in my earlier posts addressing 4skers89.

Welcome to HB!

My name is Bucky, and as you have seen I enjoy going to town on anyone who slights Wisconsin.

Bucky, No problem. I figured out long ago that it is better to ignore people like you. My slight on Wisconsin was based on personal observations while attending the game at Madison. I have no problem with people being exuberant for their team. For any other Husker fans that were there, I hope there is no reciprocation toward Wisconsin fans in Lincoln. It's probably better to keep your distance from them unless they exhibit better class then your typical Badger fan. I completely agree that the atmosphere in Lincoln is a lot different than Madison. You should attend a game in Lincoln. Would be educational.

Re-shun

I was sad that we left the Big XII and the love that the pollsters seemed to give versus the B1G. I was just getting used to the teams. Before each game I already knew their style of play, the players and how well we would match up with them. Usually the score was the only surprise. I didn't know what to expect before each game this year. With 1 year experience we should feel more comfortable. The coaching staff will make the appropriate adjustments on defense and our offense will improve. I don't expect to see the blowout losses again.

I'm looking forward to competing with a couple of teams on the all time win list that are in the B1G. I always wondered if Texas had their eye on the list when they played us. Seemed like they always played better against us. We need to raise our level of play to provide many close games/ upsets with Ohio State and Michigan. Its fun hashing over these games with fans of teams that have winning traditions- probably because of their decorum. I had a great conversation at an airport with an tOSU fan shortly after we played them. He wasn't an tOSU grad, a blue collar retiree that was a huge fan and had excellent insight to their program. He clued me in that they could possibly get Urban Meyer as coach. Unfortunately I may be moving out of the midwest before the Ohio State game. Would love to go to the horseshoe for a close, competitive game that we will win. GBR!

Apologies on my part for the tone in my earlier posts addressing 4skers89.

Welcome to HB!

My name is Bucky, and as you have seen I enjoy going to town on anyone who slights Wisconsin.

Bucky, No problem. I figured out long ago that it is better to ignore people like you. My slight on Wisconsin was based on personal observations while attending the game at Madison. I have no problem with people being exuberant for their team. For any other Husker fans that were there, I hope there is no reciprocation toward Wisconsin fans in Lincoln. It's probably better to keep your distance from them unless they exhibit better class then your typical Badger fan. I completely agree that the atmosphere in Lincoln is a lot different than Madison. You should attend a game in Lincoln. Would be educational.

Re-shun

I was sad that we left the Big XII and the love that the pollsters seemed to give versus the B1G. I was just getting used to the teams. Before each game I already knew their style of play, the players and how well we would match up with them. Usually the score was the only surprise. I didn't know what to expect before each game this year. With 1 year experience we should feel more comfortable. The coaching staff will make the appropriate adjustments on defense and our offense will improve. I don't expect to see the blowout losses again.

I'm looking forward to competing with a couple of teams on the all time win list that are in the B1G. I always wondered if Texas had their eye on the list when they played us. Seemed like they always played better against us. We need to raise our level of play to provide many close games/ upsets with Ohio State and Michigan. Its fun hashing over these games with fans of teams that have winning traditions- probably because of their decorum. I had a great conversation at an airport with an tOSU fan shortly after we played them. He wasn't an tOSU grad, a blue collar retiree that was a huge fan and had excellent insight to their program. He clued me in that they could possibly get Urban Meyer as coach. Unfortunately I may be moving out of the midwest before the Ohio State game. Would love to go to the horseshoe for a close, competitive game that we will win. GBR!

"People like me"? Well its good that you can hear me well enough to know that you should ignore me...being, as you are, so high up on that ivory tower of yours.

I actually ran into a Texas fan who asked me how was i liking the new conference full of perverts (the wisconsin and penn st. thing)

I'm sorry guys, i couldn't fire back after that shot.

ask him how he feels about the perverts in his own school. ask why some of his coaches left(you know un wanted sexual advances) ask him how the book em horns are doing.

The only thing I don't like about it is, I live in Oklahoma, so I had 2 road games right in my back yard. Not so much anymore.

You would think the teams coming into the Big 12 would ask themselves why 4 teams went running away as fast as they could.

Can you imagine the Mountaineers taking a road trip to Lubbock? "Ol' Jeb was out hunting for a conference and struck Texas T, Tech that is. Gonna load up the truck and move to Big X!!, the Texas Conference that is."

People come to games in Madison for the party, that's well known throughout the country. At these parties we tend to drink a little and drinking is known to lead to asshatery. If you know this, as most football fans do, still choose to visit Madison and then whine about it I can't really feel bad for you.

As far as perception, I don't really care and it doesn't really matter what a few, new-to-the-conference-Husker fans think. Both football teams in the state are widely respected as having some of the best gameday experiences around and that won't change anytime soon.

You should talk to some of the other members of the Big Ten about the bold. It is not even close to the reputation that Madison has, both from folks I've talked to online and every single team that visited Lincoln. Most of the time I didn't even bring it up - just in general conversation about other members of the Big Ten, Badgers fans were mentioned as being some of the worst, and Madison specifically was mentioned as one of the worst places to visit for a game. This was a universal description.

You know I have no reason to intentionally drag you through the mud, so I'm not saying this out of spite or for any reason other than to relate what I heard.

Oh I know its nothing personal Knapp which is why you'll take no offense at me saying anecdotal evidence doesn't prove much.

Numerous sports writers and organizations have recognized the amazing expereince that a gameday in Madison is, and I'm not knocking Lincoln and the Huskers but naturally I'm going to defend my town:

"We love coming here," Herbstreit said. "Every week we're pretty spoiled. But I've played here, I've come in and called a bunch of games, so for me it's always fun to come in here, believe it or not, being an Ohio State guy." - Kirk Herbstreit.

"Watching the Wisconsin faithful last week at Camp Randall "Jump Around" and karaoke "Build Me Up, Buttercup" and "Sweet Caroline" left me wanting more from my Husker home game experiences.

Our atmosphere is good, but it's not Camp Randall good" -Sportswriter Jeff Korbelik, Lincoln Journal Star

ESPN's Scott Van Pelt declares Madison, Wisconsin "America's greatest college sports town"

http://nbcsports.msn...ootball/page/2/ Wisconsin #12 Gameday Experience

http://sportsillustr...10/top_ten0916/ Madison #1 College Sports Town (2003)

http://sportsillustr...t_weekends0916/ Wisconsin #9 Gameday Experience (2004)

http://www.nationalf...day-venues.html Wisconsin #8 Gameday Experience

http://sportsillustr...371/1/index.htm Wisconsin #2 Gameday Experience (2011)

http://www.huffingto...dison_Wisconsin Madison #7 College Football Town (2010)

http://www.budgettra...916.html?page=2 Madison #5 College Football Town

So yea, my point is that plenty of relatively neutral sources recognize the awesome time you can have in Madison and the great people with whom you can spend that time. If you didn't enjoy your trip there I kind of have to assume that you

1. Were an ass and were treated like I would expect any group of drunks to treat a disrespectful visitor.

or

2. You're harboring resentment because you lost.

As far as the gameday experience INSIDE the stadium, it was great so i cant argue with you there. As for your 2 bullsh#t points listed above, they are just that BS. I went with my wife. We were not drunk and we had no reason to be treated like we were (my wife was called a whore on a few occasions) We NEVER said anything in return or to provoke it. There were a few nice people and luckily we sat next to some good people, but outside the stadium was terrible.

I really cant believe you would list the two reasons you did and thats pretty disappointing, your reasoning is that of a 12 year old child. I always respected you more then that, and for you to say that we are saying this stuff because we lost is pretty sh**ty. You should be able to come up with something better to support your school then we beat you and your just mad. Their are alot of people on here basically saying the same thing. Even Tom Osborne got harrassed and called names, pretty pathetic. Maybe you should open your eyes, or atleast say ya we have alot of dbag fans but our gameday atmosphere is really cool, which is the way it is from and outsiders point of view. And you can keep your BS quotes they arent going to treat Kirk the same way they treat a visiting fan, think about what your saying for a second.