Big Ten's best recruits by position

NUance

and yet you still couldnt win the rose bowl

That's cold...I just want to make it there, been too long for a BCS bowl.

I really hate Wisconsin, worse then Colorado, refuse to give them any recognition. Well see who makes more BCS bowls this decade. I put money on us even with them having a 2-0 lead. I will be shocked if they make it back in the next 8 years. Well start with 2010 and go til 2019 just to be fair.

post-10281-0-97050200-1329776151.gif

Your kidding me with this right? Its not like its OSU or Alabama, its freaking Wisconsin. Obviously we havent done much lately but seriously, Wisconsin has done about as well as they ever will, winning the Big10. They blew their best chance with a hired QB, they had the schedule and the team to make it to the NC this year and they blew it. Now they lose alot and 5 coaches. Well see how they rebound.

Your kidding me with this right? Its not like its OSU or Alabama, its freaking Wisconsin1. Obviously we havent done much lately but seriously, Wisconsin has done about as well as they ever will, winning the Big102. They blew their best chance with a hired QB3, they had the schedule and the team to make it to the NC this year and they blew it. Now they lose alot and 5 coaches. Well see how they rebound.

1. Nebraska fans, given the state of your program in the last decade or so, aren't really in a position to talk down to fans of other programs. College Football is a dynamic sport, teams rise and fall especially in our league. Wave your NC's around but they don't mean near as much as you'd like, just ask Minnesota and Illinois who both have just as many, and in Minnesota's case more, Championships than Nebraska.

2. This past year wasn't our high point. We've been here for a while, the last 20 years really; Five Conference Championships, Five Rose Bowls and a Heisman Trophy.

3. I've been through this crap more than enough times with posters here. Prove he was hired or payed. You can't and you just end up sounding like a sore whiney loser, which by the way, I think you definitely are considering this.

I've got to think that plays in to your posts here...lets look at what you said:

Wouldnt have much of an offense without the threat of Russell

We jump ahead 14 nothing before they know what hit them.

Defense will be dominate. We shut up the crowd early and run away with the game shocking the nation... we win the game comfortably.

NU 48 UW 27 is my official score prediction

So come off it man. I don't care that you don't like us but at least pay respect where its due.

Your kidding me with this right? Its not like its OSU or Alabama, its freaking Wisconsin1. Obviously we havent done much lately but seriously, Wisconsin has done about as well as they ever will, winning the Big102. They blew their best chance with a hired QB3, they had the schedule and the team to make it to the NC this year and they blew it. Now they lose alot and 5 coaches. Well see how they rebound.

1. Nebraska fans, given the state of your program in the last decade or so, aren't really in a position to talk down to fans of other programs. College Football is a dynamic sport, teams rise and fall especially in our league. Wave your NC's around but they don't mean near as much as you'd like, just ask Minnesota and Illinois who both have just as many, and in Minnesota's case more, Championships than Nebraska.

2. This past year wasn't our high point. We've been here for a while, the last 20 years really; Five Conference Championships, Five Rose Bowls and a Heisman Trophy.

3. I've been through this crap more than enough times with posters here. Prove he was hired or payed. You can't and you just end up sounding like a sore whiney loser, which by the way, I think you definitely are considering this.

I've got to think that plays in to your posts here...lets look at what you said:

Wouldnt have much of an offense without the threat of Russell

We jump ahead 14 nothing before they know what hit them.

Defense will be dominate. We shut up the crowd early and run away with the game shocking the nation... we win the game comfortably.

NU 48 UW 27 is my official score prediction

So come off it man. I don't care that you don't like us but at least pay respect where its due.

Disclaimer: The views expressed are those of Huskerfowler and are not necessarily those of huskernation.

You kind of grouped us all together...

Your kidding me with this right? Its not like its OSU or Alabama, its freaking Wisconsin. Obviously we havent done much lately but seriously, Wisconsin has done about as well as they ever will, winning the Big10. They blew their best chance with a hired QB, they had the schedule and the team to make it to the NC this year and they blew it. Now they lose alot and 5 coaches. Well see how they rebound.

U mad bro?

I agree with Bucky. You need to chill out and respect what they've done the last few years. We all know what happened up in Madison.

Go easy on the Haterade, bro.

So let me get this straight, if you guys won the NC next year, in 15 years it basically means nothing? So what's the point of playing then? I agree that championships that occurred more than 40 years ago lose some meaning particularly when your program is currently a joke, but come on. Comparing us to Minnesota and Illinois is weak sauce.

So you haven't won the Rose Bowl since 1999, which was the same year we won our last BCS game as well. Only we were playing the 6th ranked team in the Fiesta Bowl and you were playing the 22nd ranked team in Stanford who didn't even finish the season ranked. So congratulations on that. Regarding the conference championships, I guess you have that on us this decade so congrats. But keep in mind that we all but one it in 2009 and unfortunately got boned by the refs in that game on a few key plays long before the :01 was put back on the clock. Going through Texas and OU every year is pretty comparable to going through Ohio State x 2. Our defense in 2011 was the worst we've had since 2008 and we had a new offensive coordinator last year. We'll be just fine.

So let me get this straight, if you guys won the NC next year, in 15 years it basically means nothing? So what's the point of playing then? I agree that championships that occurred more than 40 years ago lose some meaning particularly when your program is currently a joke, but come on. Comparing us to Minnesota and Illinois is weak sauce.

So you haven't won the Rose Bowl since 1999, which was the same year we won our last BCS game as well. Only we were playing the 6th ranked team in the Fiesta Bowl and you were playing the 22nd ranked team in Stanford who didn't even finish the season ranked. So congratulations on that. Regarding the conference championships, I guess you have that on us this decade so congrats. But keep in mind that we all but one it in 2009 and unfortunately got boned by the refs in that game on a few key plays long before the :01 was put back on the clock. Going through Texas and OU every year is pretty comparable to going through Ohio State x 2. Our defense in 2011 was the worst we've had since 2008 and we had a new offensive coordinator last year. We'll be just fine.

1.When the kids you're recruiting have no memory of that National Championship game...yes it means much less than you'd like. When the money you earned from the win and merchandising was spent more than a decade ago, yep it means less. I wasn't directly comparing NU to Minnesota as if to say they're the same but more to say that we should all be happy with our success for we can soon fall to those depths, because college football is prone to change.

2. I don't understand why you're comparing NU to UW on this point. The issue was whether or not Wisconsin was peaking and if it was all down hill from here so I'm not sure what Nebraska has to do with that. My point and Fowler's statement revolved around that issue.

Your post is almost like talking about a cancer patient who's very sick, "Is he the sickest he's ever been?"...Beanman - "No because the other guy down the hall is much sicker." Well that's nice but it has nothing to do with anything.

Also, Barry is a Cheesehead and he is and will always be family. Wisconsin gets my full respect and unless they're playing us I'm hoping they rack up the Ws.

This. Also, I would much rather see Wisc. Playing in the B1G Champ. game and winning than any of the others.Except of coarse us.

All this talk of Wisconsin, ehhh. The cheeseheads are falling back to earth this year. Hard. The loss of several key players is gonna hurt. That and the pain of losing a big chunk of their coaching staff. So now we get to see what the Badjerks program is made of. Whether they can hang tight for a couple years and rebound. Or fall back to the middle of the B1G pack. And go back to being tOSU and Meechicken's bitch every fall.