Big Ten's best recruits by position

NUance

1. Nebraska fans, given the state of your program in the last decade or so, aren't really in a position to talk down to fans of other programs. College Football is a dynamic sport, teams rise and fall especially in our league. Wave your NC's around but they don't mean near as much as you'd like, just ask Minnesota and Illinois who both have just as many, and in Minnesota's case more, Championships than Nebraska.

So let me get this straight, if you guys won the NC next year, in 15 years it basically means nothing? So what's the point of playing then? I agree that championships that occurred more than 40 years ago lose some meaning particularly when your program is currently a joke, but come on. Comparing us to Minnesota and Illinois is weak sauce.

2. This past year wasn't our high point. We've been here for a while, the last 20 years really; Five Conference Championships, Five Rose Bowls and a Heisman Trophy.

So you haven't won the Rose Bowl since 1999, which was the same year we won our last BCS game as well. Only we were playing the 6th ranked team in the Fiesta Bowl and you were playing the 22nd ranked team in Stanford who didn't even finish the season ranked. So congratulations on that. Regarding the conference championships, I guess you have that on us this decade so congrats. But keep in mind that we all but one it in 2009 and unfortunately got boned by the refs in that game on a few key plays long before the :01 was put back on the clock. Going through Texas and OU every year is pretty comparable to going through Ohio State x 2. Our defense in 2011 was the worst we've had since 2008 and we had a new offensive coordinator last year. We'll be just fine.

Well considering Wisconsin has won the B1G two years in a row now, I think they probably have bragging rights over us, especially considering that beat-down that occurred in Madison about 5 months ago now. We will see what happens in 2012, but as of right now, I don't know how you discount the things that Wisconsin has done in any way.

Wisconsin is not gonna change any time soon. They have had the same system in place for years and have churned out good teams because of it. They always have an OL that is among the best in the nation and benefit from it greatly. I don't think things will change all that much with them, even with the new assistants. They might slip alittle but not to the depths of mediocrity.

Much like if NU didn't try to go all WCO on ppl and be something it was not. Wisconsin has been wise not to do the same, because they'd be in a similar state if did.

I still say WCO coulda worked if we had a decent D! Just sayin

Yes it would've, but the time and pain it took to transition to it set our program back a few steps.