The Religious Discussion of 2012

But what, really, is a turtle?

Mythological creature with the claws of a bear, body of a reptile, beak of a hawk and shell of a conch. You can always tell when an animal is made up because they borrow parts from other animals to create a new one.

Except that already happens in real life.

platypus_662_600x450.jpg

Whoever you got to photoshop this thing together made a mistake - that's clearly a duck's bill. Next you'll probably insist it's venomous and lays eggs (like a snake and a chicken). I am so on to you, X.

March is just a week away...can't wait for this thread to end!

Can't wait to see what's in store for The Religion Discussion of March, 2012. Hopefully we get to the bottom of why religious folk tend to deny evolution.

I believe in evolution of a species you can see that. I don't believe that a species can turn into another one. When are dolphins going to start to talk and evolve into a different species and walk on land? eyeswear2allthatsholy

But what, really, is a turtle?

Mythological creature with the claws of a bear, body of a reptile, beak of a hawk and shell of a conch. You can always tell when an animal is made up because they borrow parts from other animals to create a new one.

Except that already happens in real life.

platypus_662_600x450.jpg

Whoever you got to photoshop this thing together made a mistake - that's clearly a duck's bill. Next you'll probably insist it's venomous and lays eggs (like a snake and a chicken). I am so on to you, X.

And a mammal that lays eggs- no way in h*!! that thing actually exists!! I have heard an urban legend about something called a duck billed platypus but I have never beleived it, sounds like Santa Claus and the Easter bunny to me!! :ahhhhhhhh

Can't wait to see what's in store for The Religion Discussion of March, 2012. Hopefully we get to the bottom of why religious folk tend to deny evolution.

I believe in evolution of a species you can see that. I don't believe that a species can turn into another one. When are dolphins going to start to talk and evolve into a different species and walk on land? eyeswear2allthatsholy

Evolution doesn't have a determined outcome.

You're using a myth about evolution...evolution does not, does NOT work towards optimality.

That's an interesting example since dolphins evolved from a species that DID walk on land. Are you waiting for them to evolve back?

evolution.jpg

• Fire 1

That's an interesting example since dolphins evolved from a species that DID walk on land. Are you waiting for them to evolve back?

evolution.jpg

Or start talking?!? And they evolved from one species, this doesn't show it becoming two distinct speicies like man and ape. chuckleshuffle

evolution.jpg

Or start talking?!? And they evolved from one species, this doesn't show it becoming two distinct speicies like man and ape. chuckleshuffle

What? I still think that you're trolling. No one can intentionally make these arguments, can they?

At least you admitted that you believe in evolution.

evolution.jpg

What? Humans are apes. The great apes. Chimps, bonobos, gorillas, humans, and orangutans.

evolution.jpg

What? I still think that you're trolling. No one can intentionally make these arguments, can they?

At least you admitted that you believe in evolution.

Look, evolution exists, you can see a species evolve. But come to me when science has found the missing link!! :huh: