Belichik headlines Nebraska coaches clinic

Nexus

Three-time Super Bowl winning head coach Bill Belichick will be the headline speaker at the 2012 Nebraska Spring Football Coaches Clinic. Belichick just completed his 12th season as head coach with New England, guiding the Patriots to the AFC Championship and a Super Bowl appearance for the fifth time in the past 11 seasons.

The annual coaches' clinic will also feature expanded time with the Nebraska coaching staff and a number of championship prep coaches. The three-day event will take place from March 8-10 in Lincoln, and registration is now open to coaches by visiting bigredfootballschool.com or Huskers.com.

The event has moved to the start of spring practice in 2012 and will give the attendees exclusive sessions with the Nebraska staff on both the first and second day of the event. Those at the clinic will also have the opportunity to watch the first practice of the spring as the Huskers install the basics of their offensive and defensive schemes. The event also coincides with the Nebraska boys' high school basketball tournament, a time when many high school coaches are already visiting Lincoln.

Continue Reading

Wonder if Belichick and Bo have any history?

I believe they do, but I can't track it down in 30 seconds or less. Belichick was an assistant at New England from like 96-97, and Bo was an assistant there from 97-99, and then Bo left when Belichick took over for good in 1999.

Someone with more knowledge or time will have to figure out if they coached together somewhere. I want to say they did, but I can't recall.

The NFL network did a special a while back about coach Belichick. It was an awesome piece of work. A lot of people would view him as a strictly x's and o's type of guy, which he is an extremely talented coach in that aspect. What I found more interesting though was his promotion of camaraderie. He specifically points out a play in a game were a linebacker makes a play, get's up to celebrate and nobody else even bother to slap the man on the head and say "hell yeah brother, great play!". Not a single teammate celebrated his play other than the player himself? Belichick in my opinion is far deeper than x's and o's. He gets it. He knows that it takes more than just talent. It takes another level of motivation. You've got to love and respect one another. You've got to know that the man beside you has earned his spot the same as you did. You both deserve each other's respect and love as brothers. Both after the same goal. If you don't have that, who gives a sh#t how talented you are. It might be something a lot of people look past, and even in the film it's not something that's brough into the forefront. It's there though, and probably more often than the film decided to show. I think brotherhood and team chemistry can bring teams to a level they normally could not accomplish with talent alone. I hope this is something coach Belichick is able to convey to these players because personally it looks like something that has been lacking on this team. Just my opinion.

• Fire 1

The NFL network did a special a while back about coach Belichick. It was an awesome piece of work. A lot of people would view him as a strictly x's and o's type of guy, which he is an extremely talented coach in that aspect. What I found more interesting though was his promotion of camaraderie. He specifically points out a play in a game were a linebacker makes a play, get's up to celebrate and nobody else even bother to slap the man on the head and say "hell yeah brother, great play!". Not a single teammate celebrated his play other than the player himself? Belichick in my opinion is far deeper than x's and o's. He gets it. He knows that it takes more than just talent. It takes another level of motivation. You've got to love and respect one another. You've got to know that the man beside you has earned his spot the same as you did. You both deserve each other's respect and love as brothers. Both after the same goal. If you don't have that, who gives a sh#t how talented you are. It might be something a lot of people look past, and even in the film it's not something that's brough into the forefront. It's there though, and probably more often than the film decided to show. I think brotherhood and team chemistry can bring teams to a level they normally could not accomplish with talent alone. I hope this is something coach Belichick is able to convey to these players because personally it looks like something that has been lacking on this team. Just my opinion.

Brotherhood and cohesiveness in the locker room seems to be something that Bo enforces and does very well at also. I agree, it is definitely an important thing... Maybe more important than the x's and o's. Which is why I'm optimistic about the football team with Bo as the head coach.

I believe they do, but I can't track it down in 30 seconds or less. Belichick was an assistant at New England from like 96-97, and Bo was an assistant there from 97-99, and then Bo left when Belichick took over for good in 1999.

Someone with more knowledge or time will have to figure out if they coached together somewhere. I want to say they did, but I can't recall.

From a quick wikipedia search, Bo was at New England from 97-99 which is when Belichick was at the Jets, but they may have crossed paths when Belichick was at New England in 1996 before he left for New York.

From a quick wikipedia search, Bo was at New England from 97-99 which is when Belichick was at the Jets, but they may have crossed paths when Belichick was at New England in 1996 before he left for New York.

It's likely someone else on New England's staff. Or it could be Woodhead :)

Defense, that would be it I hope

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the other threads but apparently Rich Fisher is the reason why Bill Belichik is coming to speak at Nebraska, according to LJS. He coached Belichik's son (Stephen) at The Rivers High School (same school as Husker WR Taariq Allen). Stephen is a walk-on Long Snapper at Rutgers.

At least we know one person Fisher has on speed dial. ;)