How long do you give Cally now?

How much longer?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you one of these "if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops" type of people? I love NU, always have and always will. I will never apologize for high expectations, nor will I lower them. I supported Lord and I supported Dailey. I support all of the players that are on the field. It is how they are being used, coached and prepaired that I question. I think criticism lets coaches and players know how important NU football is to Husker Nation, and that we will not take losing lightly. They ALL new the high expectations coming into their positions and should have been prepaired to receive some scrutiny. It comes with the territory. If they do wish to be in the spotlight, they should get off the stage.

I am not one of those people. Yet, I must say that I do not consider Callahan to be anything but a soldier. Unlike Bush, Callahan is actually there trying to help our team win. I can not and will not believe that Callahan is so incompetent that he cannot make a football team win. Yes our offense was horrid, yes our defense was horrid. I blame Callahan for looking ahead of Kansas. It was an expected win. I mean, we've done it for 37 years! That was Callahan's problem. I do not think by firing him, nor by calling for his resignation we will solve anything. Same with Bush. I do not support the war, but I'm not talking about the war. I am talking about standing by the person in charge of seeing that we come out of this alive. Both Bush and Callahan aren't doing a great job at this, yet Browbeating either of them isn't going to help. We all realize there are problems. We all want to win. But, we can't always win. There comes a time for everything to come to an end. Or at least a lull. Frantically trying to amend the situation with "quick-fixes" will never solve anything. Not in Iraq, and not on the football field. Support the small changes, try to find the specific problems that our team has, and discuss those. But overarching "fire Callahan" lingo will only cause animosity within the fan base. Try to find a more susinct group of changes before you support the scrapping of an entire system. God Bless. GO HUSKERS!!!

4 years minumum from the time he started unless he is caught %$#@ing barnyard animals.

Agreed. Even the people who I was with this weekend (who really don't like Callahan), well the people who don't get caught up in hype and have an idea on how a great team needs to be put together, say that any coach who started last year needs at least 4-5 years.

I agree with what you are saying in your original post. It's thankless, what-have-you-done-for-me-lately job. You can have it. :thumbs

Both Bush and Callahan aren't doing a great job at this, yet Browbeating either of them isn't going to help. We all realize there are problems. We all want to win. But, we can't always win. There comes a time for everything to come to an end. Or at least a lull. Frantically trying to amend the situation with "quick-fixes" will never solve anything. Not in Iraq, and not on the football field. Support the small changes, try to find the specific problems that our team has, and discuss those. But overarching "fire Callahan" lingo will only cause animosity within the fan base. Try to find a more susinct group of changes before you support the scrapping of an entire system. God Bless. GO HUSKERS!!!

I honestly never meant to start a political debate. Especially over the ineptness of Bush (Where to begin, and would take to much time).

I never expected a quick fix, but I did not expect 40-15 either. How does the 109th ranked offense score 40 on NU or anyone? IMO, NU has been one of the poorest prepaired teams for games this season, and from what I have heard MANY agree with me (not just NU fans either). I am not expectiong to win every game (I said this in the last post), but how many games must we watch the chosen NU schemes completely fail. It is not necessarily how the players are playing, but simply the wrong scheme for any given formation. Like I said before POOR game planning.

I think i just pooped my pants laughing so hard at some of the most idiotic statements i have ever read on a message board.

Some people take football way to seriously and need to get a hobby. Another solution would be seek professional help ASAP. Some of the stuff you people type is just flat out disturbing and the fact you are actually typing it is even scarier knowing you actually believe it

I think i just pooped my pants laughing so hard at some of the most idiotic statements i have ever read on a message board.

Some people take football way to seriously and need to get a hobby. Another solution would be seek professional help ASAP. Some of the stuff you people type is just flat out disturbing and the fact you are actually typing it is even scarier knowing you actually believe it

What's even more disturbing is the fact that you don't think it's a coaches job to motivate players. Ask any legendary coach whether or not he thought it was his job to motivate his players and listen to the responses.

Some of the most legendary coaches out there were studied psychology in college. It prepared them so they could "get into the head" of their players and get the best possible play from them (TO, Jimmy J., etc.).

It's common knowledge Bob Stoops won with Blake's recruits, but the real question is how did he take them from losers to winners? He even said the morale was extremely low when he got there. It's the coaches responsibility to change that and make the players play to their best potential. If you really think our players played to their best potential last Saturday, then God help you!!!!!!

Funny, thats how I feel after I read any one of your posts :dumdum

Both Bush and Callahan aren't doing a great job at this, yet Browbeating either of them isn't going to help. We all realize there are problems. We all want to win. But, we can't always win. There comes a time for everything to come to an end. Or at least a lull. Frantically trying to amend the situation with "quick-fixes" will never solve anything. Not in Iraq, and not on the football field. Support the small changes, try to find the specific problems that our team has, and discuss those. But overarching "fire Callahan" lingo will only cause animosity within the fan base. Try to find a more susinct group of changes before you support the scrapping of an entire system. God Bless. GO HUSKERS!!!

I honestly never meant to start a political debate. Especially over the ineptness of Bush (Where to begin, and would take to much time).

I never expected a quick fix, but I did not expect 40-15 either. How does the 109th ranked offense score 40 on NU or anyone? IMO, NU has been one of the poorest prepaired teams for games this season, and from what I have heard MANY agree with me (not just NU fans either). I am not expectiong to win every game (I said this in the last post), but how many games must we watch the chosen NU schemes completely fail. It is not necessarily how the players are playing, but simply the wrong scheme for any given formation. Like I said before POOR game planning.

Wasn't trying to start one either. Yet you mentioned it, and I found it to be an effective metaphor. No they are not the same. But there are similarities. The bottom line is not giving up and leting tempers flare when there is no point. There might be one when it involves true deaths, but not when it's a football game. All your doing is making the players feel worse about something they already feel bad about.