Huskers vs Gophers..

I doubt there is much interest in this game, let alone a thread concerning it........but Nebraska is playing to stay out of last place........(wow, hard to have to even write that)

A piece in the Journal this morning mentioned that Doc was going to have his team skip the game-day shoot-around and normally that might have elicited a sarcastic remark about how we don't need it because we have proven to be such prolific scorers.

But, the piece mentioned that our time was scheduled by Minnesota to be at 5:30 a.m. .....so it begs a question about ethics. Since the home team has total control of facility availability, is there any recourse for visiting teams if they are given untenable practice times? Or is it simply a "take it or leave it" option where everyone assumes a good faith effort and future reciprocity?

Fighting to stay out of last place.... As much as I and most of us with realistic expectations thought this would be the case, it still sux !!!!

I will guarantee you that at some point in time, I will be changing the tv back and forth to NETV to watch high school GIRLS State BB..... Yes, I said GIRLS BB (which I may say is the most boring.....and yes, I have a daughter who plays)...... but, not so sure that you won't see better BB...... or at least more INSPIRED BB than our men will and have been giving.

But, the piece mentioned that our time was scheduled by Minnesota to be at 5:30 a.m. .....so it begs a question about ethics. Since the home team has total control of facility availability, is there any recourse for visiting teams if they are given untenable practice times? Or is it simply a "take it or leave it" option where everyone assumes a good faith effort and future reciprocity?

For a practice time?

Sounds like the Minnesota I know...douches.

Fighting to stay out of last place.... As much as I and most of us with realistic expectations thought this would be the case, it still sux !!!!

I will guarantee you that at some point in time, I will be changing the tv back and forth to NETV to watch high school GIRLS State BB..... Yes, I said GIRLS BB (which I may say is the most boring.....and yes, I have a daughter who plays)...... but, not so sure that you won't see better BB...... or at least more INSPIRED BB than our men will and have been giving.

Even if your daughter wasn't playing...you'd still see more scoring than you would from Nebraska.

Good luck to your daughter, by the way.

Even if your daughter wasn't playing...you'd still see more scoring than you would from Nebraska.

To your remark about the scoring....you are correct..... 249th in the country in fg %...... is that good ?? (ha)

Funniest thing all day so far is when BTN announcers said something to the effect.... "The Nebraska offense has kind of gone cold during the last handful of MINUTES..... hell, when he stated the last word with an "M", I was sure he was going to say "months"

** Thanks for the "good luck".... but just to clarify... she isn't playing in the State finals... I was just saying that HS girls BB might be one of the hardest things to watch... and that before I got attacked by parents or young women, I wanted to state that I have a daughter, and she plays on a very good team, and it is still hard to watch (ha)

To your remark about the scoring....you are correct..... 249th in the country in fg %...... is that good ?? (ha)

Funniest thing all day so far is when BTN announcers said something to the effect.... "The Nebraska offense has kind of gone cold during the last handful of MINUTES..... hell, when he stated the last word with an "M", I was sure he was going to say "months"

** Thanks for the "good luck".... but just to clarify... she isn't playing in the State finals... I was just saying that HS girls BB might be one of the hardest things to watch... and that before I got attacked by parents or young women, I wanted to state that I have a daughter, and she plays on a very good team, and it is still hard to watch (ha)

Ahh ok, gotcha. Yeah, know what you mean, but I still would rather watch girls state basketball or the Husker women than ever think about watching the WNBA.

Ahh ok, gotcha. Yeah, know what you mean, but I still would rather watch girls state basketball or the Husker women than ever think about watching the WNBA.

Oh, absolutely..... but then again, I would rather watch HS boys and definitely NCAA mens instead of NBA... I am not a fan of professional BB....but that is just my opinion