Why does Nickelback suck so bad?

I enjoy pretty much all nickleback songs. damn catchy and fun songs.

now as for the reason that people hate nickleback, its really pretty simple, CHICKS DIG NICKLEBACK! Dudes (whom are insecure with their manhood) dont like things that chicks like and there are countless exapmples throughout history and in the present: the beetles, ryan gosling, john cena, bieber, and countless others!

seriously, thats what it is. its psychological and its that simple.

Actually people hate him because he kept the title for 3 straight years and can't wrestle. He would be losing the whole match, do the five moves of doom and win. Thats why people hate Cena.

I'll admit - I first heard of Nickelback from people who hated them. Before I'd ever heard any of their songs I read comments about them on forums, had friends talk about how bad they were, heard it on the radio, etc. But then later I heard a few of their songs and liked them. They were catchy and I liked the lead singer's voice.

But the shelf-life of these songs seems short. For whatever reason, after a few listens, every one of their songs started to grate on my nerves. After a while I found I couldn't stand them, and I didn't know why. Finally I had to remove them from my mp3 player entirely.

So I ask - what is it about Nickelback that seems to draw such universal dislike? And what is it that keeps them in the limelight, selling albums like crazy, despite so much dislike?

I kind of like Nickleback. What I mean is that I have never owned any of their CD's and I don't even own an MP3. So I've never been burned out either. I think the biggest problem with Nickleback is that once you hear one of their songs you've heard them all. All their songs are basically copies of each other. That being said I do like Rockstar, Figured You Out, Savin' Me and How You Remind Me.

Changing and/or evolving sounds for a band tends to be a damned if you do damned if you don't. Other than AC/DC, and really Nickleback, bands don't have success making what amounts to the same album over and over. Critics hate Nickleback, but as long as they are packing arenas and selling millions of albums, that is success.

Some bands change up the sound a bit and get killed, other can change it up and be more successful. But for the most part, being stagnant in a band's sound tends to end careers.

Metallica got killed for changing things up for the Black Album and Load and reLoad, but I found those all to be very good albums. And the Black Album is one of the top selling albums ever.

Avenged Sevenfold was an unknown until they changed things up a bit and cleaned up the vocals, and big success followed.

Distrubed sounds almost like a different band now than off thier first CD The Sickness. Thier evolution has certainly helped them sell more CDs.

Metallica got killed, for changing to crap. Load, Reload are horrific albums. The Black Album and Bob Rock were the death knell for that band. Had Cliff Burton not died, the Black Album would have never been made

Load and Reload are solid albums that display a level of maturity and growth from guys who have been in the metal music business for quite a while. St. Anger is complete crap. I hate St. Anger because it is essentially songs that are 7-8 minutes long and all they do is repeat the chorus about 100x. I have no opinion on Death Magnetic because I haven't really listened to it at all.

Metallica got killed, for changing to crap. Load, Reload are horrific albums. The Black Album and Bob Rock were the death knell for that band. Had Cliff Burton not died, the Black Album would have never been made

Load and Reload are solid albums that display a level of maturity and growth from guys who have been in the metal music business for quite a while. St. Anger is complete crap. I hate St. Anger because it is essentially songs that are 7-8 minutes long and all they do is repeat the chorus about 100x. I have no opinion on Death Magnetic because I haven't really listened to it at all.

Listen to Load, from front to back. Then listen to Justice, from front to back. Even with the fact that they overdubbed Justice like a half dozen times, Justice is clearly superior to anything that followed. Bob Rock was the Yoko Ono for Metallica.

Why would anyone pay money to see a band they hate? If this is a festival with multiple bands then go buy a beer or six, visit the porta potty, or call a friend while the band you hate is on stage.

Only reason I saw them, the girl I was dating at the time liked them. Thankfully, Jerry Cantrell was opening for them, which made the pain more bearable. Not too mention, Jerry Cantrell was INFINITELY better than Nickelcrap

Why would anyone pay money to see a band they hate? If this is a festival with multiple bands then go buy a beer or six, visit the porta potty, or call a friend while the band you hate is on stage.

If you're referring to the video, it was a festival with several bands - Nickelback wasn't the headliner, and those people had been waiting for someone else. It was also a metal festival, so they weren't really in their element. Still hilarious, though.

• 1 month later...

They care about one thing and one thing only: Money... there songs are catchy with no meaning, and are meant to get radio play and are towards teenagers who dont know why music is important... Music is meant to move you and there music is only a catchy beat with some words that connect with them but have zero emotional connection....

That is the reason you dont love them... they're song has no meaning.

I dont hate nickelback like many.. i just dont respect them. One of my favorite bands: Shinedown is slowly getting to that level but they opened for them last year and so i went to the show.. nickelback puts on a good show .

They care about one thing and one thing only: Money... there songs are catchy with no meaning, and are meant to get radio play and are towards teenagers who dont know why music is important... Music is meant to move you and there music is only a catchy beat with some words that connect with them but have zero emotional connection....

That is the reason you dont love them... they're song has no meaning.

I dont hate nickelback like many.. i just dont respect them. One of my favorite bands: Shinedown is slowly getting to that level but they opened for them last year and so i went to the show.. nickelback puts on a good show .

The song above doesn't move you? Savin' Me doesn't move you? If Everyone Cared doesn't move you? IMO you're wrong about the bolded part.

Doesn't this describe like 90% of the crap on the radio, though?