IF...the Doc era ends Thursday night

What did I enjoy most: knowing that the boys were up for one BIG upset each year.

What did I hate the most: watching all the a**kickin's wondering if this would be the upset...

Also, I enjoyed Cookie, Ade, and Andersen(sp?). I really wish that crew would have had better years. They were a fun group to root for.

I can honestly say I probably didn't follow the team close enough to give out those answers or at least things didn't leave that lasting of an impression because they are diluted by the number of games played a year and the fact that it wasn't ever the difference maker that got us to the NCAAs. I guess the thing I'll remember about Doc if he goes (I'll give him 30% that he stays) is that he became one of us. I never felt like we were sold a used card once with this guy. If anything he was probably too honest about his struggles and too willing to say "I don't have the answer." which eventually backfired on him a little.

There does seem to be a little traction growing that he might be here next year with a "Strickland or Lue" type of guy on the bench for a year that could lead to a change easier once TO retires in 2013.

Are you talking about Rod Stickland? The 4-DUI Rod Strickland?

and

Are you talking Tyronn Lue... .who's never coached anywhere?

You want one of these 2 to be the heir apparent?

To be fair to Lue, He's been on Doc Rivers coaching staff with the Celtics for the last two or three years. But I agree that I don't think he's ready to be a HC yet.

If you're Doc, why would you allow yourself to be forced to take on Strickland or Lue, knowing that they're just there to replace you? Especially after this happened with Mike Anderson, if I'm Doc and they try to force this on me I'm just staying home until they fire me and collecting my $40,000 a month contract.

IMO, there is NO way either happens. First of all, Lue can't be a HC because he has not completed his college degree. As for Strickland, you don't hire the guy that has been campaigning for months for your job, and T.O. wouldn't force that awkward situation.

Doc's gone. Watching T.O. at those last few games said it all. Not that he's one to ever show emotion even when things are going well, but he was disinterested in the game and spent most his time scoreboard watching, crowd watching, and bench watching. There is so much negativity around this program Tom knows he can't bring Doc back simply because it has become so toxic.

As for highlight of Doc's tenure, I really liked shutting down that bitch Beasley after he said he was gonna drop 50 and back-dooring K-State to death, that night was awesome. I also enjoyed that every night you knew you were going to see guys taking charges and hitting the floor after every loose ball. Until this year, that is....

If you're Doc, why would you allow yourself to be forced to take on Strickland or Lue, knowing that they're just there to replace you? Especially after this happened with Mike Anderson, if I'm Doc and they try to force this on me I'm just staying home until they fire me and collecting my $40,000 a month contract.

IMO, there is NO way either happens. First of all, Lue can't be a HC because he has not completed his college degree. As for Strickland, you don't hire the guy that has been campaigning for months for your job, and T.O. wouldn't force that awkward situation.

Doc's gone. Watching T.O. at those last few games said it all. Not that he's one to ever show emotion even when things are going well, but he was disinterested in the game and spent most his time scoreboard watching, crowd watching, and bench watching. There is so much negativity around this program Tom knows he can't bring Doc back simply because it has become so toxic.

As for highlight of Doc's tenure, I really liked shutting down that bitch Beasley after he said he was gonna drop 50 and back-dooring K-State to death, that night was awesome. I also enjoyed that every night you knew you were going to see guys taking charges and hitting the floor after every loose ball. Until this year, that is....

Shutting down Beasley IS a great memory, and to Doc's credit..........we shut down a number of studs throughout his tenure......including Blake Griffith..........

Unfortunately, the flip side of the coin is the number of "other" guys who had career nights against us...many 6th men and/or unsung role players who looked like All-Americans vs. us..

I especially recall a Kansas player (who later became a stud)....and can't recall his name right off the top of my head......who hit his first 3 of the year to beat us at the buzzer.....that was the game we hit 18 or 19 3's; scored almost 90; and still got beat..