What will change, hopefully change, or stay the same with the 2012 offense?

I just hope the team does this to the oppents and has no mercy on them. Then we will like ths scores on the scorebored. That is what is needed in change of the Husker nation attitude. Beat them down hard and win the game dominating!

that's a tough crew working at that mickey d's!

Just hope that is the way the Skers, treat their adversarys when they walk behind the counter is all. And when the Skers walk behind the counter they bring that mentallity also.

I watched that and all I can say is MAD PROPS to the Mickey D employee. I don't think anyone in customer service should have to take verbal abuse or taunts from any customer. In the case of this video the stupid wannabe tough guy customer starts shooting off his mouth, he attacked the Mickey D person first and he got what he deserved.

I watched that and all I can say is MAD PROPS to the Mickey D employee. I don't think anyone in customer service should have to take verbal abuse or taunts from any customer. In the case of this video the stupid wannabe tough guy customer starts shooting off his mouth, he attacked the Mickey D person first and he got what he deserved.

aah it is a chic. her name is myika darbeau. she goes by denis darbeau. That is her mothers name. This video is why I missed the northwestern game last year. I was helping the guy out,. I did catch the 4th quater though. The guy doing the beat down will be getting a reward within the next 24 months I imagine. the cops screwed him hard and the grand jury turned it all around on the 2 chics getting the mcwhoopin. Was in shock that a new york grand jury would turn it around. The guy doing the beating/mcsize ass kicking is a really sincere man. I have much respect for him. In fact he got mad at me the other day because i called them thuggettes and he corrected me quickly. He is a better man then I will ever be. but back on topic lets hope the Huskers have this kill mentallity next year. Also has anyone noticed tht the guy that killed the 16 in afghanistan kinda looks like

BO?

This is why you never eff with the people who make your food.

or come into your house! Yes I am talking to you Northwestern. why is it so hard to feel good about talking smack to northwestern? I actually feel bad about making that statement. Geuss I now know how other schools feel about talking smack about the mens bb team. you gain nothing out of it.

I'm talking about wrinkes off of our base offense. Cotton has been a starter at TE for three seasons I'm sure he could handle learning two or three plays from the FB spot. Would something like that actually work? I surely don't know but I do know one thing it'll absolutely never work if it is never tried. And even that detracts from the point which is to get more creativity into the offense whether we're talking about personnel groupings or play design. Imagine Kyler Reed lining up as a FB and then running a wheel route. Miami did that to us in the Rose Bowl years ago. They lined up Jermey Shockey as a FB, he ran a wheel route and the scored a TD. I'm not talking about deviating away from our base offense and going crazy with this. Just bring enough to the table each week to give the defense something extra to think about.

Ok, now that makes more sense. Your original post sounded like you wanted the A-11 offense... and I was going to tell you to put down the crackpipe. :P

The "A-11" offense. :dumdum

Multiple means being able to run every play 4 or 5 different ways nothing more. Nebraska under Tom Osborne was multiple because when he ran an Iso play it could be blocked 4, 5 or even 6 different ways. It was this approach that always kept opposing teams guessing what was coming next despite not throwing the ball much. Defenses key in on blocking schemes and use that to quickly diagnose the play. But if you can run a play and block it 4 or 5 different ways then it becomes much harder to key into. That's what Bo means when he says multiple.

I remember watching the replays of the '97 OB on the B1G network last season and being amazed at how many different formations and plays TO called. I forgot how different the offense looked then as compqred to '92. TO even had a version of the diamond, I think watching how he would have continually evolved the offense would have been fun to watch. Looking back at this past season, Beck seemed to call similar stuff.

Multiple means being able to run every play 4 or 5 different ways nothing more. Nebraska under Tom Osborne was multiple because when he ran an Iso play it could be blocked 4, 5 or even 6 different ways. It was this approach that always kept opposing teams guessing what was coming next despite not throwing the ball much. Defenses key in on blocking schemes and use that to quickly diagnose the play. But if you can run a play and block it 4 or 5 different ways then it becomes much harder to key into. That's what Bo means when he says multiple.

I remember watching the replays of the '97 OB on the B1G network last season and being amazed at how many different formations and plays TO called. I forgot how different the offense looked then as compqred to '92. TO even had a version of the diamond, I think watching how he would have continually evolved the offense would have been fun to watch. Looking back at this past season, Beck seemed to call similar stuff.

TO didn't have a version of the diamond, he ran the flexbone which is what current Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson uses.

• 1 month later...

A major offensive strategy that wasn't utilized last year nearly enough is misdirection plays!! I can't count how many times last year the D's we faced keyed in on our offense and basically shut us down after the first quarter of play. The D's adjusted and we wouldn't and it was painful to watch! That's why we had alot of success early in games just to lose it all appraoching halftime or in the second half of games. I remember the glory days when we'd see Tommy Frazier take the snap, roll out to his right (or left) and draw the D the way he was heading, and meanwhile Lawrence Phillips would quietly slip left and Frazier would suddenly turn around the throw the ball to Phillips across the field back left and Phillips would have wide open field to run with! It worked in the N.C. game for a TD and was so effective, but Osborne was the master at adjusting in game and whether or not Beck can do some ofr the same things is unknown?

I'd like to point out that Beck does indeed do this kind of stuff.

He has quite a few packages that are designed to force the opponent to commit to a look and then go the other way once they do. The diamond formation is an example of that. There was also a package where we had 3 receivers, a TE, 2x2 and the slot receiver would come in motion for either a double option playside, a trap to burkhead, a counter option backside, an option pass playside, a counter option pass, a toss play to the slot, a toss play to the slot with a pass option. I noticed this package during a rewatch of the ohio state game, where the diamond was so effective.

The offense really doesn't have to improve that much to be a lot more productive. TM needs to complete 62-64% of his passes that is really only about 3 more a game if his attempts stay the same. We need better ball security and better redzone efficiency. We settle for too many FG tries. Cut down on penalties. Five a game is the max. Penalties are drive killers. Three to 4 less offensive penalties a game kills 3-4 less drives a game. We need better production out of the Punt return game. Our returners had no room to return things so that resulted in a lot of lousy start points. The thing that really needs to improve though is the defense. :ahhhhhhhh

I honestly feel pretty good about that side of the ball, especially at the skill positions. We all know what Rex brings, and we've got some high level talent at the WR positions, who have a little variability in what they bring. Kenny Bell was huge last year. He could end up being one the better WR's we've ever had, when all is said and done. Enunwa is a viciously physical WR who brings a little venom to the position. I see him primarily as a possession receiver guy, a chain mover who uses his strength to get the separation on an eight yard out to get the first, but, at the same time, he's had some homerun TD's. Reed is another huge weapon. If Jamal Turner can get things straightened out, he can be a guy that does serious damage. He's one the better pure athletes we've had in awhile. And Abdullah flashed at times last year, but he does need to work on ball security a little bit. I personally feel like Martinez really developed last year. I know he wasn't as mobile as he was during his freshman campaign, which, frankly, is his biggest asset. That might have been by design, though. He clearly was intentionally trying to avoid direct contact last year, and that may have been a reflection on the staff's confidence in the backup situation last year more than anything else. I feel good about Taylor, honestly. I think there was tangible evidence of maturation, and coming into his junior season as a third year starter, I have confidence that his progression will continue.

At the end of the day, though, the line play will dictate our level of success. That never changes.

This drive is a good example of what we can do when we're hitting on all cylinders. Kinda cringe at the Green touch, though.