"We just need more talent..."

i want to see the examples WENT IT DIDN'T WORK..it happens this way everytime? i am not buying it.....

hunter

Not sure what it is you are looking for. There are examples of teams who have never recovered from back to back losing seasons, but those are usually WAC, MAC, Sun Belt conference teams.

The ONLY true powerhouse team i can think of that never recovered from losing seasons for a while was Oklahoma under John Blake from 1996-1998 when he went 3-8, 4-8, 5-6 and then got fired. But then again, Oklahoma was coming off a probation period, so i don't know how much that counts.

i want to see the examples WENT IT DIDN'T WORK..it happens this way everytime? i am not buying it.....

hunter

Here's one

School Year Record

NU 2003 10-3

NU 2004 5-6

NU 2005 5-6 or with God's help 6-5

NU 2006 More than likely same as above 2

I find it interesting Penn State pulled in the 32nd rated class, but have so many fresymen making an instant impact.

Why didn't Nameless use schools with similar situations like OU when Gibbs was there. Gibbs was brought in to make OU win even though they were on probation. Slowly but surely he was starting to get things done. Bring Blake in and the program collapses. Bring Stoops in, he revives the thing and wins the NC. Face it people, BC is our Blake!

Pitt is going to find out why forcing Walt Harris out was a bad idea as well when Stache runs that program into the dirt!

If we as Husker fans really want things to get better, we need to convince BC to hire Neuheisel as the offensive coordinator. That should spice things up!

Just wait until the year after next if you're wondering what Lucky can do behind USC's OL.  I think after this season, he's as good as gone!  I'll give you two guesses as to where he goes, and the first one doesn't count!

That's just STUPID. Why would he leave? Are we gonna in turn get all the transfers from Iowa and Tennessee? He would not do anything behind USC's line next year because he'd be sitting out.

One part at a time. He would leave because he was supposed to be a big time back. By running the ball for like 50 or 55 yards the last 3 games combined, this isn't going to get Mr. Lucky into the NFL. We probably won't get any transfers from Iowa or Tennessee, but we might get some from Midwest Lutheran College. Maybe you should try reading a little. The post said THE YEAR AFTER NEXT! I don't think that has anything to do with next year.

Considering out QB gets laid on his back more than Madonna, our OL couldn't block the special olympic team, our defense couldn't stop the 107th ranked offense in the country; I'd be asking myself why I wouldn't leave. BC has basically wasted a year of eligibility for Lucky, Jackson, Glenn, etc. What have they got to show for it? Not a damn thing. Put yourself in Lucky's shoes. If Pete Carroll called you after winning his 3rd title in a row which has never been done before asking you to come play for him, you would at least consider it especially if Bush is a top 3 draft pick? Carroll has a proven track record at USC. He's got kids into the pros.

Sure we have the talent where we should beat KU and probably Mizzou. But come one people if you think there is Top 10 team in the nation talent. Did any of you guys watch Miami last night? Please list one guy that starts for the Big Red that would see the field for the Canes. Or Va Tech for that matter. Do we have the talent to be better then 5-4? Yes. But we don't have the talent to win Championships. Isn't that what Nebraska football is about?

no one can guarantee this team wil be "totally different" next year......you just don't recover from 2 5-6 seasons (or close to it) and suddenly have everything go right.......if there is recovery, it will take at least 2 more years.....and that is IF the coaches learn anything in the interium as well! first order of business is getting the slugs off the offensive line and some athletes in place and some coaches that can teach blocking schemes.......big order!

I hate using other teams as examples, but when the occasion calls for it, i am forced to:

Alabama hired Mike Shula in 2003

2003 record: 4-9 (pulled in 15th ranked recruiting class)

2004 record: 6-6 (pulled in 18th ranked recruiting class)

2005 record: 9-0 (currently has 6th ranked recruiting class)

UCLA hired Karl Dorrell in 2003

2003 record: 6-7 (pulled in 34th ranked recruiting class)

2004 record: 6-6 (pulled in 26th ranked recruiting class)

2005 record: 8-1 (currently has 8th ranked recruiting class)

Penn St

2003 record: 3-9 (pulled in 14th ranked recruiting class)

2004 record: 4-7 (pulled in 25th ranked recruiting class)

2005 record: 9-1 (currently has 32nd ranked recruiting class)

owa Hired Kirk Ferents in 1999

1999 record: 1-10 (pulled in 59th ranked recruiting class)

2000 record: 3-9 (pulled in 60th ranked recruiting class)

2001 record: 7-5 (pulled in 51st ranked recruiting class)

2002 record: 11-2 (pulled in 43rd ranked recruiting class)

2003 record: 10-3 (pulled in 38th ranked recruiting class)

2004 record: 10-2 (pulled in 11th ranked recruiting class)

*took Ferentz 1 year longer because his recruiting classes were not that special

That's just a small sample of coaches who are given time to recruit and install their system. Some didn't have losing seasons their first 2 years (maybe their first or second) but eventually, with good recruiting and repetitive execution of the offense, the team eventually turns itself around.

Hopefully, for Callahan's sake, we will fall into the same trend the other teams have fallen into. But I say next year is THE year for him to prove himself. Four years is stretching it out unneccesarily.

Sorry guys, Cally's a loser, and there ain't no turn'n it around as long as he's here. A good high school head coach could come in with this talent and win more games.
:dis

This is probably the dumbest post i have ever read, give him time for god sakes this is his second season, unreal hskrntexas, ever heard of patience.

Sorry guys, Cally's a loser, and there ain't no turn'n it around as long as he's here. A good high school head coach could come in with this talent and win more games.
:dis

This is probably the dumbest post i have ever read, give him time for god sakes this is his second season, unreal hskrntexas, ever heard of patience.

Oh man, Cally would love to meet a guy like you. :rollin