OFFICIAL Possible Basketball Coaches Thread

about as good as we can expect at nebraska.

Have you read anything at all about coach Miles? You make it sound like we had to settle for some run of the mill coach who can't really do the job. You should read back through this thread, you might learn something.

T_O_B

G>B>R

will Miles keep any of the current husker coaches on staff or clear the slate?

Lets hope they all move on, They have spent the last 6 years helping to perpetuate a culture of losing. We don't need that. If any of them had been any good SADler might still be here.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Have to wish Coach Miles luck. Would be nice to see Neb have a program that represents the school and the conf, as a good basketball program along with football and the rest of the varsity programs. Reading about Ron Colemen brought up a question, doesn't T O have a problem with the AAU. I thought that he told Doc not to get involved with that org. I would be surprised if Colemen would feel comfortable here, if that's the case. Seems he has some great inroads in that area, and that would be a big asset to bring to Lincoln. Maybe I just read it wrong, or maybe T O feels its time to get this program up and winning, and he will put his personal opinions aside.Looks like a good hire on paper, lets see what it looks like on the hard court. Will we wait 2 or 3 yrs, or 3-4yrs to see what coach Miles he brings to the court ? We can only get better, considering how its been.

GBR!!!

Have to wish Coach Miles luck. Would be nice to see Neb have a program that represents the school and the conf, as a good basketball program along with football and the rest of the varsity programs. Reading about Ron Colemen brought up a question, doesn't T O have a problem with the AAU. I thought that he told Doc not to get involved with that org. I would be surprised if Colemen would feel comfortable here, if that's the case. Seems he has some great inroads in that area, and that would be a big asset to bring to Lincoln. Maybe I just read it wrong, or maybe T O feels its time to get this program up and winning, and he will put his personal opinions aside.Looks like a good hire on paper, lets see what it looks like on the hard court. Will we wait 2 or 3 yrs, or 3-4yrs to see what coach Miles he brings to the court ? We can only get better, considering how its been.

GBR!!!

I believe I read recently that T.O. has stated, that in spite of all the speculation, he does not have a specific problem with AAU.........

Building a quality BB team is easier than building a football team. In foot ball you need 22 plus players in BB you need two or three studs and 2 to 5 role players. Not going to take coach Miles 2 to 4 years to put a quality team on the floor. Depending on recruiting it could happen as soon as next season.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Building a quality BB team is easier than building a football team. In foot ball you need 22 plus players in BB you need two or three studs and 2 to 5 role players. Not going to take coach Miles 2 to 4 years to put a quality team on the floor. Depending on recruiting it could happen as soon as next season.

T_O_B

G>B>R

+1. There are a lot of seniors next year and that means a lot of open scholarships. Next years class is critical because of the uneven numbers in classes. Could even see some open up for this fall. We shall have to see.

The AAU thing has it's seedy side. I am sure there's a lot of up&up AAU programs, but there is no body that I am aware of that regulates those things. If your being charged $700 to talk to a player basically that AAU coach is acting like an agent. He's controlling who the player is talking too. Getting charged to see a tourney is not quite as bad, but it sure ain't like H.S.

Don'd get me wrong I'm happy as a clam with the Miles hire but they just showed a coach in the crowd of the Kansas UNC game that doesn't have a job and would have been an incredible get. None of us even thought to bring up his name... unbelieveable... Larry Brown! This would not been a splash, it would have been a deluge.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I read in an earlier post that we had a couple guys still in the tourney that we would like to talk to. Obviously one was coach Groce. Does anyone know if Danny manning is the other one? Was he ever approached? If not what was the reason?

Came out early in the search and said he isn't going anywhere. Was a pipe dream.

Spot on here! Just heard he's headed to friggin Tulsa!

Hey guys I am a converited cu fan to husker fan since i graduated high school almost ten years ago. Not much of a BB fan but have fallowed it a bit this year and hope to keep learning about it anyways looking up this guy here that we just hired i think is a good fit and will bring a ton of energy to the fan base which i think we will need. he looks like a TO kind of guy with great skills in delvoping programs and i really think this miles guy will do just fine. The one thing that i have learned out here in neb is that no matter what sport we all bleed husker red and i am all in for this guy to do good. Welcome Coach! And GBR!!!!!

Welcome to the Good Side of the Force!