OFFICIAL Possible Basketball Coaches Thread

Well....wow, as completely unconvinced I am of MIles being "the one" him turning us down would be incredibly embarassing.

From the Journal Star "

Tim Miles, the men's basketball coach at Colorado State, flew back home from Lincoln on Friday, and told The Coloradoan he plans to speak with CSU administrators about an offer from Nebraska

Could he just be using us as a way to get a raise?

I'd guess he flew back to inform his team first; collect his family; and fly back to Lincoln for a news conference.

I'ts been widely reported he wants this job (which is a huge plus)............I can't see him turning it down..

Hey guys I am a converited cu fan to husker fan since i graduated high school almost ten years ago. Not much of a BB fan but have fallowed it a bit this year and hope to keep learning about it anyways looking up this guy here that we just hired i think is a good fit and will bring a ton of energy to the fan base which i think we will need. he looks like a TO kind of guy with great skills in delvoping programs and i really think this miles guy will do just fine. The one thing that i have learned out here in neb is that no matter what sport we all bleed husker red and i am all in for this guy to do good. Welcome Coach! And GBR!!!!!

Ronald "Chin" Coleman headed to Nebraska with Tim Miles, according to a source. Should benefit Cornhuskers in recruiting Chicago area.

LINK

^^ If you click the link and note the first tweet below is an inquiry asking whether Jermaine Morgan will opt out of his LOI @ CSU. After further research, Morgan played for Coleman's AAU team in Chicago. This might get interesting. I wonder if we have room for Morgan, assuming CSU releases him from his LOI?

Here's his recruiting profile: Jermaine Morgan

Ronald "Chin" Coleman headed to Nebraska with Tim Miles, according to a source. Should benefit Cornhuskers in recruiting Chicago area.

LINK

^^ If you click the link and note the first tweet below is an inquiry asking whether Jermaine Morgan will opt out of his LOI @ CSU. After further research, Morgan played for Coleman's AAU team in Chicago. This might get interesting. I wonder if we have room for Morgan, assuming CSU releases him from his LOI?

Here's his recruiting profile: Jermaine Morgan

Morgan would be a nice building block. Not a big time guy for star gazers, but he is an inside athlete that we haven't seen at Nebraska in a long long time.

Been reading a lot about Coach Miles and his staff. If the bios are to be believed I'd like to have them all. Here are some excerpts...

Niko Medved

Assistant Coach, 2007 – Present

Coach Miles on Niko: "Niko is a young man that knows the game inside and out. He's a great recruiter and is extremely well organized. He's been a phenomenal addition to our staff."

Craig Smith

Assisant Coach, 2007 – Present

Coach Miles on Craig: "Craig is an outstanding coach. I've hired him three times and there is a reason for that. I believe in the way he conducts himself, he's an excellent recruiter and schematically, he's really a good tactician when it comes to basketball."

Ron Coleman

Assistant Coach, 2011 – Present

Coach Miles on Ron: "I feel like we hit a home run with Ron joining CSU basketball. He was a valuable part of the storied tradition of Illinois high school basketball in recent years. He comes from two great programs: Mac Irvin Fire in AAU basketball and Whitney M. Young, which he helped into a national power in the high school ranks. He is an excellent coach and teacher of the game. He will model the right things for our student-athletes. We are very excited to add Ron to CSU basketball."

Jayden Olson

Director of Basketball Operations, 2010 – Present

Coach Miles on Jayden: "Jayden will be a valuable addition to the Rams as our 'DOBO.' He is hard working, very well organized and has tremendous rapport with our players and staff members inside and outside the CSU athletic department. Jayden has been part of winning programs throughout his playing and coaching careers and knows what it takes to be successful. I am looking forward to working with Jayden in this role for CSU basketball."

T_O_B

G>B>R