Second Spring Practice - 2012

I'm looking forward to seeing if Ameer maintains his position as Rex's backup or if Aaron starts getting more of the carries. Maybe Jamal Turner will step up again this Spring.

I would expect to see Green make a big jump this year, while Ameer continues to light up the field on special teams.

I'm kinda the opposite. I think Ameer is going to shine this year. Last season he showed the sort of burst that he has and when it's all said and done, I think he'll get the majority of the carries. Either way, you have to love the fact that we're having this conversation. Competition breeds excellence and I think we're going to have an excellent backfield for years to come with those two.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Ameer maintains his position as Rex's backup or if Aaron starts getting more of the carries. Maybe Jamal Turner will step up again this Spring.

I would expect to see Green make a big jump this year, while Ameer continues to light up the field on special teams.

I'm kinda the opposite. I think Ameer is going to shine this year. Last season he showed the sort of burst that he has and when it's all said and done, I think he'll get the majority of the carries. Either way, you have to love the fact that we're having this conversation. Competition breeds excellence and I think we're going to have an excellent backfield for years to come with those two.

I like the fact that Green has better ball security than AA. That is why I think he is #2 heading into Game 1

Make one observation and the shrews screech until ears bleed. I still don't know why the previous thread was locked, but then again I still wonder why my uncle Jack became my aunt Jackie.

The other thread was locked for two reasons:

1) It was about the first practice. A new thread was created for the second practice, therefore meaning the thread aboout the first practice is no longer needed.

2) The discussion about a single picture taken completely out of context was annoying and not worth the time it took to read it. You got something to say, say it in this thread.

• Fire 1

Make one observation and the shrews screech until ears bleed. I still don't know why the previous thread was locked, but then again I still wonder why my uncle Jack became my aunt Jackie.

The other thread was locked for two reasons:

1) It was about the first practice. A new thread was created for the second practice, therefore meaning the thread aboout the first practice is no longer needed.

2) The discussion about a single picture taken completely out of context was annoying and not worth the time it took to read it. You got something to say, say it in this thread.

Truer words.

One thing I love about Beck is his honesty. Sipple asks about the footwork and he gives, I think, a pretty descriptive reasoning for why footwork is important. That's the kind of stuff people want to know and understand.

Edit - That said, his honesty is also a little disheartening in one aspect. When talking about the run/pass ratio, he said early in the season they were running more because they were up on teams, and late in the season they were running more because they just "wanted to get out" of the game if they were up. I'm not big fan of the "let's just get out of here" mentality, because I think it could lead to less focus on the team. What do you guys think?

Sipple asked "Why is footwork important" and Beck said "If you control your feet you control your body" or something that didn't go into a whole lot of detail, I thought. I'm surprised that Sipple didn't seem to know that footwork is critical as part of a QB's throwing mechanics, or at least, Beck answered as if that were the case.

Also not a real big fan of "getting out of a game", after starting the season running plays "just to put things on tape".

Sipple asked "Why is footwork important" and Beck said "If you control your feet you control your body" or something that didn't go into a whole lot of detail, I thought. I'm surprised that Sipple didn't seem to know that footwork is critical as part of a QB's throwing mechanics, or at least, Beck answered as if that were the case.

Also not a real big fan of "getting out of a game", after starting the season running plays "just to put things on tape".

A professional sports writer, someone who gets PAID to write about sports, has to ask why a QB's footwork is "important?" Seriously? That has to be a goof. Made up. A yarn whereby the listener/reader is later punched in the clown, right?

• Fire 1

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you understand what he's doing. Journalists aren't dumb - they know the answers to a lot of questions they're about to ask, but nobody wants to hear a reporter blather on and on - they want to hear the subject talk, because subjects give emotion and character to what you're doing.

I'm sure Sipple knows why footwork is important, but he wanted to hear Beck talk about it in his own words.

Furthermore, I'm sure there are some fans out there who don't know. That kind of information is interesting to them.

Lastly, I completely agree with your last part. Not a big fan of "getting out of a game" mentality - I think it breeds lacked focus.

• Fire 3