Trayvon Martin and "Stand Your Ground" in FL

So now it's "just" that we follow, shoot and kill unarmed teenagers because we don't like how they look. Welcome to the new America.

Yeah and let's just forget Martin was bashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete, i guess that is ok. Since Martin is such an upstanding kid and if he had killed Zimmerman or cause any brain damage let's just let the kid go. Welcome to the new America.

http://www.foxnews.c...immerman-trial/

Rao said Zimmerman's injuries were not only "not life threatening" but were also "very insignificant." She said the injuries to the back of Zimmerman's head were consistent with hitting the ground but the injuries on his face were from consistent with one punch or strike.

But yes, ALL of the witness testimony supports Zimmerman.

What if Zimmerman couldn't get Martin off of him? we don't know if Martin would've kept bashing his head in or not which could lead to a more serious injury.

No we don't know, do we? And why don't we know?

Don't be too hurt that i would take a foresnic scientist opinion's over yours.

The one who was paid by the defense to testify?

so what? unless you can prove his information is wrong it doesn't matter. If the prosecution thought to get another opinion they should have. which they probably did and their own confirmed it. You do know the prosecution held back photos for months from the defense. So let's not act like the prosecution doesn't have motive.

So now it's "just" that we follow, shoot and kill unarmed teenagers because we don't like how they look. Welcome to the new America.

Yeah and let's just forget Martin was bashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete, i guess that is ok. Since Martin is such an upstanding kid and if he had killed Zimmerman or cause any brain damage let's just let the kid go. Welcome to the new America.

that is quite the double standard and an odd argument.

cause too many play the sympathy card for Martin and think that no kid can't be a troublemaker. Some of ya'll act like Martin had a squeaky clean reputation.

Yeah and let's just forget Martin was bashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete, i guess that is ok.

So Martin doesn't have a right to self-defense, only Zimmerman does? Florida laws don't agree. Stand Your Ground means Martin didn't have to flee Zimmerman as Zimmerman followed him.

I presume that if Zimmerman didn't have a gun, and Martin had bashed Zimmerman's head in and killed him, that would also be justified in your eyes? Yes?

• Fire 2

so what? unless you can prove his information is wrong it doesn't matter.

It's interesting to see how you weigh evidence.

You do know the prosecution held back photos for months from the defense. So let's not act like the prosecution doesn't have motive.

What? Now you just sound angry . . . this is the least coherent stream of consciousness that I've seen in a long time . . .

I presume that if Zimmerman didn't have a gun, and Martin had bashed Zimmerman's head in and killed him, that would also be justified in your eyes? Yes?

This is true. Martin was just standing his ground. The alleged head bashing on the concrete was completely legal.

• Fire 1

cause too many play the sympathy card for Martin and think that no kid can't be a troublemaker. Some of ya'll act like Martin had a squeaky clean reputation.

What does Martin's "reputation" have to do with this? Zimmerman didn't know Martin, didn't know anything about his "reputation," nothing.

Way to out your prejudice in this discussion. Your whole argument washes away with this nonsense.

• Fire 2

Let me ask you some questions. Who's life is more valuable yours or some stranger? If that stranger was on top of you and bashing your head into the concrete then felt you had a gun and reached for it and you tried to get it away from him would you take a chance that stranger wouldn't use it on you?

Let me ask you some questions. Who's life is more valuable yours or some stranger? If that stranger was on top of you and bashing your head into the concrete then felt you had a gun and reached for it and you tried to get it away from him would you take a chance that stranger wouldn't use it on you?

i guess i would have to know the stranger.

If that stranger was on top of you and bashing your head into the concrete then felt you had a gun and reached for it and you tried to get it away from him would you take a chance that stranger wouldn't use it on you?

What did I do before this stranger was on top of me? The things that you're describing are all after the fact.

Yeah and let's just forget Martin was bashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete, i guess that is ok.

So Martin doesn't have a right to self-defense, only Zimmerman does? Florida laws don't agree. Stand Your Ground means Martin didn't have to flee Zimmerman as Zimmerman followed him.

No Martin has a right to self defense but when you run away and then come back that is no longer self defense. Whether or not Zimmerman had a gun or not doesn't matter. If Zimmerman didn't have a gun and couldn't stop Martin from bashing his head in and killed Zimmerman that's not justified.

If that stranger was on top of you and bashing your head into the concrete then felt you had a gun and reached for it and you tried to get it away from him would you take a chance that stranger wouldn't use it on you?

What did I do before this stranger was on top of me? The things that you're describing are all after the fact.

No they aren't. can you show me where Zimmerman and Martin knew each other? cause if they did i highly doubt any of this happens.

I don't and wouldn't carry a gun. I probably would not have called the police on some random person walking in the first place, and if I did, I certainly would not have left my car. So your hypothetical questions would never have taken place for me. The end.

BTW - bash is a strong word in light of the medical examiner's testimony that the injuries were "insignificant". Unless there is a reason you believe the defense forensic witness and not the prosecution's.

i guess i would have to know the stranger.

so you would let some stranger kill you and not defend yourself?

No they aren't. can you show me where Zimmerman and Martin knew each other? cause if they did i highly doubt any of this happens.

3723-cosby-wut.jpg