Trayvon Martin and "Stand Your Ground" in FL

no i am a supporter of people defending their self. you are an ardent supporter of Martin even though everything suggests Martin was the aggressor. Just because you are a gun carrier doesn't mean you take out your gun at first glance. Zimmerman only took out his gun when he was getting his head bashed. This alone tells me his first intent was never to shoot Martin. I am one of the few that see all through the lies and bullsh#t that Martin supporters say. It seems you just support Martin cause he was a kid. Zimmerman did follow Martin and he stopped when the police dispatcher told him they didn't need him to follow Martin. This is on every transcript and you can even hear on the audio version Zimmerman quit following Martin. Why can you not understand this?

Zimmerman's story suggests Martin was the aggressor, after Zimmerman started following him. Though I would suggest that Zimmerman has good reason to develop that story. If Martin were alive today to offer a differing testimony, would you inherently believe Zimmerman's side? Why would you inherently believe Zimmerman's side now?

What we know is that Martin was on his way home. I don't know who started the physical fight and neither do you. What we know is that Zimmerman started the situation. He had a gun, he followed an unarmed teenager who had the nerve to be walking home in the rain, and he ended up killing the unarmed teenager. Those are close to the only undisputed facts in the case.

please quit saying this. This was after the fact he found out that he was not armed. Zimmerman had no way of knowing at the time if he was armed or not. Martin was putting his hand in his pockets and looking around at houses cause i guess he forgot where he lived. But you forget another fact, Martin approached the truck which started all this mess. You all who keep saying that if Zimmerman had minded his own business, well what if Martin minded his own business and just kept walking? He would be alive. Sometimes curiosity does kill the cat.

This. Although it doesn't really matter what any of us believe because the jury has spoken. People have attacked the jury after it didn't return a verdict that supported their opinion so that tells me that nearly everyone who is angry over the verdict had preconceived ideas about GZ's guilt before the trial. I listened to 2/3 of the trial with not much of an idea before hand how I felt it should turn out. After watching the testimony, the best opinion I could form was that both parties were equally liable and that none of the charges on GZ fit. That is why pages earlier I made the comment that this case was a sad example of how there were about 20 bad decisions made by both men. There was no other choice but to acquit.

and regarding the issue of racism, there is no doubt that racism does exist but I have seen zero evidence of it in this case. You cannot fit a square peg in a round hole

no i am a supporter of people defending their self. you are an ardent supporter of Martin even though everything suggests Martin was the aggressor. Just because you are a gun carrier doesn't mean you take out your gun at first glance. Zimmerman only took out his gun when he was getting his head bashed. This alone tells me his first intent was never to shoot Martin. I am one of the few that see all through the lies and bullsh#t that Martin supporters say. It seems you just support Martin cause he was a kid. Zimmerman did follow Martin and he stopped when the police dispatcher told him they didn't need him to follow Martin. This is on every transcript and you can even hear on the audio version Zimmerman quit following Martin. Why can you not understand this?

Zimmerman's story suggests Martin was the aggressor, after Zimmerman started following him. Though I would suggest that Zimmerman has good reason to develop that story. If Martin were alive today to offer a differing testimony, would you inherently believe Zimmerman's side? Why would you inherently believe Zimmerman's side now?

What we know is that Martin was on his way home. I don't know who started the physical fight and neither do you. What we know is that Zimmerman started the situation. He had a gun, he followed an unarmed teenager who had the nerve to be walking home in the rain, and he ended up killing the unarmed teenager. Those are close to the only undisputed facts in the case.

please quit saying this. This was after the fact he found out that he was not armed. Zimmerman had no way of knowing at the time if he was armed or not. Martin was putting his hand in his pockets and looking around at houses cause i guess he forgot where he lived. But you forget another fact, Martin approached the truck which started all this mess. You all who keep saying that if Zimmerman had minded his own business, well what if Martin minded his own business and just kept walking? He would be alive. Sometimes curiosity does kill the cat.

So you're saying that because Martin didn't mind his own business, his death was totally justifiable and unavoidable?

No. But if your neighborhood had been having break ins and you saw someone wearing a hoodie acting strange and looking at houses what would you think?

No. But if your neighborhood had been having break ins and you saw someone wearing a hoodie acting strange and looking at houses what would you think?

A) Sure, because when I'm walking down the sidewalk, I always keep my eyes on my feet and never look at the neighbor's house. And I never, ever put my hood up on a rainy night or my hands in my pockets to fiddle with my cell phone.

B) I think I would call the cops and then let them do their jobs.

Martin approached the truck which started all this mess.

Eh?

Zimmerman was sitting in his truck.

Zimmerman

Yeah, now he's coming towards me.

Dispatcher

OK.

So the confrontation happened in Zimmerman's truck?

Martin saw Zimmerman and ran then Zimmerman got out of his truck.

A) Sure, because when I'm walking down the sidewalk, I always keep my eyes on my feet and never look at the neighbor's house. And I never, ever put my hood up on a rainy night or my hands in my pockets to fiddle with my cell phone.

a) I can buy the first part. so you are saying you fiddle with your cellphone in your pocket instead of taking it out?

b) he did call the cops but even cops will tell you, you can't solely rely on them to protect you all the time. For instance what if it was a robber? now we aren't even having this conversation. You make judgment calls in the heat of the moment.

Martin forced Zimmerman to get out of his truck?

No. Since Zimmerman didn't know who it was or what he was doing he followed him. Then he was told that he didn't need to follow him and stopped.

STOP SAYING THAT.

a) I can buy the first part. so you are saying you fiddle with your cellphone in your pocket instead of taking it out?

b) he did call the cops but even cops will tell you, you can't solely rely on them to protect you all the time. For instance what if it was a robber? now we aren't even having this conversation. You make judgment calls in the heat of the moment.

A) Depends, sometimes I take it out, sometimes I'm fiddling with it just as a habit. Playing with my keys, change, etc.

B) What did Zimmerman need protection from initially? What danger was he in when he first called the police?

Martin forced Zimmerman to get out of his truck?

No. Since Zimmerman didn't know who it was or what he was doing he followed him. Then he was told that he didn't need to follow him and stopped.

STOP SAYING THAT.

you mean facts?

A) Depends, sometimes I take it out, sometimes I'm fiddling with it just as a habit. Playing with my keys, change, etc.

B) What did Zimmerman need protection from initially? What danger was he in when he first called the police?

B) Well Martin came up to him in his truck. Given that they have been having break in's i would be suspicious too. At the time there was no way that Zimmerman didn't know if he had a gun or not or that he wasn't a burglar. For all Zimmerman knew on how he was acting Martin could've pulled out a gun and killed Zimmerman.

B) Well Martin came up to him in his truck. Given that they have been having break in's i would be suspicious too. At the time there was no way that Zimmerman didn't know if he had a gun or not or that he wasn't a burglar. For all Zimmerman knew on how he was acting Martin could've pulled out a gun and killed Zimmerman.

According to Zimmerman and Zimmerman alone. You have to be able to acknowledge that there is substantial reason to doubt his story. And besides, this, if true, came AFTER he initially got out to follow Martin. If he'd never left his truck, called in the report, and driven on to the grocery store... he would've had nothing to fear and Martin would be alive.

According to Zimmerman and Zimmerman alone. You have to be able to acknowledge that there is substantial reason to doubt his story. And besides, this, if true, came AFTER he initially got out to follow Martin. If he'd never left his truck, called in the report, and driven on to the grocery store... he would've had nothing to fear and Martin would be alive.

so then why did all the witnesses corrobate Zimmerman's story that the prosecutor put up there? As much as you claim i defend Zimmerman you defend Martin just as much.