Trayvon Martin and "Stand Your Ground" in FL

So i guess this makes him even for defending himself against a wanna be thug.

good people can do bad things just as bad people can do good things. i am not saying gz is a good person or bad person, but what he did to martin was bad.

wow so defending oneself is bad?

an avoidable death occurred. gz had the best chance to avoid the altercation that resulted in the death of a teen. he exercised bad judgment. if you do not think that is 'bad', there is really no reason to continue this conversation.

Yes there is. Martin could've just gone home but he didn't. Martin was the one who approached the truck. Then he took off. Zimmerman was just sitting in his car talking to the dispatcher. Zimmerman did follow him but stopped. Martin could've just ran on home but chose not to.

Both of them should have walked away from this. A million things should have happened differently, but it starts with 'Zimmerman shouldn't have even placed himself in that situation in the first place'. beanman posted this on the previous page and Sir Charles is really well spoken about this, IMO.

The death threats to the Zimmerman family are a shame.

what's even worse is all the people protesting about it. complete bullsh#t. If the government didn't get involved none of this would have gotten blown way out of proportion. thanks Obama.

• Fire 1

Yes there is. Martin could've just gone home but he didn't. Martin was the one who approached the truck. Then he took off. Zimmerman was just sitting in his car talking to the dispatcher. Zimmerman did follow him but stopped. Martin could've just ran on home but chose not to.

Martin was going home. Until he was followed by a man with a loaded gun. Then he ended up dead.

• Fire 2

Martin was going home. Until he was followed by a man with a loaded gun. Then he ended up dead.

but that's not what happened. Why construct a fantasy?

but that's not what happened. Why construct a fantasy?

tumblr_mk9efgRrX11r0ftodo1_250.gif

In what world is that not what happened?

Zimmerman did not hunt down Martin. where do you keep getting this misinformation from?

Zimmerman did not hunt down Martin. where do you keep getting this misinformation from?

Did I say hunt? I missed where I said hunt.

What I actually said was followed. Which he did, by his own admission.

http://www.motherjones.com/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman

Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left...uh you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. sh#t he's running.

Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?

Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.

Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?

Zimmerman: The back entrance...f'ing [unintelligible]

Dispatcher: Are you following him?

Zimmerman: Yeah

Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman: Ok

So again. Tell me what part of what I stated earlier is not true.

• Fire 2

Did I say hunt? I missed where I said hunt.

What I actually said was followed. Which he did, by his own admission.

http://www.motherjon...cript-zimmerman

Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left...uh you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. sh#t he's running.

Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?

Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.

Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?

Zimmerman: The back entrance...f'ing [unintelligible]

Dispatcher: Are you following him?

Zimmerman: Yeah

Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman: Ok

So again. Tell me what part of what I stated earlier is not true.

here you missed something.

Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman

Ok.

Dispatcher

Alright sir what is your name?

Zimmerman

George…He ran.

Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

Ok.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

George…He ran.

How does that make my statement untrue?

Spin, massage, manipulate as much as you want.... These are facts. And they are undisputed.

Martin was walking home.

Zimmerman followed Martin.

Zimmerman carried a loaded gun.

Martin is dead.

Arguing these facts is like arguing that Nebraska didn't win 10 games last year. You can do it... but you're still wrong.

• Fire 2

Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

Ok.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

George…He ran.

Spin, massage, manipulate as much as you want.... These are facts. And they are undisputed.

Martin was walking home.

Martin is dead.

Arguing these facts is like arguing that Nebraska didn't win 10 games last year. You can do it... but you're still wrong.

Here's the audio version. you can clearly hear Zimmerman stopped running after Martin.

how can Zimmerman follow Martin if he ran away?

Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

Ok.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

George…He ran.

Martin was walking home.

Martin is dead.

Here's the audio version. you can clearly hear Zimmerman stopped running after Martin.

How did Zimmerman and Martin get into an altercation if Martin ran away?

Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

Ok.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

George…He ran.

Martin was walking home.

Martin is dead.

cause Martin came back. Zimmerman started heading back to his truck.

Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

Ok.

Dispatcher

Zimmerman

George…He ran.

Martin was walking home.

Martin is dead.

cause Martin came back. Zimmerman started heading back to his truck.

perhaps martin felt threatened and invoked standing his ground? we will never know, though.

Circumstantial evidence, at best. And also completely irrelevant. Zimmerman followed him in the first place; he says as much in the phone call. "Are you following him?" "Yes." Ergo, he followed Martin, like I said.