Trayvon Martin and "Stand Your Ground" in FL

Or, as in this case, start a situation.

except there's nothing to back that up.

Was this you?

Since Zimmerman didn't know who it was or what he was doing he followed him.

You know Carl you remind me of some athiests who cherry pick a bible passage and then take it out of context.

Sometimes you remind me of the Christian who complains about others reminding him what the bible actually says . . .

• Fire 1

Why would you ask someone for a ride who you are profiling as a criminal who looks like he may be in the verge of breaking into a home or homes

I think that's the point. Why was he profiling him as a criminal? Wouldn't it be nice if he hadn't seen a black kid in a hoodie and thought "criminal!" and just offered him a ride?

There are several citizens that I know who are not police officers that carry a concealed weapon

How many unarmed teenagers have they killed? I'd guess zero . . . which might be why Zimmerman is attracting more attention than your acquaintances.

You think the attention is because the kid was unarmed?

A lot of it, yes. Do you think that it would have been national news if Martin had been armed?

Why would you ask someone for a ride who you are profiling as a criminal who looks like he may be in the verge of breaking into a home or homes

Well, would there have been any harm in him approaching the kid in a matter that didn't seem threatening in the first place. Maybe find out what is going on. Realize the kid is walking to place of residence and then offer him a ride home?

There are several citizens that I know who are not police officers that carry a concealed weapon

How many unarmed teenagers have they killed? I'd guess zero . . . which might be why Zimmerman is attracting more attention than your acquaintances.

A lot of it, yes. Do you think that it would have been national news if Martin had been armed?

I think it made this big of a splash because of the difference in skin color. You could find stories of unarmed kids getting killed everyday somewhere in America and people are not having protests about it.

yeah cause an unarmed kid dying has never happened before right? :sarcasm

So since it has happened before we aren't allowed to care about this one? I guess I'm not sure what your point is.

No. This has been happening for a long time and why all of a sudden is this one so news worthy to get America into a dizzy for? That a half-hispanic, half-black, half-white person shot a black kid?

I think it made this big of a splash because of the difference in skin color. You could find stories of unarmed kids getting killed everyday somewhere in America and people are not having protests about it.

I think that they reach the point of self-perpetuation. The media covered the story to begin with . . . and then the fire was too big to put out.

What?

So since it has happened before we aren't allowed to care about this one? I guess I'm not sure what your point is.

No. This has been happening for a long time and why all of a sudden is this one so news worthy to get America into a dizzy for? That a half-hispanic, half-black, half-white person shot a black kid?

Yea, so? Every time a little white girl goes missing, Nancy Grace covers it wall to wall. Does that mean it is an uninteresting story or that I shouldn't care?

Sometimes you remind me of the Christian who complains about others reminding him what the bible actually says . . .

too bad most athiests hardly ever get past the english version of the bible to get to the true meaning.

Yeah. The true non-english meaning of Matthew 5:39 is something like "thou shalt resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on the right cheek, gun them down."

If anything you are the one trolling, bro. sounds like you didn't even follow the case.

I've been "bro'd."

Sounds like you're not familiar with the law outside of following media coverage of cases like this . . .

ditto.

Difference is, one of you is a lawyer. I'll give you one guess who it is. ;)

or so he say he is. this is the internet.

True. carlfense might be you. I've never seen the two of you in a room at the same time. Until then, I suspect both of you. <_<

too bad most athiests hardly ever get past the english version of the bible to get to the true meaning.

Yeah. The true non-english meaning of Matthew 5:39 is something like "thou shalt resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on the right cheek, gun them down."

Is that the original Greek or the Hebrew? Or was it Aramaic?