Tim Miles staff update

That would be a nice hire but I don't think its likely. If anything I imagine he'd follow Bruce. I think it will be one of two former CSU assistants but I think the Larry is also looking at possibly keeping one. I also think Smith is being considered at a lower level school as the head cheese. Sounds like there is a good chance Strickland maybe a GA of some type too which would be a good place for him to start.

I'm shocked at the kids coming in this weekend. Having the #2 guy in the nation visit is no small task for NU.

You kidding me?

That would be a nice hire but I don't think its likely. If anything I imagine he'd follow Bruce. I think it will be one of two former CSU assistants but I think the Larry is also looking at possibly keeping one. I also think Smith is being considered at a lower level school as the head cheese. Sounds like there is a good chance Strickland maybe a GA of some type too which would be a good place for him to start.

I'm shocked at the kids coming in this weekend. Having the #2 guy in the nation visit is no small task for NU.

Your probably right but since we have such a strong Chicago theme for this weekend, I thought I would throw that back in the hat.

Not to be lost in all this is the visit by Mr Biggs. Looking forward to seeing what he decides.

He is a 2014 recruit. 6'11' 270 lbs. Can't recall the name. But he is from Coleman's old AAU team.

He is a 2014 recruit. 6'11' 270 lbs. Can't recall the name. But he is from Coleman's old AAU team.

Names Jabari Parker, he might be number 2 in the nation now, but by 2013 he will be #1.. :thumbs

Names Jabari Parker, he might be number 2 in the nation now, but by 2013 he will be #1.. :thumbs

He was referring to Jahlil Okafor who is #2 (on Scout) in 2014 class. Parker is #2 (on Rivals) in 2013 class. Parker is Forward while Okafor is Center.

• 2 weeks later...

Craig Smith and Gregory Eaton added to staff, per link below. Also, Rosenthal tweeted that Miles will announce one more staff member yet, probably sometime next week.

Linky thingie:

http://www.omaha.com...-eaton-to-staff

Is Eaton helping Shaw then or are they going to do different things? I like the Smith hire. Should be good synergy there. Hoping Strickland comes in as a GA or Director of development. Having a big staff is more proof positive that they are investing a lot of resources to succeed.

From commentary I've read since then, it sounsd like that the two of them will handle the video responsibilities together. So complementary positions. Take a look at the Journal-Star's website. Rosenthal seems to have a pretty good handle on the setup. The others will all be assigned responsibilities after the last hire is made.

Are they only hiring one more staff member then? If that's the case they still need one more recruiting assistant which by the way the interviews sounded with Strickland means he wouldn't be getting a position on the staff as his quotes hint that recruiting wouldn't initially be part of his job duties if he were hired.

From commentary I've read since then, it sounsd like that the two of them will handle the video responsibilities together. So complementary positions. Take a look at the Journal-Star's website. Rosenthal seems to have a pretty good handle on the setup. The others will all be assigned responsibilities after the last hire is made.

Thanks. Maybe one guy will do recruiting breakdowns and the other will do opponents.

Harriman looks like he is joining the staff. Sounds like a good pickup

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/1181242.htm

I wonder if Harriman is in on some high major talent?

While I would of loved to see Strickland on the staff, I understand that you take the best you can. Harriman has experience and connections and it's hard to pass on that.

I've read some other articles that said he is a rising star. Heck we aren't even sure yet if he's the guy as I have not seen any other articles talking about the hire, so we may be getting ahead of ourselves.

Although this seems pretty solid...

http://my.journalstar.com/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog

As far as Chin, I imagine Chin and Miles have talked this over way ahead of time. It's been said many times they have a plan. I don't have a problem with this. It doesn't change the connections he has and he can interact with the players and help with their development as Director of player development when they are on campus.

It could be he is not a fan of travel or doesn't want to be an on the floor coach. I think as a director of player development he will have more time to be a mentor to the players and be close to them. It could be that's what he likes to do and what he is the best at.

• Fire 1

I wonder if Harriman is in on some high major talent?

While I would of loved to see Strickland on the staff, I understand that you take the best you can. Harriman has experience and connections and it's hard to pass on that.

I've read some other articles that said he is a rising star. Heck we aren't even sure yet if he's the guy as I have not seen any other articles talking about the hire, so we may be getting ahead of ourselves.

Although this seems pretty solid...

http://my.journalsta...sker_Extra/blog

As far as Chin, I imagine Chin and Miles have talked this over way ahead of time. It's been said many times they have a plan. I don't have a problem with this. It doesn't change the connections he has and he can interact with the players and help with their development as Director of player development when they are on campus.

It could be he is not a fan of travel or doesn't want to be an on the floor coach. I think as a director of player development he will have more time to be a mentor to the players and be close to them. It could be that's what he likes to do and what he is the best at.

Although on the surface this appears puzzling, your explanation makes as much sense as any..............