Tim Miles staff update

He had a nice debut on Sports Nightly. Going to KC to visit with Parker&Shields. Will be talking to the juco recruits soon. Met with the team today. Will be working out the team in a couple of days. Talked about determining roles. Talked about recruiting and getting kids on campus a couple of times to get them comfortable. Definitely a great guy to listen too. I think he's going to be a great coach here.

Wonder what T.O. will do about the AAU coach sense he dissaproves of AAU ball so much
A quote from TO

I don't have any particular guidelines or things that I'd say, 'well you can't do this. You can't go to an AAU tournament.' That's not true at all. Doc has recruited AAU and so on. I wouldn't even say we wouldn't even hire an AAU coach, but you got to be very careful when you do that that you're operating within the lines.

Boys - if you want to get excited, check out the players coming out of high school in the next few years that Coleman coached - we're talking #2 in next year's class and #4 in the year after that. Plus a handful of others in the top 150. These guys didn't only play on his AAU team, but at his high school as well. Not saying NU will get most of those guys, but you gotta like their odds of getting at least one. Things could get interesting.

Im not a fan of AAU, but the fact of the matter is you have to use it if you're gonna compete in D1 college basketball at Nebraska. Just have to inform staff to keep things on the level and there will be zero tolerance in doing things the wrong way.

With one assistant coach already locked down, it'll be interesting to see who the other two assistants will be?

Now that we know he's got his recruiter, I'd love to see a Strickland or someone like him put on staff. From the little I know, I think Strickland and Coleman will both be as good or better developers than the previous staff, plus you'd have your recruiting bulldog and your former player with a passion for the program... all things that seemed to be a bit lacking previously. Two more good hires and I have a feeling Husker Nation will suddenly feel much better about Miles.

Jahlil Okafor

Jabari Parker

Okafor also plays at Whitney Young HS which is where Coleman was the head coach. Not saying NU will get either of these guys, but if Chin was coaching these kinda guys, he obviously knows a thing or two. There are also severl 3 and 4 star guys that would be more realistic and very welcomed in this program.

This article was published yesterday. 3 of the Top 10 prospects in Illinois play for Whitney Young HS. Would love to see Chin snag at least 1 of them.

With one assistant coach already locked down, it'll be interesting to see who the other two assistants will be?

Why just two?

T_O_ B

G>B>R

D-1 basketball staffs comprise of the following:

Head Coach

3 Assistant Coaches

5 Support Staff (Director of Operations, Coordinator of Operations, Video Coordinator, Strength Coach, Office Secretary)