Tim Miles staff update

Jahlil Okafor

Jabari Parker

Okafor also plays at Whitney Young HS which is where Coleman was the head coach. Not saying NU will get either of these guys, but if Chin was coaching these kinda guys, he obviously knows a thing or two. There are also severl 3 and 4 star guys that would be more realistic and very welcomed in this program.

This article was published yesterday. 3 of the Top 10 prospects in Illinois play for Whitney Young HS. Would love to see Chin snag at least 1 of them.

Read that article. Mentioned Okafor as a likely one and done. How cool would it be to have a one and done at NU? Having Coleman on board is very exciting.

Jahlil Okafor

Jabari Parker

Okafor also plays at Whitney Young HS which is where Coleman was the head coach. Not saying NU will get either of these guys, but if Chin was coaching these kinda guys, he obviously knows a thing or two. There are also severl 3 and 4 star guys that would be more realistic and very welcomed in this program.

This article was published yesterday. 3 of the Top 10 prospects in Illinois play for Whitney Young HS. Would love to see Chin snag at least 1 of them.

Read that article. Mentioned Okafor as a likely one and done. How cool would it be to have a one and done at NU? Having Coleman on board is very exciting.

If that's true then I would think that may not help NU since most one and done players aren't looking to go to a program that is rebuilding. Most look to go to programs that are in it to win it that one year they are there. Who knows though.

Jahlil Okafor

Jabari Parker

If that's true then I would think that may not help NU since most one and done players aren't looking to go to a program that is rebuilding. Most look to go to programs that are in it to win it that one year they are there. Who knows though.

Michael Beasley says what's up.

Jahlil Okafor

Jabari Parker

I guess it depends on how Chin sells the program to these kids. Especially since they have a prior relationship with him which helps NU's case.

He had a nice debut on Sports Nightly. Going to KC to visit with Parker&Shields. Will be talking to the juco recruits soon. Met with the team today. Will be working out the team in a couple of days. Talked about determining roles. Talked about recruiting and getting kids on campus a couple of times to get them comfortable. Definitely a great guy to listen too. I think he's going to be a great coach here.

I agree, I think this is a good hire and really hope that he ends up surpassing what Nee did here.

Sounds like Miles made a positive impression on both Parker and Shields last night during in-home visits. Parker wasn't absolutely sure he'd be coming to Nebraska after Doc was fired, but Miles put to rest any doubts he had after the visit and reaffirmed his commitment to Nebraska. Shields was coming to Nebraska regardless, but still enjoyed meeting Miles and liked everything he heard from him.

I know they have said that having an assistant coach with Big 10 experience is very helpful to new coaches making the jump the the Big10. I think if I were them I would raid Bruce Weber's former staff at Illinois. They all seem to be very experienced Big 10 assistants and it's doubtful that the new coach would keep that staff intact, so I am sure some of them might be open to the move.

I know they have said that having an assistant coach with Big 10 experience is very helpful to new coaches making the jump the the Big10. I think if I were them I would raid Bruce Weber's former staff at Illinois. They all seem to be very experienced Big 10 assistants and it's doubtful that the new coach would keep that staff intact, so I am sure some of them might be open to the move.

I mentioned this in the "John Groce to Illinois" thread. I suggested looking at Illini's interim HC Jerrance Howard since he has B1G experience as a player and coach. He's also supposed to be a solid recruiter too.

I mentioned this in the "John Groce to Illinois" thread. I suggested looking at Illini's interim HC Jerrance Howard since he has B1G experience as a player and coach. He's also supposed to be a solid recruiter too.

This guy sounds great Nex I just wonder what the chances are and if he is at all on Tim's radar.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Ah, my apologies I didn't see that. I think he would be an excellent pickup.

Ah, my apologies I didn't see that. I think he would be an excellent pickup.

No apologies necessary. ;) But a good idea, nonetheless.