Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Thats like the third time today that i've heard somebody say black isn't our school color. Do u know how many teams have rocked black alternates? Out of all the teams you would think we would DEFINITELY be one of the teams to go black at least once. And as far as needing red in the helmets... Case in point: the cincy helmet i posted. And I think if the numbers are a slightly less lighter than black or even like a reflective charcoal... Everyone would be able to see them just fine. Im sticking with all black... With the exception of maybe subtle things like patches. Having red mixed in with it just seems kinda corny... More and more teams have used the black on black matte helmets. It's modern. We're the blackshirts baby!! Let's go all black! It's just an alternate... Its not like we're turning our back on the best color on the planet.

nothing like a uniform discussion to get HB going in the offseason :P

It's bizarre, isn't it? I just don't see what all the interest is.

I think we should ban anyone who posts about uniforms during the offseason. I mean, who needs a forum anyway?

It's definately off season... IMHO, I don't see that 'uniforms' have an impact on the ability to win. Some say that swithcing uniforms attracts attention for recruits, yet no mention of winning attracting attention. IF we were in the MNC hunt year in and year out the tradtional uniform would be the icon that everyone would want to be wearing. Instead, here we are, talking about uniforms...

I think we should ban anyone who posts about uniforms during the offseason. I mean, who needs a forum anyway?

You are a harsh, harsh man, tschu.

Thats like the third time today that i've heard somebody say black isn't our school color. Do u know how many teams have rocked black alternates? Out of all the teams you would think we would DEFINITELY be one of the teams to go black at least once. And as far as needing red in the helmets... Case in point: the cincy helmet i posted. And I think if the numbers are a slightly less lighter than black or even like a reflective charcoal... Everyone would be able to see them just fine. Im sticking with all black... With the exception of maybe subtle things like patches. Having red mixed in with it just seems kinda corny... More and more teams have used the black on black matte helmets. It's modern. We're the blackshirts baby!! Let's go all black! It's just an alternate... Its not like we're turning our back on the best color on the planet.

The last time I checked, our colors were Scarlet and Cream. I realize that black does work well with our color scheme and other Husker teams have adopted black as part of the uniform (at least a little bit), but I'm just against the complete black uniforms/helmets. At least make the collar, stripes, face mask, numbers, etc. red so we can still retain our color scheme. I think black is a good way to go, it's intimidating, it's pretty badass looking, and the players seem to want it. I'm just against having the all black uniforms because any team can do that. ANY team.

You are a harsh, harsh man, tschu.

Nah. I think sometimes my brash sense of humor doesn't come out well on the internet. Oh well, ban everyone, shut down the site. I hear HuskerMax is awesome.

The last time I checked, our colors were Scarlet and Cream. I realize that black does work well with our color scheme and other Husker teams have adopted black as part of the uniform (at least a little bit), but I'm just against the complete black uniforms/helmets. At least make the collar, stripes, face mask, numbers, etc. red so we can still retain our color scheme. I think black is a good way to go, it's intimidating, it's pretty badass looking, and the players seem to want it. I'm just against having the all black uniforms because any team can do that. ANY team.

You're right... Any team can go all black. But there is only ONE team named the blackshirts.