Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Does anyone else find it depressing that this thread is already 5 pages? There should be no room for vanity in football.

Oregon has turned this game into a hodgepodge of America's Next Top Model and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

This is also a dumb stance. You're saying if we came out in blue and pink uniforms, you wouldn't care? Come on, that is an extremely crude opinion. Congrats on being more manly than the rest of us, man. Hope it feels good. Pull your pants up and put the ruler down.

It's not dumb, it's factually correct. I didn't say that, no. Thank you. Thank you. It does. Who the hell surfs the internet with pants on? :hmmph

Does anyone else find it depressing that this thread is already 5 pages? There should be no room for vanity in football.

Oregon has turned this game into a hodgepodge of America's Next Top Model and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Thank you for illustrating my point. That was embarrassing to watch. I feel embarrassed for them.

Thank you for illustrating my point. That was embarrassing to watch. I feel embarrassed for them.

You're welcome. I agree, it's ridiculous.

Say what you want, but those jerseys fired them up. And they went out and stomped on Marshall 44-7.

• Fire 1

Say what you want, but those jerseys fired them up. And they went out and stomped on Marshall 44-7.

That's what I'm saying.

I think it's ridiculous that they get that fired up over a uniform, but I'm guessing it's not that uncommon of a response. Whatever the players want for motivation to win, let em have it.

Is that why Marshall also lost to Houston 63-28, and Tulsa 59-17? Those teams also ran out and got sexy new wardrobes?

I don't understand the animosity towards players getting jacked up about different uniforms. I'm with a lot of the players I've talked to - a one game alt uniform would be cool, especially if they do a really great job with it. For anybody that went to a Catholic school, I'm sure it was cool when you got to go to school in casual clothes once in a blue moon, no? It's kind of the same principle, I think.

Part of the Nebraska allure is tradition, and there are a ton of people who stomp their feet about this kind of stuff. Let's be realists - Nebraska hasn't been relevant in the national title hunt - and I mean legitimately relevant - for over a decade. Sticking to tradition is important, but evolving into the future is similarly crucial.

I'm not saying an alt uniform game means a championship season, but Nebraska needs to be cutting edge outside of the facilities. Athletes (and many fans) get a kick out of this stuff. Whether you disagree with it or not is completely irrelevant, because they're not trying to recruit you to come and play.

• Fire 2

nothing like a uniform discussion to get HB going in the offseason :P

It's bizarre, isn't it? I just don't see what all the interest is.

I think we should ban anyone who posts about uniforms during the offseason. I mean, who needs a forum anyway?

You are a harsh, harsh man, tschu.

Nah. I think sometimes my brash sense of humor doesn't come out well on the internet. Oh well, ban everyone, shut down the site. I hear HuskerMax is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jDz4wajYCQ