Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

I think if you are Oregon or a new kid on the block you need to be flashy to get attention. Teams like Texas, Penn St, Michigan USC etc. that are the true blue bloods of college football do not need to do things like this for attention(for the record I feel we fall in this category). I think the traditional powers should leave their uniforms alone and just keep winning!

Having said that I don't have a problem with wearing alternate uniforms once or twice a year especially if they are well done. I really liked the throwback uni's worn for the La Lafayette game a couple years ago. The players really seem to like it (to the point of selecting schools based on crap like this) so if done well it could be fun. Whether or not you like it, there is no question it is here to stay and is a sign of the times, we gotta keep up! From the article it sounds like the white helmet and the familiar red N will not be altered. I say go for it maybe it will help us land some big time recruits!

• Fire 1