Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Yeah, I think anybody trying to make assumptions basedx on age probably hasn't thought that through really well. Case in point: I'm 43 and an attorney... Perfect for not wanting change, right? And yet this type of change is fun in my eyes. As long as it's not overboard, and I trust TO on that. But then, I thought Maryland's unis were fun. A lot of flash, sure, but fun, and with relevance to the team.

maryland_uniforms-03.jpg

Wut?

Again, not for everybody. And I'm not saying we should totally change what we have. But an alternate uni with modest changes used, at most, once a year, doesn't harm anything. Say what you will about Maryland's unis, they did what was intended, and that was get the school noticed, and quite a few noticed in a positive way, not a negative one.

And for the record, Duke, I don't recall Tom saying we HAD to do this. I didn't get that message at all. Matter of fact, Tom's tone made it sound as though he didn't really want to, but was willing to in deference to Adidas. Meh, reasonable minds are going to differ, in as many different ways as one's clothing style does.

In my opinion this is totally unnecessary. WE ARE NEBRASKA!!!!!! We don't need to change or alter our uniforms.

In my opinion we should not have to change our uniforms in order to get the attention of today's student athlete. I don't care if a young high school players is a 5 star recruit. If he chooses his school only because or mostly because a school has "new retro uniforms," then I say pass on the recruit. There are plenty of talented high school recruits out there who still respect places of high tradition like Nebraska who don't need to change their uniforms in order to get a recruit's attention.

I understand why Oregon does it, I understand why many teams do it, but in my opinion Nebraska does not and should not be one of those teams.

Call me old-school, call me outdated, but Nebraska became NEBRASKA by how we performed on the field, how are fan base supports our team and how they treat opposing team's fanbases. We didn't need some uniform gimmick to become one of the most powerful & most respected programs in college football history.

Stay who you are Nebraska....don't go down this road. :bigredn::throwdabones1::power

HAHA! Take a chill pill Duke. TO is in charge. He himself said it won't be anything outlandish. I'll take his word on that.

IMO, if they are really good looking and keep our traditional uniform's identity, I would be game for making them permanent.

In my opinion this is totally unnecessary. WE ARE NEBRASKA!!!!!! We don't need to change or alter our uniforms.

In my opinion we should not have to change our uniforms in order to get the attention of today's student athlete. I don't care if a young high school players is a 5 star recruit. If he chooses his school only because or mostly because a school has "new retro uniforms," then I say pass on the recruit. There are plenty of talented high school recruits out there who still respect places of high tradition like Nebraska who don't need to change their uniforms in order to get a recruit's attention.

I understand why Oregon does it, I understand why many teams do it, but in my opinion Nebraska does not and should not be one of those teams.

Call me old-school, call me outdated, but Nebraska became NEBRASKA by how we performed on the field, how are fan base supports our team and how they treat opposing team's fanbases. We didn't need some uniform gimmick to become one of the most powerful & most respected programs in college football history.

Stay who you are Nebraska....don't go down this road. :bigredn::throwdabones1::power

HAHA! Take a chill pill Duke. TO is in charge. He himself said it won't be anything outlandish. I'll take his word on that.

IMO, if they are really good looking and keep our traditional uniform's identity, I would be game for making them permanent.

I know I know.....Sorry guys I probably went a little overboard there. I'll admit I am a traditionalist, and I love how classic our uniforms have always looked (except 2002).

I guess I will reserve judgement until we actually see the real design. I am off my soap box now. :boxosoap:rant

Thanks for talking me down HuskerShark :)

Anyone want to make any mocks?

I saw these pop up a year or so ago. I am a traditionalist and believe that we shouldn't alter our uniforms, but I have to admit that these are not that bad.

huskers_action_home.jpg

Black jersey version of design above.

huskers_action_alt.jpg

Osborne has said that he does not want black jerseys and pants from head to toe. So if that theory holds true that doesn't necessarily rule out the black uniform on the left as a possibility.

For the record, I'm under 30 (27) and don't really like this, unless they come out with something amazing, which I doubt.

I am the same way. I am almost 29 and unless it is something that mixes new with traditional in a classic way, then I think a great number of fans will have a hard time appreciating these.

Alright, so enough talk about what they are going to look like (personally I'm thinking there'll the color black somewhere in there) but I'm more interested in when they'll be debuted. If they'll be seen in only one game, the obvious answer has to be the homecoming game against Michigan. Should Nebraska and Michigan both take care of business heading into that game, I think the whole new uniform thing adds even a little more intrigue to the match up.

I want it to be Fall...I want football back.