Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Anyone want to make any mocks?

I saw these pop up a year or so ago. I am a traditionalist and believe that we shouldn't alter our uniforms, but I have to admit that these are not that bad.

huskers_action_home.jpg

Oh $hit, not all red please! That is bad juju, can't win in all red.

Interesting news.

I'm excited to see what they come up with. I'm glad we're only doing it once a year. We're still all about tradition, that isn't going to change, but now we have another reason to possibly sway players in our direction. The last time we played with alternate uniforms, we won 55-0. I know we played Louisiana-Lafayette, but I can't remember a game we've played in a long time where just about everything went our way. It seemed like our guys played with a little more passion even though the opponent was unfamiliar and not very good.

If the players want it and the coaches are alright with it then let em have one game a year. Why not just do it for homecoming every year?

I trust Tom in that it's not going to be too outrageous and that it will keep the standard look of the classic uniforms.

Alright, so enough talk about what they are going to look like (personally I'm thinking there'll the color black somewhere in there) but I'm more interested in when they'll be debuted. If they'll be seen in only one game, the obvious answer has to be the homecoming game against Michigan. Should Nebraska and Michigan both take care of business heading into that game, I think the whole new uniform thing adds even a little more intrigue to the match up.

I want it to be Fall...I want football back.

The obvious answer is Wisconsin, and we're wearing black jerseys so TM throws to the right color.

:devil

• Fire 1

Alright, so enough talk about what they are going to look like (personally I'm thinking there'll the color black somewhere in there) but I'm more interested in when they'll be debuted. If they'll be seen in only one game, the obvious answer has to be the homecoming game against Michigan. Should Nebraska and Michigan both take care of business heading into that game, I think the whole new uniform thing adds even a little more intrigue to the match up.

I want it to be Fall...I want football back.

The obvious answer is Wisconsin, and we're wearing black jerseys so TM throws to the right color.

:devil

I'm not even jokin...I'd love to see Nebraska wear some black! hehe

I'm well into my 40s, and I don't mind it at all. I look forward to seeing what they are, and I'll be fine so long as it's nothing obnoxious. "Obnoxious" would, in my opinion, include all black unis - all black is fine for schools that actually have black as a school color. I take Osborne at his word that they'll be reasonable, so I'm not worried about that.

I've never understood the angst that many, mostly older, fans have about uniform changes or one-off occasions. Things change.

I just hope they have knee-length socks :)

I agree! My favorite Nebraska uniforms of all time were the ones we wore back in 2001.

gpreseason-pigskin-crouch.jpg

Agreed, about 1000000000000000000000%. The '01s were gorgeous, and totally perfect. Minimal, clean striping, plain white pants, red socks. If there was ever to be one quintessential Nebraska look, this would absolutely be it.

• Fire 3

Please please please

6783299617_6692179b6a_m.jpg

also, the jersey should look like bibbers, complete with a corncob in one of the pockets.

I'm all for mixing it up, but I think I am in the majority when I say:

Get that pile of crap out of here.

Yeah...above all...don't do any kind of a tribute to the farmers, the economic supply of this state, not to mention the reason NU has the nickname it does. That'd be completely absurd. :rolleyes:

Futuristic but not outlandish?

review_foxrobot_1.jpg

Teams like Texas, Penn St, Michigan USC etc. that are the true blue bloods of college football do not need to do things like this for attention(for the record I feel we fall in this category).

Have you seen the silly unis TSUN has been sporting the past couple of years? The faux retro togs Ohio State has trotted out? Texas just released some horrible multi colored abominations. And now that Paterno is dead...just imagine what will eventually crop up in Happy Valley.