Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

They should make the uniform look like one giant corn stalk. There could be a cob on each arm and on the helmet.

you mean like this one?

6189507989_4bba77d2bf.jpg

:bad

oh come on this is a great idea Duke lol

Ha ha! Ok if we do go with this look then we might as well combine tradition with retro and call ourselves The Nebraska Cornhuskers-Bugeaters. :lol:

They should make the uniform look like one giant corn stalk. There could be a cob on each arm and on the helmet.

you mean like this one?

6189507989_4bba77d2bf.jpg

:bad

oh come on this is a great idea Duke lol

Ha ha! Ok if we do go with this look then we might as well combine tradition with retro and call ourselves The Nebraska Cornhuskers-Bugeaters. :lol:

Speaking of Bugeaters...here is what those Nebraska Bugeaters uniforms used to look like. I think Adidas will have it's hands full if they go down this route.

1894Huskers011.jpg

I think instead of just changing the color scheme or the placement of the stripes, or doing something "futuristic," we should keep the really basic red and white look, except that the jerseys should be poorly made, so that by the end of every game they're in tatters and our players look like warriors.

JeffKinney.jpg

I hope Adidas doesn't just give us a slightly modified version of Michigan's alternate last year. I don't want to see this version below but with an "N" instead of an "M" in different colors.

If we do this, I want some unique and only identifiable with Nebraska.

adidas-football-under-the-lights-michigan.jpg

Agree with what you're saying, but I REALLY like those Michigan uniforms. I would go so far as to say that they are the best alternate jersey made over the last 3 years (they look a little goofy, but that's because they are alternates and also throwbacks)

Put me down for the 1983 version, if we're going to use throwbacks. That was a badass look.

rozier.jpg

I don't think we're going to do anything like a throwback, though. "Futuristic" was the buzz word, and I bet they do something pretty nice-looking.

Interesting how similar they look conceptually to the 2001 uniforms which I agree with several others are the best in school history.

I think somthing like the 1929 uni's could be pretty cool. It's like the "N" is in kind of a superman type border. Or just make the superman border, tak the "S" out and replace it with an "N". That would be pretty c$%k.

That 1929 look was good, but 1902 was the best of them all. It almost has a futuristic quality to it.