Which clown SHOULD we have hired?

Turn the clock back 22 months. Who should it have been?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Turner is fairly happy up in Crete. (I love that town...)

In regards to what will/may happen to Callahan, I know it kills me but I honestly think we need to have a little more patience with him. This guy had MASSIVE shoes to fill (reference this very board) and it's going to take him more than a couple of seasons to grow into them. And permit me to remind everyone that (my hero) Dr. Tom was quite a bit more... animated in his earlier coaching years. Believe me, this hurts me tremendously and I have a feeling it may get worse yet. I bleed scarlet and cream in Buff country... <_<

I'm not saying there's no room for criticism, but let's try to avoid sticking his head on a pike just yet.

but maybe the only way to get a change made is to hope the team loses its next 2 games and finishes with a losing record again. Bring in a good coach with some young talent to work with and start to build the program up again.

How funny. BC is trying to install a brand new offense with none of the right core (juniors, seniors) players. That and the talent level in those classes is low, very low. So bring in a new coach that gets to reap the rewards of the 2005 class, and what the 2006 class is shaping up to be. Give the guy a chance already. If in 2006 we do not make a bowl I will be very pissed. If after 2007 we aren't taking care of business and ranked in the top 10-15 I will be on the new coach bandwagon. To call for his firing this early is rediculous.

If we have a another losing season this year ... I honestly don't know how long he will be coach. I think he should have the time but Husker Nation is just to spoiled. If we don't start winning in the near future ... I don't know what will happen. Also, I don't know if anyone would want this job, with all the expectations. The only people who would take this job is someone that has been with Nebraska football all their life, or atleast close to it.

Callahan isn't going to get fired anytime soon. Fans can continue to bitch and whine, but i know from someone within the Athletic Department that Pederson wont make any decisions on a fire or contract extension untill after the 2007 season.

After the 2007 season, if Callahan cant show improvement to win a Big12 title he's as good as gone. Plus 2007 will have given Callahan 3 full recruiting classes

Callahan isn't going to get fired anytime soon. Fans can continue to bitch and whine, but i know from someone within the Athletic Department that Pederson wont make any decisions on a fire or contract extension untill after the 2007 season.

After the 2007 season, if Callahan cant show improvement to win a Big12 title he's as good as gone. Plus 2007 will have given Callahan 3 full recruiting classes

I think he will be here at least through the 2006 season, however 2007 may be one of those meaningless years where he is going to be fired afterwards and ends up doing pretty well. I think after next year, it will be decided on if he stays of goes even though he may be here for 2007 he will be gone after that depending on next year.

Dennis Erickson??

God I hope you were kidding there. I just got done watching Dennis Erikson undo my 49ers in less than 15 months. Dennis Erikson is in my opinion, without question, the WORST coach in football. Seriously, take away one criminal filled year at Oregon State and the embarssment that he brought the University of Miami and what has he done. SUre they had good records, but their rep was shameful.

I am coming to terms that I was wrong about Callahan, but hiring that waste would be worse than keeping everyone.

Name: Don Carthel

Team: West Texas A&M University, D2 school.

Why?

Check out the facts:

1. This team won a total of 6 games in 2002, 03, and 04, and has been one of the worst college football teams AT ANY LEVEL over the last decade.

2. The previous coach was fired AT THE CONCLUSION OF SPRING BALL for inappropriate conduct.

3. Don Carthel was hired AFTER SPRING BALL, WITH NO RECRUITS. MANY OF THE TEAM QUIT.

4. The regular season ended Saturday, and West Texas A&M sits at 10-1, won the Lone Star Conference outright, and is the number 1 seed in the Southwest region going into the D2 playoffs.

THIS GUY'S THE REAL DEAL. SHOW ME ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT HAS THE STROKE HE DOES.

Name: Don Carthel

Team: West Texas A&M University, D2 school.

Why?

Check out the facts:

1. This team won a total of 6 games in 2002, 03, and 04, and has been one of the worst college football teams AT ANY LEVEL over the last decade.

2. The previous coach was fired AT THE CONCLUSION OF SPRING BALL for inappropriate conduct.

3. Don Carthel was hired AFTER SPRING BALL, WITH NO RECRUITS. MANY OF THE TEAM QUIT.

4. The regular season ended Saturday, and West Texas A&M sits at 10-1, won the Lone Star Conference outright, and is the number 1 seed in the Southwest region going into the D2 playoffs.

THIS GUY'S THE REAL DEAL. SHOW ME ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT HAS THE STROKE HE DOES.

I really think that this thread should be moved to another board......take it to yahoo or ..........well, who cares where it goes

Name:  Don Carthel

Team:  West Texas A&M University, D2 school.

Why?

Check out the facts:

1.  This team won a total of 6 games in 2002, 03, and 04, and has been one of the worst college football teams AT ANY LEVEL over the last decade.

2.  The previous coach was fired AT THE CONCLUSION OF SPRING BALL for inappropriate conduct.

3.  Don Carthel was hired AFTER SPRING BALL, WITH NO RECRUITS.  MANY OF THE TEAM QUIT.

4.  The regular season ended Saturday, and West Texas A&M sits at 10-1, won the Lone Star Conference outright, and is the number 1 seed in the Southwest region going into the D2 playoffs.

THIS GUY'S THE REAL DEAL.  SHOW ME ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT HAS THE STROKE HE DOES.

I really think that this thread should be moved to another board......take it to yahoo or ..........well, who cares where it goes

Did you read the title to his thread???

Armistead you should sober up before you reply to anyone...