Just when you thought I'd jumped the gun with the RB in 2013 thread, the off-season has caused me to do something horrible yet again..

After looking at the "which game are you looking forward to this year" thread, I looked at the 2013 schedule.

I am amazed that the first 4 conference games, we actually catch somewhat of a break and I don't see any reason why we couldn't win all 4. But the last half of the conference schedule is going to get a bit tougher. I can see us possibly going 7-1 in conference, losing to either Michigan or Penn St.

8/31 Wyoming

9/07 Southern Miss

9/14 UCLA

9/21 S. Dakota State

10/05 #Illinois Lincoln

10/12 #Purdue W. Lafayette

10/26 #Minnesota Minneapolis

11/02 #Northwestern Lincoln

11/09 #Michigan Ann Arbor

11/16 #Michigan State Lincoln

11/23 #Penn State State College

11/30 #Iowa Lincoln

No idea where Penn State will be, but Michigan will be without Robinson...likely with a Freshman/Sophomore starter.

The toughest game on here will be UCLA IMO. They'll be in year 2 of Mora - and there's always that big bump in year 2.

Gotta respectfully disagree forcefully...............Mora has nothing on his resume that would generate that kind of respect for him bringing a bunch of soft powder blue uclans into Memorial Stadium........

Michigan will be the Meechigan of old and will always be a handful for us.............

been looking forward to this schedule and 2014 since they were announced. Michigan will be by far our hardest game and like someone else mentioned they will be starting a new qb while we will have a senior. this should be a very good season for us and i could easily see 11-1 or 12-0. no koolaid thats just an easy schedule..

No idea where Penn State will be, but Michigan will be without Robinson...likely with a Freshman/Sophomore starter.

The toughest game on here will be UCLA IMO. They'll be in year 2 of Mora - and there's always that big bump in year 2.

Gotta respectfully disagree forcefully...............Mora has nothing on his resume that would generate that kind of respect for him bringing a bunch of soft powder blue uclans into Memorial Stadium........

Michigan will be the Meechigan of old and will always be a handful for us.............

Kind of like Bo and his staff...producing the #1 rated defense in year 2? Just a mediocre offense away from the BCS - and that was without UCLA's recruits. It's good this game is home.

2013 and 2014 set up great for us. However....

So let's see if I got this straght.

In 2011 and 2012: We get Ohio State, Wisconsin.

2013 and 2014: We get Illinois and Purdue.

The odd team out in all of this, besides Penn State becuause they are our cross-over rivalry, is Indiana.

So does that mean in 2015/2016, when it should be a return of @Wisconsin, vs., Ohio State, @ Penn State...Where do they plug in Indiana in that? How is it determined Ohio State or Wisconsin gets left off that schedule for room of Indiana? Are we switching to 9 conference games a year in 2015?

I don't doubt the B1G leadership/decision making, I guess I'm just confused and haven't heard exactly how it will be done.

In the Big XII, minus any cross over, you could always count on a mix of: Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Baylor every two years, followed up by another two years of Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State.

I'm sure they have it figured out but I have not stumbled across it yet.

2013 and 2014 set up great for us. However....

So let's see if I got this straght.

In 2011 and 2012: We get Ohio State, Wisconsin.

2013 and 2014: We get Illinois and Purdue.

The odd team out in all of this, besides Penn State becuause they are our cross-over rivalry, is Indiana.

So does that mean in 2015/2016, when it should be a return of @Wisconsin, vs., Ohio State, @ Penn State...Where do they plug in Indiana in that? How is it determined Ohio State or Wisconsin gets left off that schedule for room of Indiana? Are we switching to 9 conference games a year in 2015?

I don't doubt the B1G leadership/decision making, I guess I'm just confused and haven't heard exactly how it will be done.

In the Big XII, minus any cross over, you could always count on a mix of: Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Baylor every two years, followed up by another two years of Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State.

I'm sure they have it figured out but I have not stumbled across it yet.

We will be going to a 9 game conference schedule in 2017. So in 2015 we will have Indiana and either Ohio State or Wisconsin.

It all depends on if Ohio State or Wisconsin is your "A" team. First two years you get A and B. Then C and D (2013 and 2014). Then for 2015 and 2016 you will get E and A and for 2017 and 2018 you get B and C followed by D and E and then it starts over again.

Just look at it as a 10 year rotating schedule where the only thing you know for sure is that Indiana is your E team. You never know when things will change but that is the way it is set up for now.

We will be going to a 9 game conference schedule in 2017. So in 2015 we will have Indiana and either Ohio State or Wisconsin.

I thought that with the new agreement with the Pac 12 they were staying with 8 since they can't lock in 10 of the 12 games for a team without starting to run into financial issues due to number of home games. There was also concern that is would cause the teams to be completely locked out of ever realistically playing anyone of note from outside those 2 conferences.

I thought that with the new agreement with the Pac 12 they were staying with 8 since they can't lock in 10 of the 12 games for a team without starting to run into financial issues due to number of home games. There was also concern that is would cause the teams to be completely locked out of ever realistically playing anyone of note from outside those 2 conferences.

Very well could be. I didn't hear anything about that.

EDIT- Upon further reading, you are correct we are abandoning the ninth conference game.

Very well could be. I didn't hear anything about that.

EDIT- Upon further reading, you are correct we are abandoning the ninth conference game.

I'm glad. I hated it.

I could be wrong but Michigan got a 4/5 star QB out of California for 2013. Yes, he will be a Freshman but supposedly he is lights out QB.

So I guess NU visits to Bloomington Indiana are going to be few and far between. Bloomington is the closest B10 site to me and it is easy to get tickets there.