Dr. Tom and Bo responsible for increased drug use by Nebraska youth

IMG_6049_large.png

kids taking the No-Drugs pledge at halftime of last year's Spring Game.

Nebraska Youth Free To Do All The Drugs, Alcohol They Want

by Cobby on Apr 16, 2012 8:41 AM CDT in Cobby - Humor www.cornnation.com

Every year thousands of Nebraska youth take the field at halftime of the annual spring game to take a pledge to say "NO!" to drugs, alcohol and tobacco. The pledge urges them to believe

On my honor

as a responsible student,

I pledge not to use

drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.

I believe I can lead a better life

by staying drug free

and I further pledge

to encourage friends

not to use drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.

I am strong enough

to say "NO!"

With this year's spring game cancellation, parents across Nebraska are worried that their children will no longer be held accountable by the pledge and therefore free to do all the alcohol, drugs, and tobacco they want.

LINK

:lol:

i took this pledge several times in my youth............... It didnt stop me

But think how much worse it would've been if you *hadn't* taken the pledge. You would probably be mainlining heroin. Or living in a meth trailer in Mizzou. :lol:

• Fire 5

"Holy sh#t, it's going to be 'Katy bar the door' time at St. E's emergency room", stated Terry Swanson, who has been an intensive care nurse at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Lincoln the past 15 years. "We've known for years that when some kid freakin' out due to an overdose that he was one of those whose parents never took him to the spring game."

Pretty much the whole state of Nebraska is ruined because of the canceled spring game. Way to go Dr. Tom and Bo. Way to go.

Lynn Wetzel wondered if her son Timmy would make it through the year alive. "Every year we go to the spring game, and every year we watch to make sure he's saying the words and not just mouthing them and crossing his fingers like most of those other hoodlums. God, I wonder what we'll do now....", she said with tears welling up in her eyes.

I wonder how much the crime rate in Nebraska will go up due to this????