Having kids. . .

I have wrestled with this with quite some time. I have decided that I don't want to have kids the "old fashioned way." Now down the road if I meet a great lady who has children from another relationship I might have to reevaluate my thoughts.

It does make it tough to meet women who have no children. Thoughts?

I guess it somewhat depends on why you don't want kids. Also, you don't want kids "the old fashioned way?" Do you want to steal them?

I want kids because my parents were awesome and I want to be similarly awesome, by producing kids who turn out to be awesome.

It would just be a never ending cycle of awesome, and the first step towards world domination.

• Fire 1

I guess it somewhat depends on why you don't want kids. Also, you don't want kids "the old fashioned way?" Do you want to steal them?

I want kids because my parents were awesome and I want to be similarly awesome, by producing kids who turn out to be awesome.

It would just be a never ending cycle of awesome, and the first step towards world domination.

Kids, the "old fashion way" is through pregnacy. I was thinking of adoption, or marrying a woman who has kids from a prior relationship.

I dont have to listen to you!! You're not my real Dad!!!

This seems like a popular quote in the stepfather/stepchild relationship :D

All kidding aside, its all about what you want, if kids don't fit into your plan, surprisingly there are plenty of women out there that have the same plan.

Well, stealing would be easier (and significantly cheaper).

Just don't shoot and kill somebody like this lady did.

Verna McClain, who is accused of shooting Kala Golden outside a suburban Houston pediatric center last week and abducting her 3-day-old son, will remain jailed after a judge denied her bond at the hearing. The boy was later found safe.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1448458.html

First off, I'd never say never. My wife and I began our relationship convinced that neither of us wanted kids. She was the first person that I had any sort of relationship with that shared my wish to not have kids. As time went by, however, we both gradually came around to the idea. We were together for nearly 13 years and married for 9 before we had our first daughter. We now have two girls aged 2.5 years and 3 months. I'm well into my 40's, though my wife is almost 7 years younger than me. I feel like waiting until later to have the kids was definitely the right move for us. I can't imagine having kids when I was younger. I was too focused on other stuff, although now I can't imagine not having my girls in my life.

Before meeting my wife, I had several relationships, long and short term, but inevitably one thing or another ended them. Usually, it was some combination of my atheism, my politics or not wanting kids. The no kids thing seemed to feature more prominently than the others in every break up. My advice on that front is that if you're serious about not wanting kids of your own (at least for now), don't get involved with a woman that does because it will inevitably become an issue. For me, the only time that it wasn't was when I was involved with a woman that had a 4 year old and didn't want any more kids. I was pretty crazy about her at the time, so I was willing to try to work around the kid issue. She had full custody, so it still seemed very much like I had a kid to worry about all the time in that we couldn't just up and go do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted. That didn't last long.

just curious, why dont you want to go the pregnancy route? dont wanna deal with a preggo wife?

That was not directed towards me was it? I'm not in a committed relationship right now.

that was directed at you. was not meaning to imply that you are in a relationship. was just wondering why you dont want kids from pregnancy? basically what is the difference between that and meeting someone that already has them? the only thing i could think of was that you didnt want to deal with a pregnant person...