ESPN Preseason Top-25

QMany

Florida State...I just don't get it. They are ranked high every. single. year. And they are mediocre every. single. year. Please, just stop it already. They play in an absolutely pathetic conference, and can never get more than 9 wins in it. 9 wins is not worthy of a top 10 ranking. 25 teams from the "Big 6" won at least 9 games last year. 9 wins has become pretty average.

USC is going to win f'ing everything this year though.

oh-no-you-didn-t-white_design.png

We need a dictionary for some folks apparently....

Okay then, it is hardly above average. I did a count and it is 19 teams with at least 10 wins, 4 teams with 9 wins, and 43 with less in the 6 BCS conferences. 9 wins is no spectacle anymore.

But it's not average.

Florida State...I just don't get it. They are ranked high every. single. year. And they are mediocre every. single. year. Please, just stop it already. They play in an absolutely pathetic conference, and can never get more than 9 wins in it. 9 wins is not worthy of a top 10 ranking. 25 teams from the "Big 6" won at least 9 games last year. 9 wins has become pretty average.

USC is going to win f'ing everything this year though.

oh-no-you-didn-t-white_design.png

We need a dictionary for some folks apparently....

Okay then, it is hardly above average. I did a count and it is 19 teams with at least 10 wins, 4 teams with 9 wins, and 43 with less in the 6 BCS conferences. 9 wins is no spectacle anymore.

But it's not average.

The girlfriend tells me the same thing. I don't believe her either...

After reading the thread I have several thoughts.

-The "too damn high" poster was very funny.

-Y'all shouldn't consider arky a contender, they will not do as well without Petrino. He was necessary to their success.

-Florida State, UGA, and TCU are over ranked.

-Gamecocks at #8 is fair, I hope we can live up to the hype. We have 5 games scheduled against pre-season Top 25 teams.

-Finally, USCw has no shot at knocking off the SEC this year in the Championship, for several reasons: Lame Kitten is a bad coach, his programs fall apart, USC will lose 1or2 of 3 games played against Oregon, Washington, and Utah, the reduction in scholarships they've had will hurt their depth as the season progresses, and finally, the SEC is the SEC, everybody's looking up and nobody has beat them in the BCSCG over 6 years. It was getting so bad that we had to start sending 2 of our SEC teams to the BCSCG. With the strength of schedule mattering so much to the BCS, a 1 loss SEC team will be taken over a 1 loss USCw team.

-The "too damn high" poster was very funny.

-Y'all shouldn't consider arky a contender, they will not do as well without Petrino. He was necessary to their success.

-Florida State, UGA, and TCU are over ranked.

-Gamecocks at #8 is fair, I hope we can live up to the hype. We have 5 games scheduled against pre-season Top 25 teams.

-Finally, USCw has no shot at knocking off the SEC this year in the Championship, for several reasons: Lame Kitten is a bad coach, his programs fall apart, USC will lose 1or2 of 3 games played against Oregon, Washington, and Utah, the reduction in scholarships they've had will hurt their depth as the season progresses, and finally, the SEC is the SEC, everybody's looking up and nobody has beat them in the BCSCG over 6 years. It was getting so bad that we had to start sending 2 of our SEC teams to the BCSCG. With the strength of schedule mattering so much to the BCS, a 1 loss SEC team will be taken over a 1 loss USCw team.

Going 10-2 with a team that was under a litany of sanctions and had nothing to play for has got to be a challenge.

He's actually a pretty good coach. Enough so that Barkley turned down millions to come back and play for him.

-Finally, USCw has no shot at knocking off the SEC this year in the Championship, for several reasons: Lame Kitten is a bad coach,

Going 10-2 with a team that was under a litany of sanctions and had nothing to play for has got to be a challenge.

He's actually a pretty good coach. Enough so that Barkley turned down millions to come back and play for him.

As the late great Colonel Sanders once said, "I'm too drunk to taste that chicken." Seriously, Kitten is not a good coach. Under his watch at USCw they had all of the Bush drama, recruiting violations, and overall program problems. Carroll made USCw relevant again, not Kitten. Kitten went to Tennessee to be the hero from a ailing Fulmer dynsasty...but instead he lit that program on fire with sanctions, violations, whoring (have y'all even seen the recruiting hostess pic.'s?) and he ran out of town in the middle of the night the DAY BEFORE his early enrollee recruits were supposed to report to campus. Now he's playing in a pitifully weak PAC12 and can't win out. Kitten is not a good coach, he might know a little about X's and O's, but he doesn't no jack about leadership or integrity.

As far Barkley staying in So Cal...he saw all of the other QB's coming off and knew he might not end up a Top 10 let alone a 1st round QB. He's staying to improve his stock, and lets face it...they're probably paying him to stay...that's USCw's thing. (they're still doing it, and they're not the only ones, look at the Marc Tyler TMZ video.)

Okay, look, Kiffen is a really poor coach. They run an offense that is easy to stop IF you have the players to match up which will be the key. The WCO is about as predictable as one hot girl wearing a tank top getting mad at another hot girl wearing a tank top and calling her a slut for wearing a tank top.

Now, The Trojans don't play anyone so they should be just fine.

Next. The Gamecocks, you have got to be kidding me if you think that is the 8th best team, they had their best team ever last year and lost twice. Next

Okay, look, Kiffen is a really poor coach. They run an offense that is easy to stop IF you have the players to match up which will be the key. The WCO is about as predictable as one hot girl wearing a tank top getting mad at another hot girl wearing a tank top and calling her a slut for wearing a tank top.

Next. The Gamecocks, you have got to be kidding me if you think that is the 8th best team, they had their best team ever last year and lost twice. Next

Heisman contending running back on offense, number one recruit on defense...national championship winning coach...yea what a joke.

I did a little digging and here is the 2011 preseason poll compared to the 2011 post season reality. Very interesting! They were only right about 2 of the 25 teams! How they have Nebraska at 17 is beyond me. I love our Huskers just as much as the next fan but I think 17th is too high. I mean, we had Dennard and David last year and ended up ranked 24th by the end of the year. This year we don't have them or Crick or our other good players and yet we're ranked at 17th? I think I asked this last year but what formula do they use to rank these teams?

2011 Pre-Season Ranking/2011 Post Season Ranking (Post Season AP Top 25)

1-Oklahoma/16

2-Alabama/1

3-LSU/2

4-Oregon/4

5-Florida State/23

6-Boise State/8

7-Stanford/7

8-Texas A&M/Unranked

9-Okie State/3

10-Arkansas/5

11-Wiscy/10

12-South Carolina/9

13-Nebraska/24

14-Virginia Tech/21

15-Notre Dame/Unranked

16-TCU/14

17-Michigan State/11

18-Ohio State/Unranked

19-West Virginia/17

20-Georgia/19

21-Arizona State/Unranked

22-Texass/Unranked

23-Mississippi State/Unranked

24-Missouri/Unranked

25-USC/6

• Fire 1

Heisman contending running back on offense, number one recruit on defense...national championship winning coach...yea what a joke.

But not with SC. Just sayin'. They ended 2011 as the 9th ranked team so if all of their players come back 8th isn't such a long shot.

I did a little digging and here is the 2011 preseason poll compared to the 2011 post season reality. Very interesting! They were only right about 2 of the 25 teams! How they have Nebraska at 17 is beyond me. I love our Huskers just as much as the next fan but I think 17th is too high. I mean, we had Dennard and David last year and ended up ranked 24th by the end of the year. This year we don't have them or Crick or our other good players and yet we're ranked at 17th? I think I asked this last year but what formula do they use to rank these teams?

1-Oklahoma/16

2-Alabama/1

3-LSU/2

4-Oregon/4

5-Florida State/23

6-Boise State/8

7-Stanford/7

8-Texas A&M/Unranked

9-Okie State/3

10-Arkansas/5

11-Wiscy/10

12-South Carolina/9

13-Nebraska/24

14-Virginia Tech/21

15-Notre Dame/Unranked

16-TCU/14

17-Michigan State/11

18-Ohio State/Unranked

19-West Virginia/17

20-Georgia/19

22-Texass/Unranked

24-Missouri/Unranked

25-USC/6

It's hard to get a team dead on but they were pretty close with several teams...within one or two spots at least...TCU, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Alabama, LSU, West Virginia and Boise...add that to the teams they were correct about and its actually pretty impressive, nearly half of the teams were correct. Not that it matters, Preseason polls shouldn't be taken to predict anything, they're really quite pointless...

...and which "SC" did you mean? To me, though not to most of the country, SC and USC mean South Carolina, which does have a National Championship winning coach.

1-Oklahoma/16

2-Alabama/1

3-LSU/2

4-Oregon/4

5-Florida State/23

6-Boise State/8

7-Stanford/7

8-Texas A&M/Unranked

9-Okie State/3

10-Arkansas/5

11-Wiscy/10

12-South Carolina/9

13-Nebraska/24

14-Virginia Tech/21

15-Notre Dame/Unranked

16-TCU/14

17-Michigan State/11

18-Ohio State/Unranked

19-West Virginia/17

20-Georgia/19

22-Texass/Unranked

24-Missouri/Unranked

25-USC/6

It's hard to get a team dead on but they were pretty close with several teams...within one or two spots at least...TCU, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Alabama, LSU, West Virginia and Boise...add that to the teams they were correct about and its actually pretty impressive, nearly half of the teams were correct. Not that it matters, Preseason polls shouldn't be taken to predict anything, they're really quite pointless...

...and which "SC" did you mean? To me, though not to most of the country, SC and USC mean South Carolina, which does have a National Championship winning coach.

I guess I looked more at the teams that they missed by a long shot on. Notre Dame? Puhleeze! I agree with you that these polls are pointless. Gets us to read them and comment which is ok since we have so long to wait until the first game.

I did mean South Carolina. When did they last win the National Championship? No doubt that the Old Man is a national championship coach but when did he win a national championship with South Carolina? (Sorry, I just don't remember that.)

1-Oklahoma/16

2-Alabama/1

3-LSU/2

4-Oregon/4

5-Florida State/23

6-Boise State/8

7-Stanford/7

8-Texas A&M/Unranked

9-Okie State/3

10-Arkansas/5

11-Wiscy/10

12-South Carolina/9

13-Nebraska/24

14-Virginia Tech/21

15-Notre Dame/Unranked

16-TCU/14

17-Michigan State/11

18-Ohio State/Unranked

19-West Virginia/17

20-Georgia/19

22-Texass/Unranked

24-Missouri/Unranked

25-USC/6

I guess I looked more at the teams that they missed by a long shot on. Notre Dame? Puhleeze! I agree with you that these polls are pointless. Gets us to read them and comment which is ok since we have so long to wait until the first game.

I did mean South Carolina. When did they last win the National Championship? No doubt that the Old Man is a national championship coach but when did he win a national championship with South Carolina? (Sorry, I just don't remember that.)

"National Championship winning coach" means a coach that has won a national championship, which tOBC did in 1996.

1-Oklahoma/16

2-Alabama/1

3-LSU/2

4-Oregon/4

5-Florida State/23

6-Boise State/8

7-Stanford/7

8-Texas A&M/Unranked

9-Okie State/3

10-Arkansas/5

11-Wiscy/10

12-South Carolina/9

13-Nebraska/24

14-Virginia Tech/21

15-Notre Dame/Unranked

16-TCU/14

17-Michigan State/11

18-Ohio State/Unranked

19-West Virginia/17

20-Georgia/19

22-Texass/Unranked

24-Missouri/Unranked

25-USC/6

"National Championship winning coach" means a coach that has won a national championship, which tOBC did in 1996.

Ah! I took it to mean that Spurrier won while coaching at South Carolina.

-Finally, USCw has no shot at knocking off the SEC this year in the Championship, for several reasons: Lame Kitten is a bad coach,

As the late great Colonel Sanders once said, "I'm too drunk to taste that chicken." Seriously, Kitten is not a good coach. Under his watch at USCw they had all of the Bush drama, recruiting violations, and overall program problems. Carroll made USCw relevant again, not Kitten. Kitten went to Tennessee to be the hero from a ailing Fulmer dynsasty...but instead he lit that program on fire with sanctions, violations, whoring (have y'all even seen the recruiting hostess pic.'s?) and he ran out of town in the middle of the night the DAY BEFORE his early enrollee recruits were supposed to report to campus. Now he's playing in a pitifully weak PAC12 and can't win out. Kitten is not a good coach, he might know a little about X's and O's, but he doesn't no jack about leadership or integrity.

As far Barkley staying in So Cal...he saw all of the other QB's coming off and knew he might not end up a Top 10 let alone a 1st round QB. He's staying to improve his stock, and lets face it...they're probably paying him to stay...that's USCw's thing. (they're still doing it, and they're not the only ones, look at the Marc Tyler TMZ video.)

i hate USC but they are usally good to choke a game a year at least

What...? :confucius