The Adam Emmenecker Challenge

So going off knapp's food list, this is a beast. If you watch Man vs Food, he went to Des Moines and took this monster on. Here is a pick

jethrosemmenecker.jpg

Here is a clip from the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwebU0OjRA0

Anyways I was in Des Moines over the weekend, so I figure, well in When in Rome, and went for it. Didn't do the challenge, because I personally believe there is no way in hell a human can down all this in 15 minutes, so just ordered the sandwich.

Knocked out probably 70% of the MOFO. All I can say it was so glorious for the first 15 minutes when the melted cheese was still hot and then the struggles began.

Sidenote, I didn't crap this out until Sunday evening. Even after dumping an ungodly amount of Silver YumYums(Coors Light) on it.

I would do it again in a heartbeat. The restaurant(Jethros) actually has an awesome looking menu.

I find it hard to believe that only 2 fat Iowegians were able to eat the whole thing.

Edit:

I just read the episode recap and saw that he went to the High Life Lounge in DM. My buddy took me there last time I was in town. The place was infested with hipsters. It was gross.

I can't imagine picking that thing up. Didn't it just fall apart?

I cut it in half. With the 10 inch skewer in it it stayed together pretty well. The brisket is what would fall off a lot. It took about three bites before finally getting to the bun. Towards the end it was taking pieces of brisket and tenderloin and putting them between two waffle fries. I'd venture it was probably four lbs of sandwich.

It was $25 and I was expecting it to cost more.

Oh, and you get an 85 pound waitress to talk sh#t to you the whole time you are eating.

Oh, and you get an 85 pound waitress to talk sh#t to you the whole time you are eating.

This is sounding better and better. Does she know CPR so when I have my heart attack after eating that thing, she can resuscitate me?

I don't know about the CPR, but the tables on both sides made a crack about an ambulance and a heart attack.

That looks like a fantastic sandwich. I see the brisket on that sandwich if you guys are ever in KC and want BBQ go to Aurthur Bryants. Fantastic BBQ and there is always when you walk in the door "HOW MAY I HELP YOU?". Plus he was the man that invented BBQ, KC is the proud home of BBQ capital in the US!