So....we're one of the worst teams, in one of the worst conferences in the country?

I didn't say we don't have talent. I said it's not self-evident that we have "a lot of talent."

OK, so we're ranked 14th in the country at the plate. That's fantastic.

We're also ranked 123rd in ERA. That's not so fantastic.

We can cherry-pick stats to prove a point, I'm sure. But the reality is, talented or not, this team has a lot of work to do. That's why I'm not so upset that we're struggling to earn a Big Ten tourney berth after all the talk about dominating the Big Ten. We haven't proven to be a top-tier team yet.

I've gone to more games this year than the last five years combined, and I'll probably go to an equal number of games next year. I'm supporting this team... I'm just not sold on how great it is yet. But I don't doubt we can get there.

The pitching is pathetic, I haven't said that it isn't. I really don't understand what you're trying to argue, because you're saying pretty much the exact same thing I am, except that you're not surprised we are struggling to qualify for the Big Ten tourney. Plain and simple the Big Ten isn't very good. The fact that we are in the bottom half of it is pretty pathetic. Yes, we have to see what is going to happen over the next few years, but we have to pray no one leaves early, or we could see it get even worse.

I didn't say we don't have talent. I said it's not self-evident that we have "a lot of talent."

We can cherry-pick stats to prove a point, I'm sure. But the reality is, talented or not, this team has a lot of work to do. That's why I'm not so upset that we're struggling to earn a Big Ten tourney berth after all the talk about dominating the Big Ten. We haven't proven to be a top-tier team yet.

I've gone to more games this year than the last five years combined, and I'll probably go to an equal number of games next year. I'm supporting this team... I'm just not sold on how great it is yet. But I don't doubt we can get there.

The pitching is pathetic, I haven't said that it isn't. I really don't understand what you're trying to argue, because you're saying pretty much the exact same thing I am, except that you're not surprised we are struggling to qualify for the Big Ten tourney. Plain and simple the Big Ten isn't very good. The fact that we are in the bottom half of it is pretty pathetic. Yes, we have to see what is going to happen over the next few years, but we have to pray no one leaves early, or we could see it get even worse.

Funny thing. I was thinking about this thread yesterday and how I hadn't come back to it since these couple of posts I made, and how they make it seem like I'm more down on this team than I really am. I think this is a good Husker team. Not great, not really good, but good. I agree that the pitching is woeful, but hopefully we're getting some things figured out. I have high hopes for this team in the upcoming years. I'm just ultra-cautious, I guess.

I don't think I'm really arguing with you. More thinking out loud, at you.

I think it's funny that when after this team sweeps a decent Minnesota team, and is in need of some much deserved credit for coming back after last week when things looked bleak, that goobercules and havoc are nowhere to be found. They are nothing more than trolls in my eyes.

I think it's hilarious how you obviously have no idea. Maybe you should head over to the huskers vs gophers game thread and see where my post is. Oh wait, 15 hours before your post came. I apologize that some of us actually can't get on here every second of every day. I was busy all weekend with work, my brothers baseball, a wedding, and more work..didn't think I needed to justify that, but apparently you need to know my every step.. I followed most of the games, and I made my impression over there. If you REALLY think I'm a troll, LOL. Yes, yes, I am a troll. I would LOVE to see that support. But yea, I'm absolutely nowhere to be found. Freaking Joke.

Funny thing. I was thinking about this thread yesterday and how I hadn't come back to it since these couple of posts I made, and how they make it seem like I'm more down on this team than I really am. I think this is a good Husker team. Not great, not really good, but good. I agree that the pitching is woeful, but hopefully we're getting some things figured out. I have high hopes for this team in the upcoming years. I'm just ultra-cautious, I guess.

I don't think I'm really arguing with you. More thinking out loud, at you.

Fair enough, I was just confused... We were saying a lot of the same thing... The team is hitting the ball well, best since the Gordon/Gerch days...

I see that now. I will be man enough to apologize for involving you in such hypocrisy. I have hence edited that post to clearly remove your name from such wrong doing. And your post counts clearly suggests you are not a troll. Overwhelming negativity drives me nuts. I'm a sunshine pumper. Cant help it. When people have nothing but bad things to say, I go overboard on the responses. Speak before I think. When the other one can find a way to say something good, I'll apologize to him too.

Do you actually have something of substance to bring to the conversation? I'm pretty sure I don't see if if you do. Because I said from the get go that we weren't going to be an NCAA tourney team and I said that I was not required to get my hopes up and drink the koolaid that you and others were drinking with this team makes me someone that sh*ts on everyone? If so, oh well, I guess that's gonna be the way it is. I'm sorry that I had an objective lookout from the get go and saw this team as one that would not be in the NCAAs.

I haven't 'tapdanced' around any issue. I've answered everything you've asked. You completely ignored my response to you. Seems like I'm definitely the one ignoring things I don't want to respond to though, huh?

LOL, so you're the sole arbiter of whether or not something brings 'value' or 'substance' to a conversation? Hardly, and by your history, you'd do a piss-poor job at it.

All you've said is how s***y this team is and how there is no hope they'd make the post-season--there's a difference between being a pragmatist and your posting, and all you've done is nay say anyone that doesn't agree with your point of view. Granted, you were consistent with your nay-saying, but you were also consistently a d**k in how it came across, and it gets old, fast.

And I'm sorry that I didn't respond sooner your post, Havok--too busy living life. And frankly, it speaks volumes about you that you need to determine your self-worth by how one responds to you on a message board.

Do you actually have something of substance to bring to the conversation? I'm pretty sure I don't see if if you do. Because I said from the get go that we weren't going to be an NCAA tourney team and I said that I was not required to get my hopes up and drink the koolaid that you and others were drinking with this team makes me someone that sh*ts on everyone? If so, oh well, I guess that's gonna be the way it is. I'm sorry that I had an objective lookout from the get go and saw this team as one that would not be in the NCAAs.

I haven't 'tapdanced' around any issue. I've answered everything you've asked. You completely ignored my response to you. Seems like I'm definitely the one ignoring things I don't want to respond to though, huh?

LOL, so you're the sole arbiter of whether or not something brings 'value' or 'substance' to a conversation? Hardly, and by your history, you'd do a piss-poor job at it.

All you've said is how s***y this team is and how there is no hope they'd make the post-season--there's a difference between being a pragmatist and your posting, and all you've done is nay say anyone that doesn't agree with your point of view. Granted, you were consistent with your nay-saying, but you were also consistently a d**k in how it came across, and it gets old, fast.

And I'm sorry that I didn't respond sooner your post, Havok--too busy living life. And frankly, it speaks volumes about you that you need to determine your self-worth by how one responds to you on a message board.

No, you're posts are a joke. Plain and simple. If I'm not talking about how great the team is or how they are going to make the tournament without winning the conference tourney, I'm pissing on them.. If that's the case, whatever. Then yes, I do. Sorry, again, that I look at it more objectively. I really DON'T just talk crap about the team. I would love for you to go back through the seasons posts and read the props that I have given this team up and down about how they have outperformed my expectations from the get go. Of course, I thought they were going to be pretty bad all around, and they aren't completely. I've owned up to that multiple times in different threads. However, the pitching is pathetic, I'd love for you to make a logical argument against that point. After all, that's what I'm bashing.

As far as bringing value, the post that I quoted from you brought nothing. You accused me of 'tap-dancing' around an issue while you didn't answer the question that was asked of you. It seems pretty obvious that that had no substance to it. Then again, I'm sure you bashing me is substance, but me talking about the downfalls of the team, in the correct forum, isn't substance, right?

Finally, I said nothing about when or where you respond. You don't have to respond at all for all I care. However, if you're going to respond, don't do it with a brutally hypocritical response. Again, I'm still waiting to see how all I do is bash on everyone that is a sunshine pumper. All I've ever done to you is given you factual evidence on why we wouldn't make the NCAAs without the auto bid. You can disagree with me all you want, but bring something other than your opinion into that conversation, please.