*** HuskerBoard Consensus Top 25 - Spring Edition ***

Speaking of the "blue bloods," and the team that is most-often decried as being overranked by the pundits, Notre Dame finished out of our Top 25 and was only ranked by half of our voters. That's despite the fact that they've finished within one or two wins of Nebraska each of the past four years, while playing a tougher SOS (by some, not terribly much) in at least a couple of those years.

Yet Nebraska is ranked 15th. Notre Dame would be 28th, if we pulled our ranking out to the Top 30.

Interesting.

some people around the country would say that nebraska is one of those blue bloods that is constantly overranked every season..... ;)

And there is no possible way people on this board would give ND love and play down NE as a whole. The thing I think we are likely to see more love to NE (obviously) and a little bias against teams that NE fans dont care for. Which really is nothing new or surprising. Something tells me if a ksu board did this that the cats would be higher than on others and both ne and mu would find themselves lower on the list

No, you're not being sensitive. I knew when I ranked Missouri that I probably under-ranked them. However, the injury to Franklin throws Mizzou's season up in the air IMVHO, and I'm woefully underinformed about his backups.

Your right to have that thought. I am under the impression that his recovery is ahead and he will play. If he doesnt all things change. His back up is a RS FR and was just arrested and indef. suspended. There is no guarentee he will even be on the team in the fall. The others are a RS JR who is not at a caliber to win many games and an incoming FR who has yet to get to Columbia. Everything is riding on Franklin being and staying healthy.

Mine was where I think each team is right now, based on last year's finish and what I know of returning players.

which begs the question, do you really believe that MU is not one of the top 30 teams and is behind teams like Iowa St? A team they beat 52-17 last season. Because you know that Mu finished at #26, return the majority of their main players, have a favoriable home slate and of the 5 games they lost last year, all were to ranked teams with 4 coming on the road. Three of those were within one score and MU had multiple costly mistakes in each with a soph QB. The other two were by 10 to then #1 OU on the road and by 21 to the #6 OSU in a mistake filled game where we turned the ball over 4 times, once deep in our territory setting up a OSU score,2 more around the OSU 30 when driving and again inside the OSU 5.

but then again....Im just a sensitive Mizzou fan ;):P

The bolded part is really key here. If I had known that before, they'd probably be in there. I didn't do any real research. I basically went off the top of my head.

***Edit: Basically, it wasn't an intentional slight against Mizzou. It's just me being underinformed, that's all.

The bolded part is really key here. If I had known that before, they'd probably be in there. I didn't do any real research. I basically went off the top of my head.

***Edit: Basically, it wasn't an intentional slight against Mizzou. It's just me being underinformed, that's all.

Its no biggie. I was just razzing you buddy. I just happened to remember iowa state being on your list. :D

I went with how I think the season could turn out, based on what I know of each team. I know USC, is supposed to be the next "Greatest Team", but we've all seen that before, and USC routinely loses 2-3 games a year they have no business losing. I don't think they'll lose more than two this year, but I don't see them as the team everyone else is falling over.

I think Texas is ranked too low, too. I can't imagine they'll be that bad again with all the ridiculous talent they have.

Of course, I only ranked them three spots higher than they ended up, so it's easy to say, I guess.

Did you see where I ranked them? I think they are going to be pretty good this year...and my ranking for them is based off of where I think they could finish...which I probably should not have done, since I did preseason rankings for everyone else.

I find it interesting that a Big Ten team's message board has a top ten consisting of:

Four SEC teams

Three Big XII teams

Two PAC-12 teams

And just one Big Ten team.

I gotta say, I was a little suprised there wasnt more love given to the big10 from the board.

• 3 months later...

I find it interesting that a Big Ten team's message board has a top ten consisting of:

Four SEC teams

Three Big XII teams

Two PAC-12 teams

And just one Big Ten team.

I gotta say, I was a little suprised there wasnt more love given to the big10 from the board.

Well, it'd be pretty tough to objectively make a Top 10 and include more than one B1G team, given losses sustained by the more elite programs.