Who would you rather have?

Turner for the all-around talent. Don't forget he directed the most prolific offenses we have ever had. Frazier of course, wouldn't be bad, but we do pass more than in those days. No way for Ganzy, sorry!

Rex and Lavonte easily for their character. Or more accurately, cross out Phillips and Farley for their off-the-field issues.

Osborne managed to handle them in the mid-90s run recently, but no way do I ever want potential powder kegs like that on the roster. Every team needs a few guys like Rex and Lavonte.

Frazier- it would be a sight to see him running out of the diamond

Rex- he is a very talented and one heck of a leader. i think sometimes people take for granted what a leader really brings to a team

David- he set the single season tackle record his first year in lincoln and then followed it up with another stellar season last year, plus he had a knack for coming up with big plays when we needed them

also could you imagine bo dealing with lp and farley? he would either die from head combustion or kick them off the team

I'm gonna go with:

QB: Turner Gill

RB: Lawrence Phillips

LB: Terrell Farley

Tough choice between LP and Burkhead. All the talent in the world with zero character (LP) vs. a very talented RB with stellar character (Rex). I'm banking on choirboy man of character, Turner Gill to help keep LP in line. With those two we'd end up on the front page of every sporting publication. Either as national champions or due to some childish LP scandal.

There fixed it for you! Sheesh! How insulting can you get! I'm sorry but Turner Gill was an exceptional player and an exceptional young man on and off the field. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Don't get your pantyhose all up in a bunch Lady. The reasons you list are the reasons I picked Gill over Tommie. And since when is being a choirboy a *bad* thing? fyi, I sing in our church choir.

/edit: And just so you know, Turner wasn't a total choirboy in college. I've heard rumors of some wild times he had. Nothing criminal or anything. But about what you'd expect of a 19 year old college guy frequenting the parties of Abel.

Hey hey hey! Leave my pantyhose alone! ;) Ok, you're off the hook but watch it! (By the way-do you sing tenor? bass? I sing alto!)

I'd take Frazier in a heartbeat. People bashing Frazier passing ability always baffled me. He throws a pretty damn good ball. Great decision maker too. His vocal leadership, and no nonsense attitude is exactly what this team needs. That way when things go wrong, instead of hanging your heads and quitting like a bunch of bitches, Frazier would rally them up and make them keep playing. (Frazier probably my favorite Husker of all time)

Tough to take LP over Burkhead because I really respect Rex for his leadership and his talent. So you know what, I'm not gonna take LP over him. LP had it all, and he chose to f#*k it up. Burkhead gets the nod here. I wish he was a bit more vocal, maybe a bit more attitude on and off the field but hey, sometimes it's not in a guys DNA.. He sure does a lot of great things though. He's a role model, a good teammate, and that's more than you could say about LP.

I got to take Farley over Lavonte. Even though Lavonte was great, Farley was "THE GREATEST". I put in the old game tapes, and there he is every single game with a huge play. David had some big ones too, but Farley made some HUGE plays and he made them all the time. The guy is one of the best athletes ever at Nebraska and one of the greatest ball hawk's ever.

I have to disagree with the first one. Although Frazier was a freak and ran the offense of his team better than anyone before or after him, he could not throw worth a dam. He may have had a few good ones but the majority were thrown right at the feet of the recievers.

Gill. Like another coach on the field. Was a true duel threat and did each equally well. I think Gill would be adaptable across any offense where Tommie was definitely suited to a run based power offense. I think Gill would do well in today's offense. Very well. (Ganz was a good QB but not in the same league)

This is getting harder. L.P. I guess. Hard to pass up game breaking ability. This offense has been a bit sporadic, they could use a guy who can score at anytime. (Big risk/reward here)

I am going with David on this one. Tackle machine who can make plays. He's more consistent than Farley from game to game. Not a risk.

• Fire 1

So my co-workers and I have been having a discussion the past few days and all have our opinions. So I thought I would post here to get everyone's feelings on this.

Here's the deal: Who would you rather have on this team right now if we could. Only choose one for each position:

Quarterback:

Tommie Frazier

Joe Ganz

Turner Gill

Running Back:

Rex Burkhead

Lawrence Phillips

Linebacker:

Lavonte David

Terrell Farley

Quarterback:

Tommie Frazier

Running Back:

Rex Burkhead

Linebacker:

Lavonte David

So my co-workers and I have been having a discussion the past few days and all have our opinions. So I thought I would post here to get everyone's feelings on this.

Here's the deal: Who would you rather have on this team right now if we could. Only choose one for each position:

Quarterback:

Tommie Frazier

Joe Ganz

Turner Gill

Running Back:

Rex Burkhead

Lawrence Phillips

Linebacker:

Lavonte David

Terrell Farley

Quarterback:

Tommie Frazier

Running Back:

Rex Burkhead

Linebacker:

Lavonte David

A team full of good and great players, but with so many also leaders, is a championship team.

David was a great LB but he's not even remotely as great as Farley was. Not-even-close.

Same thing and order w/SRex & LP.

Gill or Frazier is a tough call but I'll take Gill. Ganz was a tough kid but he isn't in the same galaxy as those two (or Frost or Crouch either).

Are you saying that Lawrence Phillips wasn't even remotely as great as Rex Burkhead?

'Cause talent wise, Phillips was better. Markedly. (Talking pure athletic ability here, not character. I love Rex. He wouldn't start at Alabama this year, though. Phillips might have.)

David set the single season tackle record at Nebraska. Not-even-close is a pretty debatable adjective, although I do understand why you might feel that way. Farley was a beast, no question. I'd still take David, though.

Gill. Like another coach on the field. Was a true duel threat and did each equally well. I think Gill would be adaptable across any offense where Tommie was definitely suited to a run based power offense. I think Gill would do well in today's offense. Very well. (Ganz was a good QB but not in the same league)

This is getting harder. L.P. I guess. Hard to pass up game breaking ability. This offense has been a bit sporadic, they could use a guy who can score at anytime. (Big risk/reward here)

I am going with David on this one. Tackle machine who can make plays. He's more consistent than Farley from game to game. Not a risk.

Please forgive me my friend but I simply have to rant on this one.

Farley when on the field was wayyyyyyyy better than David could ever dream of. Not that David wasn't excellent as he most surely was! But honestly, it isn't even close.

Yes, Farley was a problem child (just like LP) but when on the field they towered over everybody else. "Everybody" else.

Also, just like the Jet. Another problem child but simply outrageously talented and easily the best offensive weapon we've ever had (especially when adding PR & kickoff returns).

So, if this thread is about who was the most stable citizen/football player then throw those three out. But if we're talking the best players on the field those three stand head and shoulders above the rest for their respective positions.

David was a great LB but he's not even remotely as great as Farley was. Not-even-close.

Same thing and order w/SRex & LP.

Gill or Frazier is a tough call but I'll take Gill. Ganz was a tough kid but he isn't in the same galaxy as those two (or Frost or Crouch either).

Are you saying that Lawrence Phillips wasn't even remotely as great as Rex Burkhead?

'Cause talent wise, Phillips was better. Markedly. (Talking pure athletic ability here, not character. I love Rex. He wouldn't start at Alabama this year, though. Phillips might have.)

David set the single season tackle record at Nebraska. Not-even-close is a pretty debatable adjective, although I do understand why you might feel that way. Farley was a beast, no question. I'd still take David, though.

Oh no, my friend.

LP was lightyears beyond SRex as a running back. Hey, I love sRex.....he's Jeff KInney II and a bluechip winner to be sure! Great rb with the heart of a lion.

But I'd take one LP over 50 SRexs. I really would.

David was GREAT, great player and indeed did set records. But he was essentially a one man defense on a marginal defense. Again, he was GREAT! So was J. Williams. So was J. Murtaugh. So was Super D and so on.

T. Farley stood out like a light bulb in a cellar even surrounded with players like J. Williams, J. Peter, G. Wistrom, C. Peter, M. Minter, J. Tomich, T. Veland, etc on the field. Ha....he was just that good.

Anyways....just an opinion.

GBR!!

Oh no, my friend.

LP was lightyears beyond SRex as a running back. Hey, I love sRex.....he's Jeff KInney II and a bluechip winner to be sure! Great rb with the heart of a lion.

But I'd take one LP over 50 SRexs. I really would.

David was GREAT, great player and indeed did set records. But he was essentially a one man defense on a marginal defense. Again, he was GREAT! So was J. Williams. So was J. Murtaugh. So was Super D and so on.

T. Farley stood out like a light bulb in a cellar even surrounded with players like J. Williams, J. Peter, G. Wistrom, C. Peter, M. Minter, J. Tomich, T. Veland, etc on the field. Ha....he was just that good.

Anyways....just an opinion.

GBR!!

Ah...I gotcha. We're on the same page then, brother. Love, LOVE Rex. Always makes the first guy miss, shifty as a waterbug and he ALWAYS falls forward after contact. But I'm with you. I'd take LP without batting a lash, too.

Farley was an absolute monster, no question. And maybe the years have diluted my memories of just how good he was, while I can still clearly see David stripping that ball out of Miller's hands, or getting knocked down against Iowa, popping back up, and forcing that fumble.

At the end of the day, you couldn't go wrong with either one of those guys. Since it's all hypothetical, let's just have Farley and David both starting. Win-win ;)

Please forgive me my friend but I simply have to rant on this one.

Farley when on the field was wayyyyyyyy better than David could ever dream of. Not that David wasn't excellent as he most surely was! But honestly, it isn't even close.

Yes, Farley was a problem child (just like LP) but when on the field they towered over everybody else. "Everybody" else.

Also, just like the Jet. Another problem child but simply outrageously talented and easily the best offensive weapon we've ever had (especially when adding PR & kickoff returns).

So, if this thread is about who was the most stable citizen/football player then throw those three out. But if we're talking the best players on the field those three stand head and shoulders above the rest for their respective positions.

David = 285 career tackles > Farley 105 career tackles.

Granted Farley only played 8 games his 2nd season 'cause he got kicked off the team. If you were to figure out the difference, Farley would of only had to average 25.7 tackles for 7 more games to catch David. Maybe a rant is not required here?

Seriously though Farley was a great player and a big playmaker on the defense. Definitely in the conversation when you talk about the great WLB's that Nebraska has had. There's no right answer here for any of the players at any position ...it's just an opinion and in my opinion I will go with David. I respect your opinion though in going with Farley. Farley was a speed guy and made some big plays in his day. I'll go with David his tackles and some of his big plays.