Can We all Give BC A Chance?

Guy's I feel like most people on this board has been very harsh to Mr. and Mrs. Callahan. Let's all try to remember that they have feeling, they can have those feelings hurt .

I like the Callahans, There are good people and doggone it, other people love them

and we will be right back with more Dr. Phil in a minute...... :wacko:

I'm willing to give callahan next year to do what he needs to do in Lincoln which is....take us to the top and get those W's!!! If you think that callahan has "his players" playing for him right now in this offense, well IMO your wrong...next year is the year I can see drastic changes from what we have seen so far. Lucky, lately, has shown flashes of what he can do with the ball in his hands, and next year I think he is going to explode. Our D has to become a consistent D, forget the blackshirts, I want consistency! If that doesn't happen by next season then I don't know what to say about it...

Ok, I've been very, very hard on Callahan & assistants the last few weeks. And, I have to apologize, a little. I know that this guy is not trying to lose. I know that all he wants to do is win.

Here is my question.....

Can Callahan improve?

All good coaches, from time to time, go to other coaches and ask advice. If the myth that I heard is true, it was TO going to Bowden (I believe) in the early 90s, and realizing that he needed more speed, specifically on defense, to win championships. And bam, we have our HUGE run of the early/mid 90s.

Will/does Callahan do this? If so, then I believe that we can, and will, improve next season. I know we have talented players (at least talented enough to compete in the Big 12 North, which we are not currently doing). I know that we have players that want to win, and want to win badly. Obviously something that Callahan and crew is teaching the players will not sink in or does not work. The only way I know to fix something this is to try something different.

Does Callahan have the humility to go to other coaches and find out what works on the college level?

DaveH; I actually suspected that Callahan did this, as all good coaches (and I think all of them) do. It just gives me hope that Callahan, as well as the team, should improve next season.

Hopefully, we can even improve this season. Hopefully, change this and/or that, and beat K-State. Get bowl eligible, and utilize the extra practices to get even better next season.

All I can do is hope.

Well, I attribute the on the field meltdowns to two things. First, the Big 12 officiating is absolutely horrible, across the board. I know I have been frustrated by it. Second, he has to be frustrated just as much by what is happening as the rest of us. He doesn't go into these games expecting everything to fall apart. I know when things go to hell on my job, I get a little bit pissy as well.

Never did mention the return of Matt Herian...our offense would be so much more dangerous right now with him, but next year it will be worth the wait for him...can't wait.

Can Matt Herian block all 4 defensive linemen?? Because if not, there's no way that he could help the offense this year. He makes nice catches downfield, but he would get about 5 yards, turn around, only to see ZT lying flat on his back.