The Zombie Apocalypse has begun!

..Maybe take a cruise..Zombies can't swim can they?

This is what I keep wondering about The Walking Dead series. Why aren't they trying to get to an island? It seems so obvious. The zombies can't swim.

"Dead-Man Float?"

. Obvious question, then, is...

How do you make a Zombie float?

Just add ice cream?

..Maybe take a cruise..Zombies can't swim can they?

This is what I keep wondering about The Walking Dead series. Why aren't they trying to get to an island? It seems so obvious. The zombies can't swim.

So you would watch a movie where the cast is sipping drinks on the beach of an island while screams of death wafts in on the wind?

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)

Some of my fav. excerpts from this article...

Do you know why we, as humans, are at the top of the current food chain? Not because we're hard to kill (well, with the exception of Bo Pelini or Chuck Norris). We're not; we're little more than tasty flesh bags waiting for an errant horn or claw to spill our guts like a meat pinata. No, we're on top simply because we are so absurdly good at killing things ourselves. A good offense, as they say, is the best de-LOOK THERE'S A DUCK! MURDER IT!

We are simply too smart and too well-armed for any wild animal to hunt.

Now consider the poor zombie. It lacks every single advantage that has kept humanity from being eaten to extinction. It wanders around in the open, it can't use weapons, it can't think or use strategy. It doesn't even have the sense of self preservation to run and hide when it's in danger. And, it's made entirely out of food. It's easy prey for any animal that wants it.

If you're saying, "Sure, but it's not like my city is full of bears that can come eat all the zombies," you need to think smaller. Insects are a major pain in the butt for living humans, and in some cases, being able to swat away flies and having an immune system is the only thing keeping us from having our eyes and tongues eaten out by maggots. Zombies in any part of the world with a fly problem are going to be swarming with maggots in short order, meaning that most of their soft tissues will be infested, and their eyes will be very quickly useless.

We'll scale up a bit: In America alone, we have bears, wolves, coyotes and cougars, all of which can put well-armed, thinking, fast-moving humans on the menu, if the conditions are right. To most predators, the "right conditions" are when the animal is weak or otherwise generally unable to defend themselves, like a walking corpse. Just think of the gazillions of stray dogs out there who'll quickly learn that zombies are an easy meal.

Now imagine zombie hordes wandering Africa. Between lions and cape buffalo (and hippos, and rhinos, and elephants), we'd finally have a disease that Africa is better suited than the rest of the world to defend itself against.

If you're around here in Phoenix when the apocalypse hits, the zombies might begin to mummify in the blazing sun and heat. While the normal symptoms of dehydration are not a concern for a zombie, there is the problem of desiccation. With no reasonable means of replenishing the water in their cells, zombies walking around in the heat all day are going to suffer cell damage due to direct sun exposure to their skin, and thanks to the drying effect wind has, the Southwestern dead will stumble around more and more ineffectively until, at some point, they simply drop and wait for the scavengers to come pick them up for the annual Slim Jim Harvest.

But let's say there is an outbreak, like if one zombie was able to bite 30 people in the crowd at an Insane Clown Posse concert before they figured out it wasn't part of the show. It's not like mankind is just utterly confused about what to do when an infection breaks out. In America you have the Center for Disease Control (CDC,) who don't tend to furk around... Seriously, it's on their business cards.

One advantage to having a fully-functioning central nervous system is that it also does a dayng good job of letting you know you've been damaged. It does this by way of pain. Think about all the paper cuts, stubbed toes and nut shots you have suffered in your life. Now imagine they never healed, just sat there and rotted while you continued to rack up other paper cuts, stubbed toes and nut shots. Pretty much every wound you've ever had would end with an amputation. One thing we know about zombies is that they are a clumsy lot, walking into doors and helicopter blades without a second thought about what kind of damage they are suffering.

All the dings and bangs zombies will suffer after tripping, walking off of bridges and stumbling around on dark cloudy nights will eventually leave them limbless, toothless and with every bone in their body broken. Seriously, in the event of the Zombie Apocalypse, just stay inside, watch all the episodes of 24 back to back, then walk out on your lawn with your Corpse Rake and tidy up (you will have to buy a Corpse Rake).

Remember, the whole reason hunting licenses exist is to limit the number of animals you're allowed to kill, because if you just declared free reign for everybody with a gun, everything in the forest would be dead by sundown. Even the trees would be mounted proudly above the late-arriving hunter's mantles. It's safe to assume that when the game changes from "three deer" to "all the rotting dead people trying to eat us," there will be no shortage of volunteers.

Zombies would sink as they entered the water, walk along the body's floor all the way back on to the island's beaches, the problem will become especially bad on the West Coast where survivors, within just months of a global outbreak, can expect to be overtaken by hordes of Chinese and Japanese Zombies fresh from a Pacific trek.

As far as the Walking Dead...there aren't a whole lot of naturally occurring bodies of water in Georgia or the south for that matter and few with islands to support the group. They will probably head to a prison.

Zombies would sink as they entered the water, walk along the body's floor all the way back on to the island's beaches, the problem will become especially bad on the West Coast where survivors, within just months of a global outbreak, can expect to be overtaken by hordes of Chinese and Japanese Zombies fresh from a Pacific trek.

As far as the Walking Dead...there aren't a whole lot of naturally occurring bodies of water in Georgia or the south for that matter and few with islands to support the group. They will probably head to a prison.

Zombies would probably not sink unless they wore weights...The inevitable bloating on a cellular level as the result of the gasses formed from putrification would tend to make them float...Even the ones with gaping fleshwounds allowing some of the larger pockets of air to escape...

Either way, I doubt they'd get past the sharks and other fishies eating away at whatever was left.

The new girl at work seems to think this face-eating ordeal is a fake. She kept asking me how a drug could make someone do something like that. She obviously lived a sheltered life in college.

I dunno, I was thinking along the same lines as her for a while. I took my fair share of drugs in college. But I usually made a late night Taco John run, or scarfed down a Dominoes death disk. Never had a craving for cheeks, noses and ears.

I never did any hard drugs, but I had been around plenty of people on acid, coke, etc. And even now that I'm back home, you see the occasional meth head around. They're f'd up even when they aren't high.

The new girl at work seems to think this face-eating ordeal is a fake. She kept asking me how a drug could make someone do something like that. She obviously lived a sheltered life in college.

I dunno, I was thinking along the same lines as her for a while. I took my fair share of drugs in college. But I usually made a late night Taco John run, or scarfed down a Dominoes death disk. Never had a craving for cheeks, noses and ears.

I never did any hard drugs, but I had been around plenty of people on acid, coke, etc. And even now that I'm back home, you see the occasional meth head around. Their f'd up even when they aren't high.

Although I've been pretty sheltered when it comes to knowing anyone that did those sorts of drugs..even though I sometimes wondered about some peoples Mom's and older Sisters and their prescription drugs.... I clicked on a "Faces of Meth" link after reading the OP's link and now am a little afraid to road trip it to San Diego this Summer for a weekend....Some of those folks before pics even look zombie like..

• 2 weeks later...