-Not AAU

-Plays upper middle of the road football in the ACC

-Decent Baseball

-Basketball is unimpressive

-No real television market

-Culturally incompatible

-Geographically distant

No, I do not want Clemson.

I don't know.....except for the football comment, it sounds really similar to us pre-Big Ten Huskers ;)

Well to be fair NU has a midwestern culture and borders another Big Ten State and as far as geography goes you have to drive through three non-Big Ten States to get to SC.

When the top 2 HS teams played each other several years back (Massilion OH and some team from Georgia) I was amazed that this would happen. Then I figured out that when my old HS team played Scotsbluff, we traveled FARTHER than the teams from OH and GA.

-Not AAU

-Plays upper middle of the road football in the ACC

-Decent Baseball

-Basketball is unimpressive

-No real television market

-Culturally incompatible

-Geographically distant

No, I do not want Clemson.

I don't know.....except for the football comment, it sounds really similar to us pre-Big Ten Huskers ;)

Well to be fair NU has a midwestern culture and borders another Big Ten State and as far as geography goes you have to drive through three non-Big Ten States to get to SC.

When the top 2 HS teams played each other several years back (Massilion OH and some team from Georgia) I was amazed that this would happen. Then I figured out that when my old HS team played Scotsbluff, we traveled FARTHER than the teams from OH and GA.

Probably Warner-Robbins. They are really good in sports.

• 4 months later...

Might as well just go with GIT.

They are the more superior option in everything except for football.

Seems like someone is still mad about "the incident," huh Woody?

I can't hear you, I seem to have too many championships and heismans in my ear....

Seriously, The last thing I would be concerned about is a school who just got 70 points put on them in their bowl game

It was no diss.

Tell me where I went wrong,

Better School? GIT

Better City? Atlanta

Better recruiting state? Georgia

Better TV market? Atlanta

Easier to get down for Big Ten road games? Atlanta airport(Chicago is the only other port that is as important as Atlanta)

Who's more Big Ten compatible in terms of culture? GIT

Clemson doesn't even want Big Ten membership so why worry about it

I can't hear you, I seem to have too many championships and heismans in my ear....

Seriously, The last thing I would be concerned about is a school who just got 70 points put on them in their bowl game

It was no diss.

Better School? GIT

Better City? Atlanta

Easier to get down for Big Ten road games? Atlanta airport(Chicago is the only other port that is as important as Atlanta)

I'm really not worried about it, and I understand the whole atl market. I just wanted to make a joke since I'm from Clemson and your legendary coach (who's name is in your handle) punched a college kid who played for Clemson.

It was no diss.

Better School? GIT

Better City? Atlanta

The whole TV market argument is kind of shakey. GT doesn't rule Atlanta, if they are the dominant team then it is by a slight plurality. I lived in NE Atlanta for more than a decade, UGA, Auburn and Clemson are all very popular. Adding Clemson would scoop up the Atlanta market just as Tech would. GT is often an afterthought but I guess your point stands, ATL would be roped in as a TV Market for the B1G but the weight advertisers and whoever put to it may vary.

As to which school is more culturally compatible with the Big Ten; sure, GT might be more compatible than CU but that doesn't mean that they are compatible. They're Southern (yes I get that current day Atlanta isn't the Atlanta of the 1860's but still) they're an engineering/tech school rather than a large flagship school like most of the Big Ten (we already have Purdue) and they place very little emphasis on football...if they were to join the B1G they'd have the tenth largest stadium. Adding either school would more or less wreck our Conference's identity.

I don't want to add another team at this point. The Big Ten is not some radical upstart conference looking to make waves, we can be conservative. We have four elite college football powers; as many or more than any other conference depending on who you'd like to count. If you must add then get a big fish like Notre Dame.

My dream will be ND and VT. Minority voice here. My second favorite team.......Notre Dame Irish.

Top 5 favorite teams:

1. Guess?

2. Notre Dame ....... tradition. I didn't understand millions of Irish-Hater people.

3. Air Force Academy ........ David vs. Goliath, literally

4. Boise State .......over achievement, bigtime. Absolutely no 4 and 5 stars.....mostly 2 stars roster

5. Probably South Dakota State or Ohio Bobcats

I am coming from a viewpoint of what is best for the Big Ten.

Telling Raekwon McMillan's mom that she will get to see him in their home state is a big deal. Now a OSU might reel him in regardless but other Big Ten schools don't have that opportunity. That is my main goal with expansion and is exactly why I'd like Rutgers, Texas, GIT, Carolina or Virginia in the Big Ten. I want the Purdues and Iowas to have the chance of expanding their recruiting base into the south and east coast consistently. Which Is why I've been thoroughly against wasting a Big Ten spot on ND

Telling Raekwon McMillan's mom that she will get to see him in their home state is a big deal. Now a OSU might reel him in regardless but other Big Ten schools don't have that opportunity. That is my main goal with expansion and is exactly why I'd like Rutgers, Texas, GIT, Carolina or Virginia in the Big Ten. I want the Purdues and Iowas to have the chance of expanding their recruiting base into the south and east coast consistently. Which Is why I've been thoroughly against wasting a Big Ten spot on ND

LOL at your sig. Good stuff.

I am with you. I used to be a ND to the B1G fanboi, but F that. The only thing that helps ND to the B1G is ND (slight overstatement), but get the B1G into the south and Atlantic coast helps the whole league.