Nebraska Preview 2012: Michigan Perspective

Anyone else tired of hearing about Michigan? It is really simple, they are losing to Bama, losing to ND, losing to MSU who owns them recently, losing to OSU and losing to Nebraska.

I will be shocked if they get out of the Bama game with shoelace not injured.

I think Michigan will do better than what you're thinking here, although I think they'll be hard pressed to equal last season's 11 wins.

For the record, as a conference we NEED Michigan to beat Alabama. Big 10 teams, we NEED to start beating SEC schools whenever we are matched up. If we want our conference to be mentioned in the same breath as the SEC then wins on the field must happen. Finally, if Big 10 teams make it to the national title game we NEED to WIN, especially if the opponent is an SEC school.

• Fire 1

Anyone else tired of hearing about Michigan? It is really simple, they are losing to Bama, losing to ND, losing to MSU who owns them recently, losing to OSU and losing to Nebraska.

They think they are better than everyone else and because they had a good season last year, they believe they are invincible. It was a fluke! they didn't have the hardest schedule and their big games were at home. Brady Hoke will have to explain to the media this year how come they took a step back. Which i think is stupid because they have a harder schedule and don't get the big games at home. They won't go 10-2 again or whatever they went, they might nab a game from msu or osu, but i see them around 8-4. Hoke is a good coach, but they will come back to reality this year. It will be a hell of a game when they come here to play us, and i can't predict the outcome because i havn't seen either play, but i would not be surprised if the result went either way. A lot of michigan fans think they are going to the NC this year and i just laugh.

They think they are better than everyone else and because they had a good season last year, they believe they are invincible. It was a fluke! they didn't have the hardest schedule and their big games were at home. Brady Hoke will have to explain to the media this year how come they took a step back. Which i think is stupid because they have a harder schedule and don't get the big games at home. They won't go 10-2 again or whatever they went, they might nab a game from msu or osu, but i see them around 8-4. Hoke is a good coach, but they will come back to reality this year. It will be a hell of a game when they come here to play us, and i can't predict the outcome because i havn't seen either play, but i would not be surprised if the result went either way. A lot of michigan fans think they are going to the NC this year and i just laugh.

Exactly.

They're a good team and they have a fine HC but their schedule this year is a long, LONG ways away from the free-skating rink they had last year. Alabama, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Ohio State....all on the road. Oh Boy. Michigan State, NW & Iowa won't hide from them at their house either. I very seriously doubt they match last year's record either.

That being said, they still have a far easier conference schedule than we do (again). I'd trade Wisconsin & Penn State for Purdue & Illinois in a heartbeat.

I found this part amusing:

"They lost three conference games -- at Michigan and at Wisconsin in spectacular blow-outs and vs. Northwestern in game that even Brady Hoke couldn't believe happened. Other than that they had the singular highlight of clobbering Michigan State."

Alright, I realize Iowa went 7-6 last year, but it amuses me that our win against them was left out, since they beat Michigan :P

• Fire 1

I found this part amusing:

"They lost three conference games -- at Michigan and at Wisconsin in spectacular blow-outs and vs. Northwestern in game that even Brady Hoke couldn't believe happened. Other than that they had the singular highlight of clobbering Michigan State."

Alright, I realize Iowa went 7-6 last year, but it amuses me that our win against them was left out, since they beat Michigan :P

Didn't Michigan State beat Michigan too? Yeah, we don't have a chance against them.

Not sure if you read the article, but he does predict NU to beat Michigan. Also, this guy has two engineering degrees from UM so I think it's safe to assume he has more than three brain cells.

Leonard, Raj, Howard and Sheldon are also smart but it doesn't mean they know anything about football. Just sayin'

Leonard prooved that when watching the Nebraska and Oklahoma game in the second season lol. I so love that show.

Did Hunter94 write this?

Quite a bit wrong in the factual department and it pisses me off to read it, but alot of it is reality. Its just one guys uninformed opinion on a blog, and i really hope we can show up and play to our potential and shut up idiots like this. Even thou hes right about some things, just his attitude thru the whole article, the... were better then you attitude, makes me want to punch him in the face. If we play hard and to our potential theres no reason we shouldnt be in every game this year, we cant afford to shoot ourselves in the foot anymore.

Meh. Whoever typed that article obviously has about three brain cells. You're just going to give yourself a headache worrying about what every Husker hating moron out there says.

Not sure if you read the article, but he does predict NU to beat Michigan. Also, this guy has two engineering degrees from UM so I think it's safe to assume he has more than three brain cells.

some of what he says is pretty accurate, but he doesn't give either line a chance to improve, which is totally unrealistic. the real question is, how much better will our O and D lines be.......

Your exactly right. That will determine our season.

Did Hunter94 write this?

Quite a bit wrong in the factual department and it pisses me off to read it, but alot of it is reality. Its just one guys uninformed opinion on a blog, and i really hope we can show up and play to our potential and shut up idiots like this. Even thou hes right about some things, just his attitude thru the whole article, the... were better then you attitude, makes me want to punch him in the face. If we play hard and to our potential theres no reason we shouldnt be in every game this year, we cant afford to shoot ourselves in the foot anymore.

Meh. Whoever typed that article obviously has about three brain cells. You're just going to give yourself a headache worrying about what every Husker hating moron out there says.

some of what he says is pretty accurate, but he doesn't give either line a chance to improve, which is totally unrealistic. the real question is, how much better will our O and D lines be.......

Your exactly right. That will determine our season.

True. But the internet genius crowd says it all depends on Tmart's mechanics. I just don't know what to believe.

I think it was as fair as any of you would be describing Michigan. He is trying provide humor and tell the story. If I were a Michigan fan I would appreciate it more I am sure.

As to the comments about coaching, that is the general thought around the country.

Going to be a long season if the Oline has not improved.