Wisconsin fans @ Memorial Stadium

In one game I had a proud memory as a Husker fan and a bad one.

At the 2004 Colorado game, plenty of our own fans showed their love of Steve Pederson by booing when Bob Brown merely mentioned his name. Here's a guy giving an emotional speech in acceptance of getting his number retired. his voice is cracking and he thanks the athletic director... and its answered with a smattering of boos. it was a minority of the crowd but it was still a significant number. I have NEVER been embarrassed to be a Husker fan before or since but I was at that moment.

At the end of the game CU players (obviously very happy and cocky that they had just ended Nebraska's chance of continuing the bowl streak) were applauded when they left the field. I think most fans likely clapped because of our reputation for doing so since its a kind of tradition. but whatever the motive- better than throwing bottles or obscenities.

Obviously its not always 100% foolproof or true but I take a lot more pride in that reputation/tradition we have as fan base and trying to uphold it than I would if outside fans were afraid to come to Memorial Stadium.

As far as treatment of Wiscy fans, the 2002/2003 PSU series comes to mind. After the way their fans acted in Happy Valley, I thought the Thank You from Paterno (recent news aside) and the school for how they were treated in our stadium was far better than any battery tossing. With or without the 'W', though that didn't hurt.

• Fire 1

05 NU/CU was in Boulder.

And yes I know Camp Randall is a zoo. And I also know that Memorial Stadium/Lincoln is a nice place. I just don't get why people will not let the behavior thing go. Wear a Dodger hat to AT&T park, or a 49er hat at a Raider game, you'd think Camp Randall was a kindergarten.

Everyone knows that 98% of Californians are criminally insane gang members. The other 2% are the 'Californians for Nebraska' non-Nortenos chapter.

Look... I don't know how to explain this...

You gotta drop it with the complaining about poor treatment at away games. You may think you want to be known for it and for having a nice senior citizenesque fan base, but in this league you don't. No one in the conference will empathize with you. You know which schools claim to have the friendliest fans and fans that complain about poor treatment and being unwelcoming in the Big Ten. Indiana and Minnesota. And you know what they do after they are done complaining about poor treatment? They turn around and wish that their own fans would quit acting so lethargic and start showing the type of passion that the successful programs do. Big time Big Ten schools know, expect and respect raucous behavior. It's part of being in an old school, tough, Midwestern conference. Most of the Big Ten schools are huge party schools- especially Madison, Iowa City, State College, East Lansing, Ann Arbor and Columbus. You're not in the Big Twelve or Big Eight or whatever anymore. You chose to join a tough conference. If you had joined the SEC or something, maybe someone would care about 'southern hospitality' or whatever it is that you think is so important. We care about winning Big Ten Championships and going to the Rose Bowl. Not showing the bastards from the other heathen schools our family scrap books. If you haven't noticed, we put a huge emphasis on rivalry games and on rivalry trophies and the lot. The other schools hate us! We hate them! They might take away our chance to play in The Grand Daddy of Them All, after all. They have ruined our seasons in the past, and we've ruined theirs. Do you think Wisconsin fans are happy with Ohio State fans for ruining our chance at playing for a national championship last year? NO! And we're going to show them we aren't happy- just like they showed us last year they weren't happy with what we did to them in 2010.

This is the way it is in the Big Ten. You're getting a lesson the hard way about Big Ten Culture. The pressure to win is huge. The Big Ten boys and their fans play rough and it's always been that way. Madison is rowdy for sure, but any of the the great programs and their campuses would exude the same treatment in such circumstances. I can GUARANTEE YOU if you're in a significant game in Prime Time and visiting Happy Valley, Columbus, Ann Arbor, East Lansing or Iowa City, you will be subjected to the same kind of environment. I've been there for it. Is it enjoyable to go to one of these hell-holes and lose in a big game? No! It's not supposed to be. But it's kind of fun if you win.

I'm sorry if it's news to you. When the stakes of a game are high (as they were in ours and as there have been in many other Big Ten matches), ticket sales jump up. Fans look forward to game day, The media goes into a frenzy, Fans are eager to party hard and have a blast. Coincidentally beer has been known to greatly enhance the game day experience. It also makes fans rowdy. Big Ten fans are excited to show how tough their stadium is to play in to a national T.V. audience. They like being known for having an intimidating place to play. Who cares if a few whiny babies or old man Osborne complains about it afterward. This means that they win more games and winning more games is important in The Big Ten Conference.

Yes- stop the lame "kill them with kindness and object when it isn't reciprocated" mantra that your grandma knit onto your sweater and get with the god damn program already! No one cares anymore and we are getting tired of hearing it. Again- you are actively partaking in what the dumpy loser programs like Indiana and Minnesota do. They complain that they are treated HORRENDOUSLY at every single stadium they visit. Why do they do it? Because they probably just lost. You are way better than that.

You had your first Big Ten bullying at Wisconsin. Congratulations. We popped your cherry and we damn well enjoyed it. But don't fool yourself and think that what your 'endured' at Wisconsin last year is going to be any different than the rest of the Big Ten as the years go on. You'll learn sooner or later after you go through enough similar bad experiences and you'll start to bitterly hate the rest of the conference too. Just wait until you lose your first big game at Iowa City. Jesus... Trust me... it'll be just as ugly as what you had to go through last Fall. But before you know it you will have been assimilated. It's just that acting the way you are now is only making you still seem like the-school-that-was-permitted-in-from-the-Big XII-and-is-still-kind-of-weird. You don't want to be like that and we don't want you to be like that, Big Red! Let it go and join the league!

• Fire 1

I had a huge issue with the way I was treated in Madison as well. I thought TO saddle jab at them was highly comical. Something like " the fans that have only been winning for the past decade don't know how to handle it." hahahahahahaha

You gotta drop it with the complaining about poor treatment at away games. You may think you want to be known for it and for having a nice senior citizenesque fan base, but in this league you don't. No one in the conference will empathize with you. You know which schools claim to have the friendliest fans and fans that complain about poor treatment and being unwelcoming in the Big Ten. Indiana and Minnesota. And you know what they do after they are done complaining about poor treatment? They turn around and wish that their own fans would quit acting so lethargic and start showing the type of passion that the successful programs do. Big time Big Ten schools know, expect and respect raucous behavior. It's part of being in an old school, tough, Midwestern conference. Most of the Big Ten schools are huge party schools- especially Madison, Iowa City, State College, East Lansing, Ann Arbor and Columbus. You're not in the Big Twelve or Big Eight or whatever anymore. You chose to join a tough conference. If you had joined the SEC or something, maybe someone would care about 'southern hospitality' or whatever it is that you think is so important. We care about winning Big Ten Championships and going to the Rose Bowl. Not showing the bastards from the other heathen schools our family scrap books. If you haven't noticed, we put a huge emphasis on rivalry games and on rivalry trophies and the lot. The other schools hate us! We hate them! They might take away our chance to play in The Grand Daddy of Them All, after all. They have ruined our seasons in the past, and we've ruined theirs. Do you think Wisconsin fans are happy with Ohio State fans for ruining our chance at playing for a national championship last year? NO! And we're going to show them we aren't happy- just like they showed us last year they weren't happy with what we did to them in 2010.

This is the way it is in the Big Ten. You're getting a lesson the hard way about Big Ten Culture. The pressure to win is huge. The Big Ten boys and their fans play rough and it's always been that way. Madison is rowdy for sure, but any of the the great programs and their campuses would exude the same treatment in such circumstances. I can GUARANTEE YOU if you're in a significant game in Prime Time and visiting Happy Valley, Columbus, Ann Arbor, East Lansing or Iowa City, you will be subjected to the same kind of environment. I've been there for it. Is it enjoyable to go to one of these hell-holes and lose in a big game? No! It's not supposed to be. But it's kind of fun if you win.

I'm sorry if it's news to you. When the stakes of a game are high (as they were in ours and as there have been in many other Big Ten matches), ticket sales jump up. Fans look forward to game day, The media goes into a frenzy, Fans are eager to party hard and have a blast. Coincidentally beer has been known to greatly enhance the game day experience. It also makes fans rowdy. Big Ten fans are excited to show how tough their stadium is to play in to a national T.V. audience. They like being known for having an intimidating place to play. Who cares if a few whiny babies or old man Osborne complains about it afterward. This means that they win more games and winning more games is important in The Big Ten Conference.

Yes- stop the lame "kill them with kindness and object when it isn't reciprocated" mantra that your grandma knit onto your sweater and get with the god damn program already! No one cares anymore and we are getting tired of hearing it. Again- you are actively partaking in what the dumpy loser programs like Indiana and Minnesota do. They complain that they are treated HORRENDOUSLY at every single stadium they visit. Why do they do it? Because they probably just lost. You are way better than that.

You had your first Big Ten bullying at Wisconsin. Congratulations. We popped your cherry and we damn well enjoyed it. But don't fool yourself and think that what your 'endured' at Wisconsin last year is going to be any different than the rest of the Big Ten as the years go on. You'll learn sooner or later after you go through enough similar bad experiences and you'll start to bitterly hate the rest of the conference too. Just wait until you lose your first big game at Iowa City. Jesus... Trust me... it'll be just as ugly as what you had to go through last Fall. But before you know it you will have been assimilated. It's just that acting the way you are now is only making you still seem like the-school-that-was-permitted-in-from-the-Big XII-and-is-still-kind-of-weird. You don't want to be like that and we don't want you to be like that, Big Red! Let it go and join the league!

I read the first two paragraphs of your post and realized it wasn't worth reading anymore, but I was compelled to respond to your dumbass.

First, you wanna talk passion? f'ing please. That's a joke to bring up with Husker fans. Did you buy a Ron Dayne jersey when he won the Heisman and call yourself a wisconsin fan? I had to chuckle at you trying to convince me that Madison parties hard. Nothing I saw up there holds a candle to what happens here as far as game day atmosphere. f#*k, you guys even had CFB Gameday up there!!! I was there. Guess how many people would have showed up had that game been in Lincoln. I'd say 20000 plus. That's a few more than what was on campus in Madison.

You wanna talk about the pressure to win?! Our head coach has won nine games every year and people are angry. You guys dont know the pressure to win like we as NU fans do. Really? TOSU cost you a chance at a national title? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahagagahagagagagagagaga.

My treatment in Wisconsin and your ignorant moronic " the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl are the end all be all" type attitudes from programs that truely don't know how to play and win football games historically at the heighest level are what makes me hate you guys. I've seen posts put together better by Iowa fans that have a better grip on reality than yours does.

Don't come on our board and try to tell us about tradition or physical football. We have been doing both of those for 40+ years.

We are always inviting of opposing fans at our venue because it is the expectations when you walk through the gates at Memorial. It is a different place than any other college venue and I have seen plenty. So stop looking so small minded, realize you really are going to get pummeled on the field this year in Lincoln, and stop talking like you are going to teach us anything about football, because it isn't going to happen.

• Fire 7

watch-out-meme-generator-it-s-over-im-done-419d2c.jpg

For the record, I agree with you. Not many on here will but I doubt you expect them to.

Wisconsin all time record. 636-470-51 (.572)

Nebraska all time record. 846-349-40 (.701)

Wisconsin Hiesman winners- 2

Nebraska Hiesman winners- 3

Wisconsin Conference titles- 13

Nebraska Conference titles- 43

Wisconsin NATIONAL TITLES- 0

Nebraska NATIONAL TITLES- 5

Wisconsin All Americans- 22

Nebraska All Americans- 53

Nebraska nation leading 35 consecutive bowl appearences.

Nebraska nation leading sellout streak- 317.

Numbers don't lie little brother. You can go off on how that is the past and the past doesn't matter and yada yada, but the past builds the future. We are an elite program that has you beat in every single football statistic possible. You can think you are some big hott shot because you have had some good seasons under Bielma, but it just doesn't compare.

nationalchampionships.jpg