Wisconsin fans @ Memorial Stadium

Welcome to the board! I hope you have a fabulous time at the game! Nebraska fans are known for their hospitality. We may rib you but we're pretty nice people. We love football and know that the Wiscy-Nebraska promises to be an exciting one!

That's what we thought about the last one.

I would rather we don't treat them how our fans were supposedly treated. Personally, I want to have the best time as possible with students from other fan bases and show them that football weekends in Nebraska are some of the best in the nation.

Not sure what you're getting at by the "supposedly" comment but I for one can tell you it's the worst I've been treated at any football game anywhere. My wife and I were embarrassed for them. I certainly don't expect to Treat them the same way in Lincoln...they need to see why we stand out among most college football fans. I would like to see our team actually take care of the beat down for us this time.

• Fire 1

On his weekly radio show Tuesday, Osborne reflected on an incident he witnessed at Camp Randall Stadium during the Cornhuskers' much-hyped Oct. 1 visit in their Big Ten Conference debut, in which they received a 48-17 thrashing by the Badgers.

"I was on a golf cart with three folks who were over 90 years old," Osborne said, according to an article on the Lincoln Journal Star website. "We were trying to get them up to some seats. We had some rather unpleasant names called."

An unfortunate exchange, to be sure — and probably not an isolated one — that underscores the love-hate sentiments voiced by many locals about the rabid denizens of the northeast end of the stadium. Interestingly, though, Osborne didn't attribute the behavior solely to misguided youth or even an often verbally abrasive student-section culture that has existed for decades at Camp Randall, but instead to a Johnny-come-lately attitude. "I think, usually, schools with good tradition, that have won a lot in the past, are fairly tolerant," he said. "The ones that have won just lately sometimes don't know how to handle it very well."

LINK

I hope we don't have Husker fans stooping to that level. I'm all about yelling and screaming for the play on the field. But screaming obscenities at a group of old people making their way to their seats. Well, that's clearly over the line.

What's with all of this concern about Husker fans suddenly turning into hooligans? We've had a rough time at Missouri and Colorado for decades and were hospitable to them when they came the next year. That's decades of mistreatment, by Colorado Fan especially, yet there were very few ugly incidents involving Colorado Fans in Lincoln.

What's so special about this situation that we would suddenly stop being gracious hosts and go nuts?

What's with all of this concern about Husker fans suddenly turning into hooligans? We've had a rough time at Missouri and Colorado for decades and were hospitable to them when they came the next year. That's decades of mistreatment, by Colorado Fan especially, yet there were very few ugly incidents involving Colorado Fans in Lincoln.

What's so special about this situation that we would suddenly stop being gracious hosts and go nuts?

I agree with the sentiment, I just think people feel that it is different due to the lack of history the two schools had previously. I don't know when the Big 12 schools began to treat us badly, but I assume that it involved playing a few times before and building that sense of rivalry. Whereas in Wisky, there was really no reason for them to feel hostile against us.

I'm surprised 99% of all Wisconsin men aren't single. Can you imagine any woman that has to sleep in the same bed with a guy who's been drinking crappy beer and fatty cheese all day?

Fatty cheese? Ouch...I wouldn't be able to sh#t for days....I would think the beer would off-set the cheese so you could drop a duece.

I've said this before, but I feel obligated to reiterate that we had a GREAT time in Wisconsin for the game. We had some people needle us a little, and I gave it right back, and we all laughed. Everyone had different experiences, but I would definitely go back to Madison. I thought it was a blast. (Outside of the actual game, of course.)

I've said this before, but I feel obligated to reiterate that we had a GREAT time in Wisconsin for the game. We had some people needle us a little, and I gave it right back, and we all laughed. Everyone had different experiences, but I would definitely go back to Madison. I thought it was a blast. (Outside of the actual game, of course.)

That's definitely good to hear though....I have heard things in complete contrast. Good to know though.