Northwestern Game :(

Just got the notification from the University that I will not be getting Tickets through them for the away game in Evanston.

Sad Panda!

I think a few friends of mine and I will head up there regardless in hopes of going to the game. Who all is gonna try to make it to this game? Have you gotten tickets yet? If so where did you get them and how much are they going for? I hope there will be a very large Husker contingent going to the game. It would be nice to have another home game just not at home.

There is not question we owe them a serious stomping after last year. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

GBR!

So far I have found tickets on the secondary market but they seem pretty high ($125 +). Maybe the smaller venue is driving the price up. Either that or it is just early and if they don't sell the price will go down. We will see. At worst we will spend the weekend in Chicago and spend the money on food and drinks. $125 per seat will go quite a ways in food and drinks!

Jaybird--I posted this thread some time ago when I saw Northwestern tickets on sale through their own office:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/57980-northwestern-2012-season-tickets-on-sale-now/page__fromsearch__1

Unfortunately, they're bundling the Nebraska ticket with other games (taking a page out of ISU/KSU/OSU's book), but once you sell the other tickets off, it should be *that* bad of a per ticket price--you just have to deal with the annoyance of selling the other tickets.

I bought the Northwestern season ticket package for endzone, $150 (i think per ticket)... essentially the cost of a ticket on the secondary market prior to selling the other games (if they is even any demand). Might look into donating the other games tickets to military folks, not sure how to do that but it is an idea.

I also bought 8 extra NU game only tickets at $50 (face value) to scalp.

I was on the Northwestern site and you can buy season tickets from $99 for youth, $152 for End Zone Reserved, $196 Corner Reserved, and $262 for reserved sidline seats.

for S&G I went in and ordered 2 best available and could have got 2 on the 35 yard line in the lower section row 75, section 127.

FYI for those wanting to purchase season tix, and donating other games to local charities, like alot of fans did for the Wake Forest game.

I bought the Northwestern season ticket package for endzone, $150 (i think per ticket)... essentially the cost of a ticket on the secondary market prior to selling the other games (if they is even any demand). Might look into donating the other games tickets to military folks, not sure how to do that but it is an idea.

Hey just signed up to post this (been lurking since 2009), if you want to donate tickets to veterans or to active duty members this is a great website to do so! http://www.vettix.org/

GBR!

• Fire 1

Hey just signed up to post this (been lurking since 2009), if you want to donate tickets to veterans or to active duty members this is a great website to do so! http://www.vettix.org/

GBR!

Thanks!

• Fire 1

A group of us, about 4 couples, are going up for the weekend. Hoping to find some seats at a decent price. I hope Husker Nation has a good showing as a fan base in the stadium. Kind of like the ND game a few years back in South Bend. I just hope the L goes some what close to the stadium in Evanston.

Interesting about the needing to purchase season tix comment. After speaking with the ticket office, they told me that single tickets would be available for every game and that the tix would go on sale mid/late July. I already have my plane tix bought so I'll pay what I have to. But the $125ish that tix are currently going for on the after-market sites is way more than what one should be able to get a ticket for as game day approaches.

Interesting about the needing to purchase season tix comment. After speaking with the ticket office, they told me that single tickets would be available for every game and that the tix would go on sale mid/late July. I already have my plane tix bought so I'll pay what I have to. But the $125ish that tix are currently going for on the after-market sites is way more than what one should be able to get a ticket for as game day approaches.

Did you speak to the Northwestern ticket office recently?

Below is what I got from the athletic office earlier in this month. (complete with a nice pic of Pat for me to enjoy)

Of course they could just be "saying" they are nearly sold out to continue to drive season ticket sales. On the other hand, they did not mention anything about the BC, SD or Vany game. Which would lead one to believe that people are buying NU season ticket packages and single game only tickets to particular games.

Web-Fitz-2.jpgDear Jason,

Thank you for making the commitment to Northwestern Football this season as a season ticket holder. It is this group that forms an essential part of the success that has seen the Wildcats reach four-straight bowl games, and with your support the team will be challenging for its fifth this season.

As a season ticket holder you have the opportunity to request additional tickets to home games prior to their sale to the general public. Due to a significant growth in the numbers of our season ticket holders coupled with a tremendous home schedule, tickets for some home games will not be available for much longer. At this time a limited number of tickets are still available for home games versus Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska. If you already have made your requests for additional tickets there is no need for further action.

However, if you have not made any requests for additional tickets or would like to order more, you are strongly encouraged to contact your account executive.

I in no way have the money to be able to afford season tickets for any other team, after having already paid for my Huskers season tickets (it's my one big expense every year). I'm almost wondering if some of those who have already purchased season tickets would be willing to work with us less fortunate and get some extra tickets (to sell to other board members).

I know I'd love you forever!