The Opening

A place to post tweets, or other info you have heard from our Husker commit (LaCouture) and our other prospects attending.

A few tidbits so far:

Suh is at the event, there is a picture going around of him talking with Tori Hunter Jr, lets hope he gets some time to talk with Eddie. Im sure he will since Eddie has said Suh is a role model to him.

JC Shurburt

Eddie Vanderdoes looks great running at 301 pounds. Stock up for us of late.

LB Mike Mitchell tore it up running a 4.45 40 at 230lbs with a 40 inch vertical. Absolutely insane numbers for a guy his size. Hopefully we dont see him at Ohio State.

Scott Quessenberry

"I agree on both counts. Lancaster was best OL at Illinois camp IMO and Scott is my favorite OL on film in the entire country. If he's 6-5 and not 6-3 hes prob a five star candidate." Barton Simmons talking about Quessenberry.

Closley behind Lancaster was Scott Quessenberry’s score of 100.89. At 275 pounds, Quessenberry clocked a 5.10 40-yard dash, a 29-inch vertical and a 4.4 second short shuttle.

Would it be against the rules if Suh was invited to the event and talked to him about Nebraska? If the recruit asked him about Nebraska?

(null)

Actually that's a gray area because present recruiting rules, in so far as I know, do not specifically address situations like "The Opening."

Anyone else have any definite info on this?

My guess? If in doubt...don't do it.

There are far worse things done at major universities than what I am talking about. If we are using the best defensive player in the NFL that our head coach had a huge hand in creating and Suh still has a great relationship with, I say do it. It's not like the SEC teams haven't done worse. f#*k, there is a head coach at tOSU that has done far worse.

There are far worse things done at major universities than what I am talking about. If we are using the best defensive player in the NFL that our head coach had a huge hand in creating and Suh still has a great relationship with, I say do it. It's not like the SEC teams haven't done worse. f#*k, there is a head coach at tOSU that has done far worse.

I do not disagree.

But the question I always ask is: Where's the line and how far over it, in the name of winning, are we prepared to traverse?