The Opening

There are far worse things done at major universities than what I am talking about. If we are using the best defensive player in the NFL that our head coach had a huge hand in creating and Suh still has a great relationship with, I say do it. It's not like the SEC teams haven't done worse. f#*k, there is a head coach at tOSU that has done far worse.

I do not disagree.

But the question I always ask is: Where's the line and how far over it, in the name of winning, are we prepared to traverse?

IMO, it stops when the NCAA makes everyone abide by the same rules.

Vanderdoes D line MVP, Tori Hunter Jr was also an MVP

Suh was one of the Dline coches, my guess is he mentioned NU a few times, hopefully had a huge impact on him because i know hes a big Suh fan.

Hopfully alot of stuff like, "this is what Pelini tought me" or "this is what i learned at Nebraska" or if you dont go to NU i'll kick your a$$

• Fire 1

One of the things that NU has going for it in regards to Eddie is they are open to and say would let him play baseball as well. Something he wants to do. I think LSU has also agreed to it, not sure of the others but am sure the staff would say of course if gets his commit. And too bad all those teams have great baseball programs as well

One of the things that NU has going for it in regards to Eddie is they are open to and say would let him play baseball as well. Something he wants to do. I think LSU has also agreed to it, not sure of the others but am sure the staff would say of course if gets his commit. And too bad all those teams have great baseball programs as well

Defensive tackle playing baseball..? The kid's huge. Wow. Must be one hell of an athlete if he can pull off D1 baseball.

Defensive tackle playing baseball..? The kid's huge. Wow. Must be one hell of an athlete if he can pull off D1 baseball.

Yep pitches, DHs, and plays first here are some numbers from last year for him.

Vanderdoes led a strong Placer baseball program last season with a .420 average and had six home runs and 10 stolen bases. Yes, one of the nation's elite defensive tackles stole 10 bases.

Vanderdoes led a strong Placer baseball program last season with a .420 average and had six home runs and 10 stolen bases. Yes, one of the nation's elite defensive tackles stole 10 bases.

That's probably because the middle infielders don't want to be on the bag when he comes sliding in.

That's probably because the middle infielders don't want to be on the bag when he comes sliding in.

He could probably steal home whenever he wanted. No catcher is gonna want to get plowed over by that guy.

He could probably steal home whenever he wanted. No catcher is gonna want to get plowed over by that guy.

They would if it means getting him suspended. Thats what coaches mean when they say take one for the team...

I've never seen anyone get suspended for running into the catcher. Of course it could be a high school rule, we didn't have baseball when I was in high school so I wouldn't know.

They would if it means getting him suspended. Thats what coaches mean when they say take one for the team...

I've never seen anyone get suspended for running into the catcher. Of course it could be a high school rule, we didn't have baseball when I was in high school so I wouldn't know.

In High School baseball it's a rule you have to slide into home if there is a play at the plate. So running into a catcher would get you into a ton of trouble.

In High School baseball it's a rule you have to slide into home if there is a play at the plate. So running into a catcher would get you into a ton of trouble.

If there's a "play" at any base you have to slide. Of course it's a judgement call. But basically, if it's a close play at any base and the runner doesn't slide he can be called out even if he doesn't make contact with fielder. Supposed to be safety reasons, but I think it's dumb. Now as for play at home you can't be letting kids run over each other.

Another weird instance is on double play tries. For instance, guy on first, batter hits to short, throws to second baseman, runner out at second, tries for double play but doesn't get him at first. However, guy coming into second doesn't slide and gets in the way of second baseman, umpire can call guy at first out too.