Iowa Tickets Available July 23

KJ.

Single-Game Iowa Tickets go on sale July 23

Odds are the general public won't have a shot at the Nebraska game since they give donors first shot. But a lot of those people probably already have season tickets anyway, so you never know. Also, for $50 you can become some member of some dumb squawk club that will let you buy 2 days before the general public.

And, as I leave you, here's an awesome quote from the website:

Because of the record-setting demand for season tickets to the seven home games Kirk Ferentz's squad will play inside historic Kinnick Stadium in 2012, the number of tickets available for purchase on a single-game basis is small in total number.

Rephrased:

We sold the most season tickets we've ever sold and our stadium still isn't sold out.

I'll be disappointed if half the stadium isn't red

It won't be, the chances of painting that place red are very slim. They do a pretty good job keeping the visitors out......................having said that they haven't had to deal with us at home for awhile. I hope we paint it red as well, I'd love it!

I'll be disappointed if half the stadium isn't red

It won't be, the chances of painting that place red are very slim. They do a pretty good job keeping the visitors out......................having said that they haven't had to deal with us at home for awhile. I hope we paint it red as well, I'd love it!

How good of a job do they do Friday morning after Thanksgiving?

Wow KJ and Moiraine, you are misreading that badly. Iowa has sold out their allotment of season tickets for years - this year there was just more DEMAND than they have ever had. Iowa doesn't actually allot the entire stadium to season tickets and so even though many season ticket requests are turned away there are always some single game tickets to some games. They keep blocks of tickets available for homecoming and parents weekend which means those tickets can't be sold as season tickets, leaving those seats to be sold as single game tickets. In the past few years, they have started to do 3 game packages to those that applied for full season tickets but didn't have enough priority to actually receive full season tickets.

I believe that they are going to offer student tickets this year both with and without the NE game option so that will affect what is available for NE. They have been sending out emails to Iowa season ticket holders to get in requests for additional single game tickets before they go on sale later this month. I have almost no priority so I didn't bother sending the form back in, but I would be very surprised if there is much left available for the NE game when they go on sale.

Here is the full schedule of when tickets go on sale at Iowa:

On-Sale schedule for single game tickets

• Monday, July 23 - Kinnick Society and Champion Hawk I-Club Membership Levels
  • Tuesday, July 24 - Golden Hawk I-Club Membership Level
  • Wednesday, July 25 - All remaining I-Club Membership Levels
  • Thursday, July 26 - Season ticket (Full and Mini) holders who are not members of the National I-Club.
  • Friday, July 27 - General Public

so I will be able to check on the 25th and see what the availability is and will let you know where it stands on that day at least.

Wow KJ and Moiraine, you are misreading that badly. Iowa has sold out their allotment of season tickets for years - this year there was just more DEMAND than they have ever had. Iowa doesn't actually allot the entire stadium to season tickets and so even though many season ticket requests are turned away there are always some single game tickets to some games. They keep blocks of tickets available for homecoming and parents weekend which means those tickets can't be sold as season tickets, leaving those seats to be sold as single game tickets. In the past few years, they have started to do 3 game packages to those that applied for full season tickets but didn't have enough priority to actually receive full season tickets.

I believe that they are going to offer student tickets this year both with and without the NE game option so that will affect what is available for NE. They have been sending out emails to Iowa season ticket holders to get in requests for additional single game tickets before they go on sale later this month. I have almost no priority so I didn't bother sending the form back in, but I would be very surprised if there is much left available for the NE game when they go on sale.

• Thursday, July 26 - Season ticket (Full and Mini) holders who are not members of the National I-Club.

so I will be able to check on the 25th and see what the availability is and will let you know where it stands on that day at least.

That's smart, wish our university would consider it.

I definitely agree. Our student section is always an embarrassment for Thanksgiving games.

I definitely agree. Our student section is always an embarrassment for Thanksgiving games.

i agree, the kids should skip going back home to spend thanksgiving with their families...

i agree, the kids should skip going back home to spend thanksgiving with their families...

I've done it two years in a row, and I'm pretty sure if I went home to see my family my Dad would get pissed at me for skipping a game.

They can go home, eat Thanksgiving breakfast, head back to school, party all night and be good for the game

They can go home, eat Thanksgiving breakfast, head back to school, party all night and be good for the game

Just head home on Friday after the game and have the Thanksgiving meal on Saturday. Has the added bonus of having college football to watch instead of the Lions and Cowboys while waiting for the turkey to be done.

I am a student at Iowa and i have a few notes on this game.

-the university doesn't include the Nebraska game In the regular group of student tickets. It's an extra ticket that is optional and they are charging an extra 15 dollars per ticket. There has been some big games in kinnick and I have never paid more than 60 dollars for a ticket. Any ideas as to Why they would do this?

-there are plenty of scalpers outside of kinnick and its usually not overly expensive. So dont be too concerned if you make the trip to iowa city without a ticket.

-the easist tickets to get are student tickets. You can find a wasted girl outside the stadium and snag a ticket for 20 bucks most games. Kinnick is so laid back with student tickets. I didnt get checked for my Id once this year so if you're under 25, that might be an option to explore.

-I don't expect a large amount of students to make the game. A large percentage of students live at least 2 hours away and I dont forseeable them making the trip back for the game. Especially if the hawks are hovering around .500 which I completely expect them to me

We better red out this stadium. Hawk fans think they are the greatest fan base in thw world and all they do is bash husker fans. Let's show them what they are made of.

-the easist tickets to get are student tickets. You can find a wasted girl outside the stadium and snag a ticket for 20 bucks most games. Kinnick is so laid back with student tickets. I didnt get checked for my Id once this year so if you're under 25, that might be an option to explore.

Being decked out in Husker red wouldn't be a bit of a tip off? :blink: