CB Ross Douglas [Michigan Commit]

It's very strange that we're in a position to really need CBs, he could come in and play right away, but he takes the Michigan offer. What did they tell him, what did they promise him, and what did we not do correctly? Very weird.

Even with a solid start to recruiting this year....we are getting burned once in a while on hopeful recruits that we spend some good time and energy on. It sucks and it's disheartening. My thoughts exactly, "What did they tell him? What did they offer him?" CRIPES!!!! Eh..wait til the season starts. If NEB can win some high-profile games, we may be able to switch a few recruits and land more (landing more will happen). Then again....this happens to every program and I shouldn't be so pissed about this one. eh....I'm ready for the season to start.

It's very strange that we're in a position to really need CBs, he could come in and play right away, but he takes the Michigan offer. What did they tell him, what did they promise him, and what did we not do correctly? Very weird.

It could be as simple as this --- Michigan is trending up. They play hard, have been winning and their future is bright. They ripped NU last year and, if I were their coach, I'd simply state that NU is not trending up and Michigan is --- and that Michigan has a vastly superior recruiting class relative to NU both this year and last --- so that they likely will be pulling even more ahead of NU with time . Seems, actually, quite a simple recruiting sell. Michigan is upwardly mobile and heading places.

I am not at all surprised that NU loses out to Michigan for a recruit.. they (Michigan) likely would get the player in the vast, vast majority of cases --- for reasons quite clear. We can win those recruiting battles if a special relationship between the player and our coaches arises... and there are legitimate and good reasons to come to NU too. But NU is at a huge disadvantage recruiting against Michigan. We might win some.. but will lose most.

Good stuff there sir. And, the board seems to forget that there was a relationship forged already between the recruit and UM. It sounded like in his first go around UM lost out to PSU ... so I don't get why so many seemed bewildered that he would choose UM over us with had already occurred. It sounded like NU was a place to come and compare and then confirm that UM was the place for him. To me, we should take it as a compliment that he choose to see us over the other schools in the B1G.

Don't get me wrong ... I'd love to have him ... but I totally get him choosing UM.

You make a good point sir. At least he came and visited. I didn't know UM was already after him.

Even with a solid start to recruiting this year....we are getting burned once in a while on hopeful recruits that we spend some good time and energy on. It sucks and it's disheartening. My thoughts exactly, "What did they tell him? What did they offer him?" CRIPES!!!! Eh..wait til the season starts. If NEB can win some high-profile games, we may be able to switch a few recruits and land more (landing more will happen). Then again....this happens to every program and I shouldn't be so pissed about this one. eh....I'm ready for the season to start.

You realize most schools put out over 200 offers each year and can only sign around 20. A lot of schools get "burned" as you put it. Nebraska isn't any different than any other school its just we follow them so we know. But we really didn't put much into this guy. He called us, we spent a day with him and two days later he's headed to MU. I feel better about that than a guy we put 11 months into and then two days before signing day he chooses someone else.

You realize most schools put out over 200 offers each year and can only sign around 20. A lot of schools get "burned" as you put it. Nebraska isn't any different than any other school its just we follow them so we know. But we really didn't put much into this guy. He called us, we spent a day with him and two days later he's headed to MU. I feel better about that than a guy we put 11 months into and then two days before signing day he chooses someone else.

Agree........

aaaaah ic. Thanks for the info.